• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: The Best Marvel Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is MUA the BEST Marvel video game??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku/Sora-Rule

Hey guys. It's time to get your opinions out there.

Marvel Comics is behind the creation of so many memorable and unique heroes and fictional characters. Not to rip on DC or any other companies who have defiantly had their fair share of creations. But it seems most people will name their favorite tight wearing vigilantes as those under the Marvel franchise.

From Captain America, to Iron Man, to Spider-man, to The X-Men. They are all memorable and have so many twists and turns in their story to keep your head spinning.

In terms of video games, it seems like it would be the easiest to create fun and exciting experience. But for the most part, they don't take their time with it! and oddly enough, many games they make are movie licensed, Those have so much potential but still seem to bite it hard because they are rushed too much, and not enough thought is put into them.

The DC Universe has finally become wiser. with their release of Batman: Arkham Asylum, and the heavily anticipated Arkham City coming out next week, they are really taking the comic book video game genre to new heights.

With Marvel, one of the best they have created, doesn't stand on it's own feet. Many people praise the Marvel Vs. Capcom series, and it is an incredible fighting game series. The problem is that 1). Capcom has to be apart of it. Marvel can stand fine on it's own feet. it's not like there aren't enough heroes and villains to bring to the table. 2). with the newest Marvel Vs. Capcom Game they rly flubbed up with character selection as well as some other things. Internet Video Game Reviewer Angry Joe, was disappointed in many aspects of it and I agree with his thoughts.

(to be clear, I am not bashing the series, I do love it, and as any game reviewer have opinions that can be said without making it sound like the entire game is bad.)

But My favorite Marvel game of all time is defiantly Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Released in 2006 it had what a huge marvel fan could ask for. Great voice acting fitting for every character. a tense story line. immense amount of game play. unique features. And of course....CHARACTER SELECTION! In the Next Gen consoles there was a minimum of 25 free characters, 7 of which were unlock-able. The Xbox 360 version even had 8 more included as DLC, or if you bout the Gold or Platinum version they were free too. AND 4 of those were villains! speaking of Villains, they have a total of 44 powerful Marvel Villains to fight. By the way, that's just counting the different villains. There are still several more boss fights!

Let's not also forget the powers, abilities, and costumes! While some may mirror those of another character, it's only because they have similar powers, but they r detailed enough to make it look like something newer, and of course every move has different stats. One cool thing is how they get around. some would float, some walk/run, some have the ability to fly, most of them double jump (the highest jumper being daredevil) some can teleport a short distance, and some can make themselves travel fast in the air while doing damage when making contact with enemies (like spider-man and his web swing) and the costumes! every character has costumes to change their appearances and give them new abilities. for most characters there's 4 costumes (off the top of my head moon night is the only one with 3) This even unlocks other marvel characters in general! For instance, with Iron Man, one of his costumes turns him into War Machine. and Thor, one of his turns him into Beta Ray Bill.

Although Graphics did leave something to be desired. for the most part they were solid. Several cut scenes were phenomenal and action pack, while the rest (the mission briefing scenes) were sort of in between the high quality detailed ones and the in-game engine graphics. but the in-game ones were really hit or miss, Such as Mephisto. The comic art int the game for him was so bad-ass, but when he actually made his first appearance, it was a let down to the say the least. but it was so damn fun none-the-less. it has a very high replay value.

Overall this game is beyond fun. in my opinion the closest Marvel has come to producing the perfect game. That is in crossover territory. The sequel, in my opinion just sucked. Very boring, anti-climactic, less stat building, and a bad idea to make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance Game. The Marvel Civil War should be it's own game. I thought that the sequel should have been based around the ending of the first game, and have Galactic attack earth.

Anyway, this is my reasoning for my opinions on why I believe Marvel Ultimate Alliance was the best Marvel game veer made. Up top you can vote on whether u agree or not, and tell me what you think is the best Marvel video game ever made. or if you'd also like, go ahead and say ur favorite Comic Book based video game altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back