• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I like this reply, it points out a possible key that might be used in Part 2 to bring back some of the dead characters. If this "trade one life for another" thing will indeed start happening, it might not only affect Tony and Nebula, but everyone who feels responsibility and sacrifice fall heavily on their shoulders, as their duty.

I don't really want the "equivalent exchange" card being pulled in Part 2, but then again, this would make me feel genuine sadness for the loss of characters, while Infinity War didn't let me slip into deep sadness since the friend I went to the cinema with was so extremely optimistic that everyone will come back anyway aka Infinity War didn't give me serious reasons to believe these deaths are permanent and should hurt me for real. This character revival thing in comic books... It really makes character deaths feel pointless, doesn't it? I very much dislike it when a serious matter like death feels completely pointless in works of fiction.

Now this is a thing I liked, though. In contrast to the negative point of character deaths feeling pointless and reversible, killing so many characters - really important ones too - and showing the villain really succeed... this thing feels amazing. Previous MCU movies always presented the Good defeating the Bad successfully, not without sacrifice or high costs of other kind, but nonetheless the Good wins. But here? The Good is such a small force and by now carries so many inner and outer scars, the traumatizing experiences reach deep, deep in the characters' hearts. Some are more affected than others. I am constantly concerned for "Earth's best defender", Tony, who is no genetically-modified muscular man, nor a god or extraterestrial species, nor an AI or a perfect agent trained to be a killing machine from birth. Tony is just a human trying his best, trying to protect what he cares about on the deepest level: everyone. He cares about everyone. Yet he's really just a smart human with some suits. It felt so good to hear Thanos saying Tony earned his respect. Tony, out of all beings.

Thanos won for now and it has to be this way, trusting the Doctor's words. To me, it makes everything all the more interesting. And terrifying.

From the moment we saw that Thanos was actually a c t u a l l y capable of love, specifically after seeing the contexts of the GotG movies and Infinity War, I thought that this confirms that Thanos is not your general "evil to the bone" supervillain, otherwise he would indeed erase all his traces and never give any openings to anyone who opposes him. He doesn't do that, for whatever reason, but from his expressions and moments of hesitation and contemplation through the second half of Infinity War, I think this self-consciousness of his will indeed let him let himself die when the moment comes.
That last scene with him seeing child!Gamora broke my heart. Those are the waters that will symbollically erode his motivations. He will forever regret the sacrifice of the Soul Stone.

Ok but other that that I gotta say the biggest WTF moment in the movie for me was seeing Red Skull as the "guardian" of the Soul Stone there, maaaaan everyone at the cinema around me almost stood up being caught off-guard xD

And I am so so so so satisfied to have seen that one scene between Rocket and Bucky, it was short but amazing and amusing, not to say badass. Man, so many good moments in this movie though

Also, Bruce was the voice of the audience in this movie. All his "OHHH YEAH" moments, like when Thor came back to Earth, clearly expressed the audience's reactions and I connected so well with the adorable scientist dork, I really like the direction his character went through these movies
I know with the Red Skull entrance I literally shot up out of my seat, I couldn't believe it at all.
Definitely did Bruce react at some points exactly like me. When Thor came back to earth with the axe and did his first op move slamming the axe into the ground my brother yelled out, "Holy shit!!!" into the audience.

But I also feel the same with the whole bad guy winning thing. I've always wanted to know what it was like for the bad guys to win in the movie. I even try to imagine what could have happen in contrast to what actually did happen. For the first time this being introduced into a Marvel movie definitely caught me off guard, if not everyone else. I never really expected a move like that in a Marvel movie, because pretty much said good guys would mostly win for the record.
Also agreed with Thanos not being the occasional villian who only cares about destruction. In a sense he feels what he is doing is right for the sake of the universe by having genocide, and in a way he thinks good only doing it the wrong way. And that makes you have a better understanding of a villian instead of them being, "Oh I want the world to suffer under my evil command or I want to rule/destroy the world". Thanos has a good reason for doing what he is, but it is morally wrong as it leads to the deaths of many.

shady543

Awards
Not gonna lie, my favourite part was the 'I am groot' 'I am Steve Rogers' line. That and the squidward joke. Both were golden. I think spidey's death and Thor's entrance were my main favourites though apart from the comedy

Well yea lol, I think we all sorta thought that way ha. I was fully prepared for the older members to die and it was the opposite. Definitely intentionally made that way lol. I assume at least like 2 will die, and then yea a few more retire. I don't see the need to just kill them all or anything, like if by the end of these 2 movies 5 or so important characters are permanently dead, that's still quite a few... adding too many more just feels forced to me tbh. Like these aren't super sad movies, so I'd rather they not try to be all of a sudden. It should end relatively "satisfyingly".

You just go [ spoilers ] [ /spoilers ] but without the spaces. So very similar to the spoiler box lol.

Aha yeah I was more just listing my personal thoughts, so I'm aware that it's what a lot of people think. And thanks bud, jeez for some reason I didn't see the 's' and got so confused on why it wasn't working :'D

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

D

Deleted member 246005

I also saw Thor ragnorak. It can be a mixed bag for Thor fans but Im hoping the director gets free reign on another franchise.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Almost done with Luke Cage season 2. It has been lit fam.

D

Deleted member 246005

I saw Infinity Wars twice last week.

It lives up to the hype.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Captain Marvel trailer is getting released today.

D

Deleted member 246005

Halfway through Iron Fist season 2 and it's leagues better than season 1.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I love what I'm seeing with Captain Marvel, that movie has so much potential.

Jude Law's character in Captain Marvel is totally going to be Yon-Rogg, I feel that the Skrulls are just a diversion for that reveal.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I love what I'm seeing with Captain Marvel, that movie has so much potential.

Jude Law's character in Captain Marvel is totally going to be Yon-Rogg, I feel that the Skrulls are just a diversion for that reveal.

I thought he was already confirmed to be playing
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I can't find the official trailer. It's just youtube crap saying "official", can someone post it please?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I don't think there has been a trailer announced yet.
I think Lonbilly just confused the EW reveal photos with a possible trailer.

I played myself. I have no one to blame but myself for seeing Brie tweet to EW that theyw ere gonna break the internet the next day and then boom, my mind jumped to conclusions.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
[video=youtube;Z1BCujX3pw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=116&v=Z1BCujX3pw8[/video]

Captain Marvel trailer. They had me at Blockbuster.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I like what I see and I am hyped for the movie, it'll be next spring though, March seems so far away all of a sudden
we NEED this movie, especially after what Infinity War did to us xD

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
March seems so far away all of a sudden
we NEED this movie, especially after what Infinity War did to us xD

Truly! We've has so many back-to-back MCU hits the first half of this year, that now we're sitting on a cold hard lump waiting for the resolution. March is far. We'll all have played KHIII by then~ ;p

Recon

Art of War
Awards
That blockbuster video cameo is hilarious. Everything looked good, but the train scene.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Oh this is gonna be fun. I can't wait to see it. Watch your ass Thanos, Avengers and the two captains are coming for ya.

Back