• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

AegisXIII

Awards
And did you see? No stupid joke at the end of the trailer. The tension is intact...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I liked Shang Chi, but I thought the special effects were kinda off ngl

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Soo What If...? just ended this week and I figured I'd give a short statement on my thoughts. The show was fun, I think a lot of the episodes could have been longer seeing they didn't really have the time to explore everything they set out to do. While I enjoyed most of them, none really stood out to me too much. For me personally the Party Thor one was the weakest, but that's kind of natural seeing I don't enjoy the movies it was spoofing.

Other than that I loved how we got to see more of the characters and dynamics. We never got quite got to see the Black Widow and Hawkeye friendship play out as much as I'd like in the movies, so it was nice having the pair be the focus of an episode.
I also enjoyed it's take on Steven Strange and Peggy Carter. I'm happy to hear Peggy is going to be a recurring character moving forward.

If this does become a longer ongoing series, I hope we can revisit some of these worlds again. There's a few universes that could be interesting to see where they go from where they left of. Not a huge Zombie fan, but I'd still be interested to see if Peter, T'Challa and Scott ended up with a better chance of saving their world after Steven reduced the number of Zombies by throwing them at Ultron.

Also regarding Shang-Chi, I really enjoyed the movie. I went to the cinema not knowing what to expect and was possessively surprised by how much I liked it. I think this is movie managed to balance the development between the Hero and the Villain pretty well.

It's a good "origin" movie. I feel it manages to stand on its own pretty well, while still including elements that make it obviously part of the MCU, which I feel is kind of important for the standalone movies.

The movie handled relationships really well, I like how Katy and Shang's relationship wasn't depicted as a budding romance. I like how complex the relationship between the siblings were. You can tell that they care for each other, but there's guilt and resentment mixed in and while they're on the same side it's clear that they're not on the same page. Xialing taking over the Ten Rings makes sense seeing she was already pretty comfortable in the criminal underworld when Shang reconnected with her.

I really liked how Shang and his sister fought together at the end, it's nice to have a brother/sister team up, even if they're not entirely on the same side.
One thing I do feel like this movie kind of glossed over is what it's like to be Chinese American and what it's culture is like, but that's perhaps something they can explore some more with Katy in a sequel.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just finished “What if…” myself and thoroughly enjoyed what it had to offer. At first I felt indifferent, but the quality, story lines, and focus were executed spectacularly. I don’t think there was a episode I didn’t like. I highly recommend to watch these.

D

Deleted member 246005

"Black Widow" was good outside of the main villian.

"What If?" Is fun but don't take it too seriously.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Saw Eternals tonight. I don’t think it deserves to be the lowest rated MCU on Rotten Tomatoes by any means, but isn’t as strong a film as I hoped it would be. I really enjoyed the experience though. A great change of pace for the MCU and I liked all the characters. I hope the reviews don’t hurt their chances of showing back up down the line.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I absolutely adored Eternals, and the more I think about it the more I feel that it's my favourite Marvel Studios movie. It's a movie that suffers for not following the rule of "show don't tell" but the strengths of the movie vastly outweigh its weaknesses. This is absolutely not the worst Marvel Studios movie, I can get if people feel that it isn't the best but it's definitely not the worst.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I absolutely adored Eternals, and the more I think about it the more I feel that it's my favourite Marvel Studios movie. It's a movie that suffers for not following the rule of "show don't tell" but the strengths of the movie vastly outweigh its weaknesses. This is absolutely not the worst Marvel Studios movie, I can get if people feel that it isn't the best but it's definitely not the worst.

I loved it too.

But I don't get why it's the first MCU film with this much clunky and cheesy exposition dialogue when it's also the first to express that same message visually in such a beautiful way to make that dialogue redundant in the first place.

So odd.

D

Deleted member 246005

The No Way Home trailer is growing on me. But I'm still worried its gonna feel like gonna be empty fanservice.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I loved it too.

But I don't get why it's the first MCU film with this much clunky and cheesy exposition dialogue when it's also the first to express that same message visually in such a beautiful way to make that dialogue redundant in the first place.

So odd.
Chloe Zhao's previous filmmaking experience has been semi-scripted documentary styled dramas. Songs My Brother Taught Me, The Rider and Nomadland are all very expository movies but that sort of style clearly didn't translate well for everyone.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Chloe Zhao's previous filmmaking experience has been semi-scripted documentary styled dramas. Songs My Brother Taught Me, The Rider and Nomadland are all very expository movies but that sort of style clearly didn't translate well for everyone.

I have them all on blu-ray and have watched each one at least twice.

None of them had the level of contrived exposition Eternals had. And none of it was as poorly written.

Exposition isn't just people explaining stuff. It's people explaining stuff in an unnatural and forced way

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I have them all on blu-ray and have watched each one at least twice.

None of them had the level of contrived exposition Eternals had. And none of it was as poorly written.

Exposition isn't just people explaining stuff. It's people explaining stuff in an unnatural and forced way
None of them were also about Marvel superheroes that are ancient aliens that have influenced humanity, either.

Chloe Zhao rewrote the screenplay for Eternals twice. The first screenplay credit is herself and the second screenplay credit is her and Patrick Burleigh. It's clear that scripted content is new territory for her.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
None of them were also about Marvel superheroes that are ancient aliens that have influenced humanity, either.

Chloe Zhao rewrote the screenplay for Eternals twice. The first screenplay credit is herself and the second screenplay credit is her and Patrick Burleigh. It's clear that scripted content is new territory for her.

She's an oscar-nominated screenwriter and winner of several screenplay awards.

Her Nomadland shooting script is available online to read. I've read it and it seems very scripted.

Seems less that scripted film is new territory for her and more that Xhao films are new territory for you. Have you even seen them or did you just hope noone else would have either?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
She's an oscar-nominated screenwriter and winner of several screenplay awards.

Her Nomadland shooting script is available online to read. I've read it and it seems very scripted.

Seems less that scripted film is new territory for her and more that Zhao films are new territory for you. Have you even seen them or did you just hope noone else would have either?
Yes, I saw Songs My Brothers Taught Me, The Rider and Nomadland. I loved The Rider, Songs My Brothers Taught Me was alright and Nomadland was boring. There's a difference between semi-scripted and scripted content, the former has improv' whilst the latter doesn't.

If we're being technical, Eternals was greenlit and in production before Nomadland, it was just because of the pandemic delay that Nomadland released first and gave Chloe Zhao her Academy Award. Had COVID-19 not been a thing and Eternals released during 2020, the expectations for Eternals would have been much different.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
No Way Home was incredible. I feared they had taken on too much and that it might face the same curse as Spider-Man 3 and TASM2 with being overstuffed but they absolutely nailed this. And Peter has an incredible arc in this one. Even if you didn’t like Tom’s Peter in previous iterations, you will likely change your mind after watching this one.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Regarding No Way Home I won’t say anything. But damn my midnight premiere was weak. That had to have been the worst audience for a midnight premiere I ever had.

Back