• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: Avengers(Possible compilation? continuation?) Movie Discussion

Iron Man
The Hulk
Ant-Man
The Wasp
Thor
Captain America(Replaced Hulk on team in issue four of the original series. Soon became the identifying figure)
lol that's not all of the avengers, stupid.
that's a pretty small team.

The more classic line up is similar to the one featured in the Ultimates, which could easily make the trainsition to screen.

Steve Rogers aka Captain America
Tony Stark aka Iron Man
Donald Blake aka Thor
Clint Barton aka Hawkeye
Janet Van Dyne (Janet Pym in the Ultimates) aka Wasp
Hank Pym aka Giant Man aka Ant-Man aka Goliath aka Yellowjacket
Bruce Banner aka Hulk
Wanda (Lensherr) Maximoff aka Scarlett Witch
Pietro (Lensherr) Maximoff aka Quicksilver
The Vision

Give or take on Quicksilver and the Vision, and you have you classic line up. Also depends on what storyline you want to go with first because we can't have Vision until we have Ultron.

And the only other issue is whether Marvel has the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, considering they're Magneto's kids. Meaning X-Men ties, so Fox could possibly have them at the moment.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

lol that's not all of the avengers, stupid.
that's a pretty small team.

The more classic line up is similar to the one featured in the Ultimates, which could easily make the trainsition to screen.

Steve Rogers aka Captain America
Tony Stark aka Iron Man
Donald Blake aka Thor
Clint Barton aka Hawkeye
Janet Van Dyne (Janet Pym in the Ultimates) aka Wasp
Hank Pym aka Giant Man aka Ant-Man aka Goliath aka Yellowjacket
Bruce Banner aka Hulk
Wanda (Lensherr) Maximoff aka Scarlett Witch
Pietro (Lensherr) Maximoff aka Quicksilver
The Vision

Give or take on Quicksilver and the Vision, and you have you classic line up. Also depends on what storyline you want to go with first because we can't have Vision until we have Ultron.

And the only other issue is whether Marvel has the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, considering they're Magneto's kids. Meaning X-Men ties, so Fox could possibly have them at the moment.

did you miss where I said "Original?" The Avengers were never as large a team as you believed they were. That list, for the original 1960's run of the comic, is accurate. And do you have any idea how many people have been on the team in total? Your list is too small as well.

Avengers - Marvel Universe: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.

Today's roster includes heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Dr. Strange, and many others.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

did you miss where I said "Original?" The Avengers were never as large a team as you believed they were. That list, for the original 1960's run of the comic, is accurate.
Nobody cares for the original team (those characters still feature on my line up). Everyone wants the classic line up.

And do you have any idea how many people have been on the team in total? Your list is too small as well.
Avengers - Marvel Universe: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.
Today's roster includes heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Dr. Strange, and many others.
lol because i totally did not know that. like at all.

15062008.jpg

Those are mine. I just took that photo on my phone.
And that's only a fraction of what I own in total.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

I am sorely tempted to make a joke about that. But I digress, I shall not.

And what makes you think that they'll do the "classic" team, as you call it? The Originals are the Classics. And When the team was put togther, they only had those heroes. What they're doing is essentially putting the team back together.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

I am sorely tempted to make a joke about that. But I digress, I shall not.
Make a joke, I don't care.
I go to parties every week. I see my friends every day. I've had girlfriends and plenty of hot hook ups. I'm not a virgin. I've had blowjobs. I weigh 65kilos. I go to the gym.
I have an extremely active social life and I'm fit, I can take up whatever hobby I want.

Besides, here you are making a thread about the very same characters. The only differance is I read the books, and you watch the movies. And more often then not, the movies are pieces of crap.

And what makes you think that they'll do the "classic" team, as you call it? The Originals are the Classics. And When the team was put togther, they only had those heroes. What they're doing is essentially putting the team back together.
Because the classic line up is broader and features better characters. Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch are considered Avengers staples. Hawkeye specifically. He's not a part of other books, whereas Scarlet Witch has the X-Men, Hawkeye only has the Avengers.

And that line up I mentioned, minus the Vision, is the Ultimates line up. And Iron Man and Incredible Hulk have drawn quite a bit from the Ultimates.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

What makes you I don't read the books? If I didn't read the books, I wouldn't see the Movies. Especially after the last hulk movie.

And I just get a feeling that Marvel will just stick to the original characters used in the Avengers comics first run. If stan Lee is involved in any way, he'll make sure that it stays true to the original story.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

What makes you I don't read the books? If I didn't read the books, I wouldn't see the Movies. Especially after the last hulk movie.
Then why make the point of saying you'd make a joke about the fact that I read the comic books? That would make you a hypocrite.
And that's bullshit. You'd still see the movies.
I think you read Wikipedia, and that's about as close as it comes.
You want to prove to me you read the comic books, give me some evidence. Tell me, or show me something.

And I just get a feeling that Marvel will just stick to the original characters used in the Avengers comics first run. If stan Lee is involved in any way, he'll make sure that it stays true to the original story.
lol.
Other than recieving an Executive Producer credit with the movies and royalties, Stan Lee has nothing to do with Marvel these days (Something you should know if you read the books).

The Incredible Hulk deviates hugely from the original story.
Iron Man deviates hugely from the original story.
Spider-Man deviates hugely from the original story.
Fantastic Four deviates hugely from the original story.

You know why? Because these characters were created in the 60's, and the origins for them at the time were awesome and great, but now they're farcical and unbelievable.

So it's highly doubtful that the Avengers movie will stick to what you believe to be the "original" story (or what you read on Wikipedia). When all the characters you think should be in the Avengers movie are getting their own movies first, there would be a lot of narrative lost. Avengers serves as the perfect introduction to the larger Marvel universe and therefore should be used to introduce us to more characters/Avengers.

Here's a Wikipedia article to read: Ultimates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

I'm just seeing a patteren here. The characters are being recreated as they originally were. And I didn't say stick, I said stay true to. All of the movies were based from stories from the original series. Fantastic four and Galactus. Spider-Man and the Green Goblin, etc. Even if the movie versions of the Fantastic Four didn't steal an experimental space ship, they still got blasted with cosmic radiation, which is more than I can say for the Ultimate series. All the Movies have the key elements that were so important in the original storyline. The original roster of the fantastic four is one that would be for an avengers movie. That, and discovering Captain America in the ice flow.

And the Ultimate series is crap to me. I enjoy the original runs far more. They're trying to push several years of storylines in such a short amount of time. Spider-Man especially. What, they had Venom come and go a year after the Green Goblin? I jus couldn't read it.

Plus, I've read the Ultimates. They put the original team together before they even added any others. Pym was given the boot half way through for trying to murder his wife, and By the end of the first volume, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have earned a spot, and Hawkeye joins in volume two.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

You're retarded.

I'm just seeing a patteren here. The characters are being recreated as they originally were. And I didn't say stick, I said stay true to. All of the movies were based from stories from the original series. Fantastic four and Galactus. Spider-Man and the Green Goblin, etc.
uh huh.
All the movies are based on stories from the comics, are they done page for page? Hell no. Are they done chronologically? lol no. Green Goblin didn't die after his first arc. Galactus isn't a giant space cloud.
You're not making a clear point, nor any sense.

Even if the movie versions of the Fantastic Four didn't steal an experimental space ship, they still got blasted with cosmic radiation, which is more than I can say for the Ultimate series.
Which was the point. More realistically, if someone was hit with cosmic radiation, they'd just horribly mutate and die.
And here's another thing, Doom wasn't part of the accident. His involvement in the accident was lifted from Ultimate Fantastic Four.
oooh.

All the Movies have the key elements that were so important in the original storyline. The original roster of the fantastic four is one that would be for an avengers movie. That, and discovering Captain America in the ice flow.
Again, no sense.
You're trying to make this point that the movies are keeping the original storyline, yet sourcing things where there are clear differances. Yes, the main beats are there. But is it 100% true like you're implying it is, no.
Fantastic Four has no relation to the Avengers, other than being buddies. The movies will have absolutely no relation.

And the Ultimate series is crap to me. I enjoy the original runs far more. They're trying to push several years of storylines in such a short amount of time. Spider-Man especially. What, they had Venom come and go a year after the Green Goblin? I jus couldn't read it.
Oh bullshit. You're telling me that the Essential collections are better? Stan Lee created interesting and diverse characters with potential, but his writing skill is rather bland compared to how far we've come today. Mark Millar is a much better writer.
And something you're failing to understand about the Ultimate line is that it's not simply updating the stories from years past. It's telling the story in a newer fashion for modern audiences. It's not meant to be the same.

Plus, I've read the Ultimates. They put the original team together before they even added any others. Pym was given the boot half way through for trying to murder his wife, and By the end of the first volume, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have earned a spot, and Hawkeye joins in volume two.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
This is where all credibility you kinda had goes flying out the window.
The Ultimates is one of the greatest superhero comic books runs. The point was that it was very differant. It modernized things and it was awesome.

At the end of Iron Man, Samuel L. Jackson makes an appearance as Nick Fury.
This is Ultimate Nick Fury:
UltimateNickFury.jpg

The "original" Nick Fury is white.
I wonder where the casting choice of Sam Jackson was drawn from...

In Incredible Hulk, Banner's accident was caused by General Ross looking to replicate the Super Soldier serum.
The original origin had Banner saving Rick Jones from a gamma bomb.
In the Ultimates, Banner causes his accident looking for ways to replication the Super Soldier serum.
Where did that come from?

trini202

The Avengers...

THE BIGGEST SUPER-HERO MOVIE EVENT IN HISTORY!!!

We know its coming...Wikipedia says 2011. The scene after the credits in Iron Man shows...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!(I dont know how to do the spoile box thingy)

Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury shows up and asks Tony about the Avengers initiative.

And after the credits roll in The Incredible Hulk...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony tells General Ross that a team is being put together.

I just want to know want your opinions on this. Also who you think will be in it (Wikipedia says Captain America and Thor movies are in the making). And also your thoughts on Samuel L. Jackson being cast as Nick Fury!!!

big don mega

Re: The Avengers...

wikipedia isn't a very trustworthy source
also this should be in media i think

but about samual l jackson as nick fury, that's a reason to see the movie for me

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Re: The Avengers...

This belongs in the media section, trini.

And why are you hyped over Samuel Jackson being Nick Fury? He's a great actor, but stop being so hyped. Ultimate Nick Fury's design is based off Samuel Jackson, so that's most likely the main reason he was cast as Nick Fury.

EDIT: I see someone merged it.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Re: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Anywho.... I found this video on YouTube, I have no idea what its from... but its pretty kewl.

YouTube - Avengers

Of course we know Spider-Man (being Sony's) isnt going to be in the Avengers... but still the vid is pretty kewl.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they did wolverine in the avengers film because

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Wolverine wasn't in the Avengers.

On a side note, I really don't know how well the Avengers movie will do.

I think a lot of people who typically watch these superhero movies will be really upset to find out that the Xmen weren't part of the Avengers, and that Spiderman wasn't an Avenger until decades after the group's creation.

p.s. I really wouldn't mind seeing a teenage Carol Danvers appear in the Avengers movie, perhaps preparing to become Ms. Marvel or Warbird in a sequel.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Wolverine wasn't in the Avengers.

On a side note, I really don't know how well the Avengers movie will do.

I think a lot of people who typically watch these superhero movies will be really upset to find out that the Xmen weren't part of the Avengers, and that Spiderman wasn't an Avenger until decades after the group's creation.

p.s. I really wouldn't mind seeing a teenage Carol Danvers appear in the Avengers movie, perhaps preparing to become Ms. Marvel or Warbird in a sequel.

Well we have to remember, there are a few different versions and generations of Avengers....

And as stated before we also have to remember who has what rights to which film..

Wolverine was in the Avengers..... He was not an original though. On that note... even if he was an original... FOX owns the rights to X-Men and its characters. The Avengers movie is done be MARVEL. Soo they will not come together either way.

BTW: I think these two threads should be put in the OP for reference.

IRON MAN

The Incredible Hulk

Last edited:

captain

Bronze Member

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man
Wasp

These are the most likely to appear in the Avengers movie (along with Nick Fury).
Thor and Cap already have release dates set but Ant-Man (which would introduce the title hero and Wasp has not had any new info)
I've heard a rumer that Hawkeye might appear in this or he may have his own movie and be in the Avengers 2. Who knows?

(And by the way, they are taking a lot of reference from The Ultimates because it, like the other Ultimate books, fits better into our modern day world.)

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

Do we all agree the upcoming film will be closer to the Ultimate line of the comics? All evidence points to it. Example, Nick Fury will be a bald black man, and research of the super soldier serum is what transformed Banner into Hulk. The serum was instrumental in creating Captain America. General Ross who told Emil Blonsky that there was a weapon program initiated in World War II to create a super soldier, and this research leads to the procedure that turns Blonsky into the abomination.

captain

Bronze Member

Like other movie adaptions it seems to be based off the orignal, but still has many traits of Ultimate version simply because that translates better to film.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

Well we have to remember, there are a few different versions and generations of Avengers....

And as stated before we also have to remember who has what rights to which film..

Wolverine was in the Avengers..... He was not an original though. On that note... even if he was an original... FOX owns the rights to X-Men and its characters. The Avengers movie is done be MARVEL. Soo they will not come together either way.

Maybe The New Avengers could be introduced in a sequel. With FOX owing the right to X-Men like you said and Sony owning the rights to Spider-Man, it seems very unlikely.

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man
Wasp

These are the most likely to appear in the Avengers movie (along with Nick Fury).
Thor and Cap already have release dates set but Ant-Man (which would introduce the title hero and Wasp has not had any new info)

I don't get that either. Unless The Avengers Team will just be Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America. Thor isn't set to release until 2009 and Captain American is in 2011, right? Same year The Avengers Movie will be released. If there's no Ant-Man or Wasp movie, chances are slim that'll they'll be in it, but you never know. I don't see a problem with them being unannounced or making cameo appearances in Thor and Captain America.

captain

Bronze Member

Thor isn't set to release until 2009

Thor is being released June 4th, 2010 after making a cameo in Iron Man 2 the April before.

QUESTION:
WHO COULD PLAY THE MIGHTY THOR?​

Back