• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel characters that would fit in KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No answers that equate to “none” or “don’t want them” or “shouldn’t happen”.

Just want to hear some fresh ideas on Marvel characters that would fit well into KH—KH4 specifically because I don’t care about any opinions involving Missing-Link ✌️

The one character I always think would work best is Peter Parker as Spider-Man. Use a teenaged depiction of his character and you have a really good friend for Sora who goes through about as much misery as him.

Miles Morales as Spider-Man would be my second choice because I just really love Miles.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The world itself should be a more fantastical setting than just New York. Like Asgard, Battleworld, or Wakanda.

If BBS like multi character games were still a thing Square gave a damn about, they could have it so different Avengers are party members to different playable characters.

Last edited:

blank points

Awards
I agree that Spider Man would be a good fit. Considering that Nomura did a design for Spider Man a few years back, I could see him maybe implementing it in. Also, for a world idea, I always thought that Into The Spider Verse would be a great choice. The animation style would fit KH’s aesthetic well, and I could see SDG getting along well with the Spider Gang. I could see a scene where SDG act as a moral support for Miles when he decides to take his leap of faith.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I would love to see Marvel be used as Quadratums Winnie the Pooh. Collecting comic book pages and adventuring through episodic quests in an optional fashion. Maybe ending with a secret boss. I could see the party member being Spider-Man (Sora’s new grappling hook would allow him to swing with spidey). But as you collect more pages, you have run ins with other heroes and villains. Each page could unlock another part of NYC.

Or each page is a different hero and once you complete them all you unlock the final page with an avengers style fight.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If they just want to dip a toe in with Marvel, it'd be best to go with a bad guy, as a post-game challenge. It would serve as a way to ease the audience into Marvel's future involvement, and get the gameplay bros to warm up to whatever character they choose.

Obviously Doc Ock!

KairiTheMang0

Awards
I think that having Doctor Strange would be cool. Mostly because I like Doctor Strange, but his whole thing is the multiverse and Sora could go to him to try and find a way to get out of Quadratum. Other then him, Captain America would be my pick, I think he would make for a fun party member, although I don’t know what a story involving him would be.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kind of interested in The Hulk. Even if it's just a secret boss. I could see Sora randomly running into Bruce Banner on the streets of Quadratum. Despite Sora being warned about not making him angry, Sora does it somehow instigating the boss fight.

That would be pretty funny.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If we’re talking MCU, I think Black Panther would be a good choice as I could see Wakanda being a standalone world. Killmonger would make for a great final boss.

Thor Ragnarok would be another option since most of the action is isolated to Sakaar and Asgard. Fighting Hulk in the arena and Hela on the rainbow bridge would both be great boss fights. You have a good selection of party members between Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie, and Loki as well. Only downside is that world gets destroyed in the end, so not sure how they would handle that for world revisits. Maybe it Sakaar would the world with Asgard just being a single area that gets locked out.

If they can make original adaptions with the Marvel characters, I also like the idea of a comic book collection side quest where Sora can pop in with different characters and stories.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
The world itself should be a more fantastical setting than just New York. Like Asgard, Battleworld, or Wakanda.
I agree, while I would like to see Spider-Man as a party member, the fantasy settings work best, for example, big hero 6 felt like a waste of a world, yeah it was a big city, but it felt like it had less to offer compared to say Arendelle, but Asgard, Wakanda,, I could see them working, for example if they ever stop using Olympus at some point, I could see them using Asgard as a replacement, besides, the New York setting has been done so many times already thanks to the Spider-Man games, also when you say Battleworld, do you mean sakaar? Just a bit confused on that, if it is Sakaar, then I could see that replace the coliseum tournaments, again, at some point.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I agree, while I would like to see Spider-Man as a party member, the fantasy settings work best, for example, big hero 6 felt like a waste of a world, yeah it was a big city, but it felt like it had less to offer compared to say Arendelle, but Asgard, Wakanda,, I could see them working, for example if they ever stop using Olympus at some point, I could see them using Asgard as a replacement, besides, the New York setting has been done so many times already thanks to the Spider-Man games, also when you say Battleworld, do you mean sakaar? Just a bit confused on that, if it is Sakaar, then I could see that replace the coliseum tournaments, again, at some point.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Oh, my bad, never read the comics, but I have heard of Battleeworld, so I could see that being used as a world for more than one specific character.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I guess I should add: I prefer a Marvel world to be more directly comic based than MCU based.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I guess I should add: I prefer a Marvel world to be more directly comic based than MCU based.
I agree, I may not read the comics, but I do respect them, that's where everything started After all, so I feel like if anything from Marvel is going to be a world, it should either be based on a Cartoon, like Earth's Mightiest Hero's, or the comics, but that's just me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I agree, I may not read the comics, but I do respect them, that's where everything started After all, so I feel like if anything from Marvel is going to be a world, it should either be based on a Cartoon, like Earth's Mightiest Hero's, or the comics, but that's just me.
Spider-Man seems the obvious since it's a city and he's one of those superheroes most associated with the city on top of having a light personality that suits SDG.

I hadn't thought about it, but T'Challa could live on in KH since the model would still look like Chadwick Boseman even if they had a different VA.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Spider-Man seems the obvious since it's a city and he's one of those superheroes most associated with the city on top of having a light personality that suits SDG.

I hadn't thought about it, but T'Challa could live on in KH since the model would still look like Chadwick Boseman even if they had a different VA.
But that's just it, New York would have to be shrunken down to be a world, and after seeing the way sanfransokyo got treated, I don't want to see a shrunken down NYC that we can barely explore, every area in Sanfransokyo, (except the garage), felt the same, like one big arena, now I am a big fan of Spidey, but he desevers more respect than that, and I think the best way to do Spidey would be to do Battleworld, and have him as one of the party members for it, or make MJ one of the new seven, get captured and have him trace her to the world she's on, yeah, I know it's basically a Beast, Belle, Hollow Bastion do over, but I just can't see them doing NYC justice, same with Gargoyles, the only way I could that working is if it's set 1000 years before they woke up in NYC, they do the avalon storyline, or they create an original story with the Gargoyes and Eliza away from NYC.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
it's just as easy to make a Peter Parker that's inexplicably born and raised in or near Quadratum instead of New York. Tall buildings: check, giant monsters: check, mysterious league of villains: check, all the things a super hero needs to exist

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I don't really fantasize about this, but if I had my choice, my #1 X-Men, Storm, would be a party member or at least thunder-based summon.

Edited for context. Just in terms of Sora's displacement, Ororo might be a thematic fit than literal given that mutants are considered outsiders and "don't belong" in their own world.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
it's just as easy to make a Peter Parker that's inexplicably born and raised in or near Quadratum instead of New York. Tall buildings: check, giant monsters: check, mysterious league of villains: check, all the things a super hero needs to exist
That could work.

Back