• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marluxia was originally a girl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotari

Awards
So apparently Marluxia was originally a girl but they decided to gender swap him since it would look bad for the only girls in an organisation to turn traitor and get killed for it (leaving them with a lone female until Xion appeared which doesn't leave a lot of representation for the females either).

So what do you think of this idea? Would it have been cool if Marluxia remained a girl? Should they have swapped Larxene's gender instead? Would it have been better if they were both girls? Or do you prefer the way everything turned out?

Also hi, this is my first post on this site.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: Marluxia was originally a girl.

Welcome to KHInsider, first and foremost!

I actually like Marluxia as a male, but in terms of story I don't think it would have made much of a difference... It would have been interesting to see how CoM would have played out with a female main antagonist.

To be honest, I thought Larxene was the most sinister and evil member of OXIII, so she sorta made up for the lack of female characters.

Hooserdaddy45

Since I thought Marluxia was female for a long time i don't think it would have made that much of a difference to me hahah But I think it all ended up okay. lol

Gram

Banned
Awards

It would've been interesting if he was female but I doubt it would've made much difference on personality or anything.
As far as Larxene goes I hate her in all forms and varieties~

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm ok with Marluxia being a male but if he had been female then Larxene might have fought with him to see who was the dominant woman of the Organization. xD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I like Marluxia as that flamboyant male honestly. I mean, in the end, I think I would have preferred him being a female because I think KH is lacking that really sinister non-Disney villainess (we know SE can do it, look at Ultimecia) but I want to see a really evil girl that takes charge in KH.

However, I think it's fine as it is, as others have said, it's debatable that Larxene is the most evil of the organization in terms of pure personality.

Jotari

Awards

I don't think there's much flamboyant about Marluxia really. Apart from the whole petal theme and pink scythe (I refuse to accept his pink hair as canon. He was fine with brown) he seems to be a very clear cut emotionless villain.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I like Marluxia as that flamboyant male honestly. I mean, in the end, I think I would have preferred him being a female because I think KH is lacking that really sinister non-Disney villainess (we know SE can do it, look at Ultimecia) but I want to see a really evil girl that takes charge in KH.

However, I think it's fine as it is, as others have said, it's debatable that Larxene is the most evil of the organization in terms of pure personality.
I agree that kh is lacking on the females. It's not just villains its heroes as well.

Esso

Fire Breaker

I agree that kh is lacking on the females. It's not just villains its heroes as well.
Agreed. Kinda hoping that some new main heroine(s) gets introduced to help out in that area.

But yeah, Marluxia would still be the same as he is despite a genderbend probably, and still awesome.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Marluxia being female wouldn't have necessarily made a terrific difference in anything, but I guess it could've been cool, if only because KH really doesn't have a lot in the way of primary femme foes, and the writing for a lot of the girls up until Aqua seemed to follow a pattern, even if it wasn't necessarily bad writing (for instance, CoM introduced Namine, who is a complex and likable character on many levels despite her role as a DiD and a stereotypically "pure" girl who only does bad things out of naivety and desperation). For that matter, if they were concerned about a lack of original female villainy in the series, they could have gender swapped any number of other Organization members, such as Luxord, Saix or Xigbar.

Frankly, I'd love to have seen Lexaeus be a woman. You don't usually get hard-hitting, sage-like girls in video games, delivering darkly insightful monologues on the folly of seeking power rashly; they're generally these sprightly, shrill pixies like Larxene who zip around and have stick figure builds, or non-combat magic users who stick to healing and such. Gimme a girl with some muscle! That's one of the reasons I like Tifa from FFVII. She'll knock a Sephiroth out, no two ways about it. >:]

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

He wasn't a particularly interesting villain (or character) IMO, and I doubt that would've changed with a sex swap. Echoing every other post, though, it would've been nice just to have another female character. But as Alexis just said, that could've been accomplished with pretty much any other Org member. Or any character at all, for that matter.

Frankly, I'd love to have seen Lexaeus be a woman. You don't usually get hard-hitting, sage-like girls in video games, delivering darkly insightful monologues on the folly of seeking power rashly; they're generally these sprightly, shrill pixies like Larxene who zip around and have stick figure builds, or non-combat magic users who stick to healing and such. Gimme a girl with some muscle! That's one of the reasons I like Tifa from FFVII. She'll knock a Sephiroth out, no two ways about it. >:]
YES YES YES. I uniformly agree with this entire paragraph.

Esso

Fire Breaker

I think Axel would've been pretty okay as a female too. "Got it memorized?" with a wink added would be pretty stellar as a female, especially with Axel's personality.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I honestly thought he was woman back when this was first released in 2004, what with all his flowery/petal stuff. Quite shocked after ReCoM came out that it was a dude the whole time.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I think Axel would've been pretty okay as a female too. "Got it memorized?" with a wink added would be pretty stellar as a female, especially with Axel's personality.
Axel would have been awesome as a really androgynous, gender-ambiguous individual, voiced by like Ryusei Nakao. Ungh. <3

Gram

Banned
Awards

Agreed. Kinda hoping that some new main heroine(s) gets introduced to help out in that area.

But yeah, Marluxia would still be the same as he is despite a genderbend probably, and still awesome.
Hopefully we do get a few introduced in the next saga. (since it'd be odd to introduce new characters at the end of xehanorts saga)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Since I thought Marluxia was female for a long time i don't think it would have made that much of a difference to me hahah But I think it all ended up okay. lol
I don't really know how anyone could really have thought that. Even in low res GBA talk sprites, his face had a masculine shape.

Imagining, and the awesome is off the charts

Also would not mind lexeaus as a woman.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't think there's much flamboyant about Marluxia really. Apart from the whole petal theme and pink scythe (I refuse to accept his pink hair as canon. He was fine with brown) he seems to be a very clear cut emotionless villain.
Brown hair? He never had brown hair?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Brown hair? He never had brown hair?

In some artwork and status icons his hair looks more brownish though, like here:

MarluxiaDaysFace.png

It's definitely not the bright pink we see in Re: CoM.

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Yeah, I wouldn't describe it as brown. I mean, it wasn't as soft a pink as it is in the games proceeding the original CoM, but it was always a reddish color. I think they lightened it up in later renders just to make it pop a bit more; keeping it in line with the game's usual vibrancy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well, since they remade his model in 3D and used it in KH II, Re:CoM and Days HD, I will take the canon as pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back