• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marluxia was originally a girl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Marluxia was originally a girl.

I think Axel would've been pretty okay as a female too. "Got it memorized?" with a wink added would be pretty stellar as a female, especially with Axel's personality.

The only reason I would not have wanted Axel as a girl is because you imagine how many shippers would have tried to force Roxel down our throats? To many if you ask me <_<

Given that, I would also have liked to see Lexaeus as a girl BUT I am not so much a fan of Tifa because Tifa, while strong, has a very thin build like Larxene. I'd prefer if SE tried to make an actual buff girl, I'm not talking extremely ripped, but something more along the lines of Wonder Woman's frame. She is a girl who is very powerful and has the build to support it. I always thought Tifa's ridiculous strength was weird considering someone of her frame would never be able to pull off those feats.

Well, since they remade his model in 3D and used it in KH II, Re:CoM and Days HD, I will take the canon as pink.

I think those images that were dark pink were just lighting issues and I'm sure pink is canon. I mean, unless I'm really REALLY colorblind, his hair has only been pink in models of him in-game.

Jotari

Awards

His appearance in the opening of Kingdom Hearts II definitely has a different colour hair to his later appearances. It wasn't just the Gameboy Advance's graphics they made the conscious decision to change his hair (which I find disappointing, nothing against Pink or anything I just think he looked a lot more bad ass with his original colour)..

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Which conflicts to his model in Kingdom Hearts II. You unlock his journal entry about halfway through and his hair is pink irrc.

sophia

Oh my.. I never knew this LOL. But i think i prefer Marluxia is better as a boy. And I just thought of Saix as girl...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Let's not start anything between shippers and non-shippers xD

Gram

Banned
Awards

Oh my.. I never knew this LOL. But i think i prefer Marluxia is better as a boy. And I just thought of Saix as girl...

And now so did I...and it burnnssssss D'x<

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Now I can't unsee saix in a bikini............

I think after getting used to it, Marluxia's hair is actually better as pink. It matches the color of his scythe and the flower petals he summons, which are supposed to symbolize death in Japanese culture. Put an Org. cloak on him and he sort of comes off as a japanese grim reaper.

kupo1121

Awards

Maybe off-topic, but I much prefer Marluxia's hair as pink. Perhaps I'm used to the zany anime hair colors at this point, but clearly the Org. has varying levels of hair color, and pink is a great fit in the mix, not to mention, as you said, it goes well with his petals.

Gram

Banned
Awards

^ It may be because I've become used to it but I agree as well. It's hard to even imagine him with any other kind of hair color.

kupo1121

Awards

^ It may be because I've become used to it but I agree as well. It's hard to even imagine him with any other kind of hair color.

In the image of him in Days on the Character Select screen, his hair looks almost brown and he looks fine too, but I honestly prefer his pink hair.

Gram

Banned
Awards

In the image of him in Days on the Character Select screen, his hair looks almost brown and he looks fine too, but I honestly prefer his pink hair.
lol I never used him but once in the mission mode so I never noticed that. =D

kupo1121

Awards

lol I never used him but once in the mission mode so I never noticed that. =D

It's all right, it isn't that noticeable and if you're so used to him having pink hair, it does look like a really dark pink.

MarluxiaDaysFace.png

Gram

Banned
Awards

It's all right, it isn't that noticeable and if you're so used to him having pink hair, it does look like a really dark pink.

MarluxiaDaysFace.png

Ah I notice it now a little. I comes off as both dark pink and a bit brown depending on how I look at it.

blksabbath74

So apparently Marluxia was originally a girl but they decided to gender swap him since it would look bad for the only girls in an organisation to turn traitor and get killed for it (leaving them with a lone female until Xion appeared which doesn't leave a lot of representation for the females either).

So what do you think of this idea? Would it have been cool if Marluxia remained a girl? Should they have swapped Larxene's gender instead? Would it have been better if they were both girls? Or do you prefer the way everything turned out?

Also hi, this is my first post on this site.

You mean Marluxia was a man? But he's so pretty!!!

:tongue:

RoXi

Since I thought Marluxia was female for a long time i don't think it would have made that much of a difference to me hahah But I think it all ended up okay. lol

literally everyone who played the original CoM. I remember the day my friend told me Marluxia was a guy, I punched him in the face

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

literally everyone who played the original CoM. I remember the day my friend told me Marluxia was a guy, I punched him in the face
idk i played the original com countless times and never once thought marluxia was a girl

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, I'm with Sign. I play the original CoM frequently and never thought he was anything but a guy. The fact his voice is male when he does his little battle-cries was kind of a big clue. Mainly his body shape. Larxene has a very feminine frame for being a small sprite and Marluxia was all muscle and has a larger frame than Axel who was all hips.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's stereotypical, but likely, a number of people thought that Marluxia is a girl because of the association of the colour pink with females.

In fact, the colour had nothing to do at all with that. Pink is the colour of sakura petals (again, an element present in Marluxia's characterisation), which due to the short time span during which they bloom is, at least in Japan, frequently associated with death. Combined with his weapon, a scythe, the idea behind his colour scheme is to evoke an impression of the harbinger of death, or Grim Reaper in western cultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back