• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mark of Mastery Exam

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

laddyboy12

K who else thinks that Aqua and Terra had it wayyyyyy easier for the MoM Exam?? All they had to do was hit some bubbles and then fight each other (which it seems like they did quite frequently already). Sora and Riku had to freaking go through multiple worlds fighting some of the biggest bosses this series has ever had. If Sora ever found out about that he'd be like, "I'll pop some bubbles if it means becoming a master!"

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The MoM is a formality. If you read the reports you'll find that Eraqus wasn't going to give them the test. Master Xehanort convinced him through manipulation via Terra.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not only that.
What was done in BBS is the traditional exam while the stuff that was done in DDD is something out of the ordinary, as was stated by Yen Sid in the game itself:

Yen Sid said:
You must understand, this examination is in no way how the Mark of Mastery is usually found. However, in light of what they must do next... it was a necessity. If Sora and Riku complete their test, by finding the seven doors corresponding to the seven pure lights, they will return home with a new power. At that point, they will both be true masters. However, the dangers make this more trial than test.

If Sora ever found out about that he'd be like, "I'll pop some bubbles if it means becoming a master!"

Yea and that's what I highly doubt as Sora does not care about becoming a master.
The only reason he even participated in the exam was for Riku's sake.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It helps to understand Sora's and Riku's exam as more of the test and training together, whereas Terra's and Aqua's was just the test.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sora's and Riku's test was supposed to take out four birds with one stone: wake the Sleeping Worlds, get the "wake up sleeping heart power," get some proper training, and get the inconsequential title. Yen Sid probably figured, "Well, we're going to do the first two things already, so why not get the other two things out of the way too?"

Besides, the stakes were much higher, what with a completed Xehanort looming on the horizon.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I found it. The last paragraph of Xehanort's Letter.

"I know this is none of my business, but I have reservations about welcoming Terra as a true Keyblade Master without taking certain precautions. The traditional examination, perhaps, to see if he has the Mark of Mastery? The choice is yours, and I will humbly respect your decision."

Add to the "If I could have my way" quote Eraqus was going to hand both of them the title, but the Old Coot exploited Eraqus' paranoia of the darkness and prepared the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back