• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mark of Mastery Edition: Scanned

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Αzerin;5892578 said:
So, I bought the Mark of Mastery collector's edtion and I do have all 12 art cards. But I have a question regarding them, and I figured that this is a pretty appropriate place to ask.
The art cards are supposed to reflect the history of the Kingdom Hearts series... The set gave a card for everything from the main games, final mixes, even Coded and Mobile.... Why is there no card for Re:Chain of Memories? Does anyone know if there was any specific reason, if this was overlooked, or what? I don't particularly see why the game should be left out. Taking a GBA game and completely redoing it to put it onto the PS2 with great graphics, a 3-dimensional world/appearance, lots of cutscenes and voice acting, and other things that I wouldn't quite know since I've yet to own and play it makes it quite a "re-release" of the KH installment. I think it also deserves some credit since with CoM being a GBA games and both GBA games and systems no longer around, it provides the CoM story and experience to those who maybe no longer have or never had the installment before. I guess I'm just sad with seeing Re:Chain of Memories left out, not get an art card, and not a part of the "reflection of the history of Kingdom Hearts."

There's no card for Re: Chain of Memories because in Japan, Re:CoM was included in the KH2 Final Mix and the art cards reflect the Japanese KH releases.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
There's no card for Re: Chain of Memories because in Japan, Re:CoM was included in the KH2 Final Mix and the art cards reflect the Japanese KH releases.
I see... At least that gives a reason. However, even if the two were released together, it's still a bit funky since Re:CoM is its own individual game and its own installment to the series. |:

Thank you for the reply. ^^

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Αzerin;5892593 said:
I see... At least that gives a reason. However, even if the two were released together, it's still a bit funky since Re:CoM is its own individual game and its own installment to the series. |:

Thank you for the reply. ^^
For North America it is considered that, but for Japan it's merely considered part of KH2:FM.

I'm just as disappointed as you are that the cover art for Re:CoM wasn't included in the MoM though.

Sammi

I just want to reiterate what I said on Tumblr: thank you for scanning the AR cards. :) It made my day when I was able to get the rare Dream Eaters! Hope everyone's enjoying taking care of their own Dream Eaters.

Square2

Awards
Αzerin;5892578 said:
So, I bought the Mark of Mastery collector's edtion and I do have all 12 art cards. But I have a question regarding them, and I figured that this is a pretty appropriate place to ask.
The art cards are supposed to reflect the history of the Kingdom Hearts series... The set gave a card for everything from the main games, final mixes, even Coded and Mobile.... Why is there no card for Re:Chain of Memories? Does anyone know if there was any specific reason, if this was overlooked, or what? I don't particularly see why the game should be left out. Taking a GBA game and completely redoing it to put it onto the PS2 with great graphics, a 3-dimensional world/appearance, lots of cutscenes and voice acting, and other things that I wouldn't quite know since I've yet to own and play it makes it quite a "re-release" of the KH installment. I think it also deserves some credit since with CoM being a GBA games and both GBA games and systems no longer around, it provides the CoM story and experience to those who maybe no longer have or never had the installment before. I guess I'm just sad with seeing Re:Chain of Memories left out, not get an art card, and not a part of the "reflection of the history of Kingdom Hearts."

Again, the art cards only reflect the Japanese releases, but since Re:CoM was released with KH2:FM, you'll notice that there's a hint of the Re:CoM art on the Final Mix cover. You can see a faint image of Sora and Riku towards the top, taken from the Re:CoM box art. So in a way, you kind of get it, but kind of don't..

tumblr_m7jer806Qc1r8l4fko6_1280.png

tumblr_m7jer806Qc1r8l4fko6_1280.png

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
• Go into the Spirits menu
• Make sure your camera viewing option is set to Outer Camera, otherwise it won't work. (Press the X Button in the Spirits menu and select "Camera" to change it.
• Place the AR card in front of your 3DS in a well-lit area (but make sure there's no glare). It should say "AR Card found" and your Dream Eater should appear on the screen for you to keep and nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back