• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mario Kart 8 Delux

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PersonFace

Re: Mario Kart 8

Seriously though, Mr. Scooty is the best vehicle in the entire game. I say that only because of the name.
It's impossible for me to say it without smiling.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Been enjoying MK8 a lot so far, and got through all the 50cc tracks. The rubber band-effect is still the most annoying thing in this game. Three races in a row I got taken out by a red or blue shell right before the finish line and had 1st place stolen from me.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Been enjoying MK8 a lot so far, and got through all the 50cc tracks. The rubber band-effect is still the most annoying thing in this game. Three races in a row I got taken out by a red or blue shell right before the finish line and had 1st place stolen from me.

Yeah, you know it's bad when that's happening in 50cc. >.<

The AI and items (even green shells) are vicious in this game. I can't tell you how many times I have given up an entire race lead in 150cc because I got hit by a shell or lightning bolt right over a pit at the very end of the race. >.>

But... it's Mario Kart, the frustration is part of the fun in the end. =P

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

The game actually feels a lot more balanced than Wii to me. My roommate and I (with other friends occassionally jumping in) just finished gold medaling every Grand Prix on all 4 difficulties, and only on 150cc/Mirror did we really run into rubber banding problems. Even there we did it to CPUs as much as they did it to us.

That said, it took about a day for me to adjust to the drifting mechanics. I was getting crushed on launch day, but I'm pretty much back to playing at my usual MK level now. I love the new tracks, the game is gorgeous, and the composer deserves a raise. The only problem I have is Battle mode sucks.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

mLJUPq4.jpg

I haven't heard of any kind of foul ups. And normally if there were problems the internet would have been all over it complaining. Mario Kart Wii was similar in its online mode quality. I'm hoping really damned hard that Smash Bros. can offer a similar experience.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

toad + standard quad + slim tires

BEST

i'll prob replace them with circuit special and slick tires once i get enough coins on my wiiu user profile (played with my boyfriend's until i made my own)

150cc AI is annoying as balls but the game itself is super fun and great and i love it
(also we get a free copy of monster hunter because of the promo o m g <3)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I'm new at Mario Kart and haven't played much yet (curse you "life"!) But I really like it so far. Too bad I don't have anyone to play it with....

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

(also we get a free copy of monster hunter because of the promo o m g <3)

Yeah I'm mad about that since NA only had four games to choose from. Granted I'm glad I finally got NSMBU but more choice would've been nice.

Anyways been havin' fun. Workin' on 150cc now cause I want dat Gold Standard kart body.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Has anyone found a Kart combination that seems good? I'm currently riding the Mr Scooty with Sponge wheels. I love the handling but I wouldn't mind a little more speed.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

Has anyone found a Kart combination that seems good? I'm currently riding the Mr Scooty with Sponge wheels. I love the handling but I wouldn't mind a little more speed.
I'm using the Sports Bike with the roller wheels ( or whatever the tiny red ones are called) with a medium/large character to get a little speed on top of my crazy acceleration and handling.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

i changed mine from toad to a new setup and suddenly i won everything

rosalina + scooty + slims + whichever of the lighter gliders
grip is not optimal but i love driving like that

i also got my gold kart just a minute ago (<3) and when i was fooling around with customization i noticed that a light heavy character (rosalina, waluigi, dk or roy), gold kart/coupe/circuit special/mach 8 and rollers seems nicely balanced too with a great spike in overall speed

i guess i should start online racing now

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

ysUX1a4.jpg

1dhspyU.jpg

All I need now is to get the rest of the stamps and 10,000 coins total and I'm basically done.

Back