• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Map Card Farming

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenblivion

Did that last RoR take basically ALL of your map cards? Looking for a card that's =4 to open that room with the "Key To Truth"? Then this is the guide for you. ^_^

Note: I will edit this guide as more input is given to me...feel free to leave your own suggestions/strategies here, I will add them as I see them.

Sora:
-Of course the "Random Joker" is the most sought when it comes to map cards. The only problem is, getting it is both rare, and, as its title proclaims, random! The Joker can fill any room requirement (and it will only fill one, for example: if you need a total of 30 red, 20 green, and the Key of Guidance, the Joker will fill either the red OR the green requirement [it cannot replace key cards].). I find that the easiest way to farm it is by using rooms with the 3-star heartless rating, such as Teeming Darkness, in which you can battle many heartless in one room, without wasting other map cards.

-The "Roulette Room" card is very useful with card farming. Most of the battles that you participate in here will yield "Roulette Bonuses," which are similar to premium bonuses for battle cards. You obtain the reward after picking up a small, silver, R card during battle. The last heartless you kill will not yield a Map card, but instead bring up the roulette table. With a good eye, you will be able to spot the card that you need, and will hopefully stop the roulette on that card. I find this as the easiest way to find specific cards, instead of dealing with constant random drops.

-If you're looking to just bring in map cards fast, I highly suggest using the "Bottomless Darkness" map card. Usually, these rooms contain nothing more than a massive amount of Shadows, that you should be able to take out quickly, and with ease. This is especially useful after you have learned "Trinity Limit" in Castle Oblivion, which will allow you to take care of the buggers much faster. The only downside to this strategy is the fact that I have found myself obtaining a few Shadow enemy cards, but that won't happen too much anyway.

-So, you want to rack in experience as well, you say? Regular enemy map card farming requires a bit of strategy, but rewards you with both experience, and the map cards you desire. Use any regular Red map card, and Equip your deck with "wide-damage sleights" (I have my deck separated two ways, wide-spread damage for heartless killing and card farming; and direct damage for boss fights.), such as Cloud's Omnislash, Ragnarok, Sonic Blade, Etc. At the beginning of a battle, just begin unleashing sleights upon the enemy. have a Megalixir ready for longer battles, although using those sleights won't allow them to last too long. Goofy Tornado is also another good option.

Riku:
-Riku's strategy is the same as Sora's, but isn't as important as he doesn't have as many choices in map cards, and does'nt have to deal with the RoR.

I hope this guide has been helpful to you! ^_^ Remember to add your own strategies and comments here. Thanks!

Mike

Zemnas

After making a Roulette Room you should try to get another Roulette Room card from that room before you kill all the heartless there. after all heartless are dead then remake the Roulette room and repeat the process. This way you will never run out of Roulette cards and you can keep farming the cards that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back