• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Management.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Most of us here are practically RPG fans or just gamers. Most of these games are really timing consuming. We have another of our lives whether if its school or work and maybe both. How do you guys find time for the things you love to do especially when it comes to gaming and adjusting to the ethics of life when maturing? Sometimes I'm surprised how some of you guys are really good and storm through these games if you have some type of burden of responsibilities.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
On weekdays I can't, just can't play video games. My weekdays are VERY demanding. I get up at 4am Monday through Thursday to feed my dogs, finish breakfast by 5am, take a bath before 5:30, be ready by 6am to leave to college (there are days I have classes at 7am, others at 8:30am. I arrive at my house between 2 to 3pm, have a snack with some black coffee, rest a bit, somewhere between 4 and 5pm I walk/jog on my neighborhood for an hour, I rest a bit, lift some weight, crunches and stretch and take a bath. I finish exercising and taking a bath between 6 and 7pm. I eat and finish dinner at 8pm, rest a bit and then I study for whatever class I need to. Since I'm free from college Friday through Sunday, I play games during that period for about an hour to three, since I still have chores to do.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I haven't played a video game in about a month. At my apartment I have a TV that's unplugged and my console (PS3) is at my mom's place. So yeah, I don't even play them, at least not right now. I like to keep up on what's hip, however.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This thread speaks to me. I can only play my ps4 when I have free time, when my dad lets me. He gives me an hour every couple of days, most days my cousins drive me to the store to go shopping for my family (7 people is a bit demanding), when they don't I walk down with my sister (straight to the store, straight back), and on a slow day he wants me to watch movies with him and when I want to stop after watching 2 of them to go play my game, he gets mad because I'm not "watching a movie with him".

and to top it off, whenever I get to play for a few hours which is extremely rare, he gets mad, telling me I was on it all day and usually bans me from it.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I am a firm believer that everybody needs downtime to remain productive. No doubt, of course, that it's harder now than when I was 11 years old and playing the original Kingdom Hearts in 2002, but I made it work. Throughout college, I always built a strict two day/week schedule (all 5 classes per semester solely on Tuesdays and Thursdays) while also being lucky enough to have a job where I could create my own work schedule that was the same every week and fit around school (My job was closed on weekends!) Whatever time remained after school, homework, and work was for socializing or leisure (TV or games.)

I'm pretty proud to say that I managed it well and was even able to complete some rather time consuming Platinum trophies during those four years, such as Just Cause 2, The Last Of Us (PS3 and PS4), and all three Uncharted games.

I graduated in May and am now working 9-5 Monday through Friday and even though I was a little slow making progress in KH 2.5 due to other things taking up my time outside of work this winter, I'm happy that I still have a relatively structured schedule for games going forward.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I have been free for the past several years due to some tough situations in my household and globally. I was fortunate that I was able to do what I love the most and that's video gaming. I actually started working and feels great at the time same. Really hoping I can keep with most of these games that I'll be able to enjoy. And once I start school, that's definitely going to be a different story but I'm hoping I can stay in touch.

noxy

I.... Am in a unique situation. And I kind of always have been. It's a really long story.

But I'm a Housewife/Stay At Home Mom. I don't work. And while my child doesn't live with me right now, I still spend a lot of time training our boxer puppy and being with her and taking care of our home we live in. I actually have a ton of time to sit around and game in spite of all of that. The most time consuming bit of my day is cooking dinner and packing his lunches for work- I just tend to take my time with it because it's relaxing and I just love being in the kitchen in general.

And even when my daughter is here, I can still game.. She absolutely -loves- Final Fantasy and that's mostly what I play. She's old enough to be able to do some stuff in any of the installments.

>.> I'm really sorry if that sounded like... I was rubbing it in anyone's face.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I actually find little to no time for video games most weeks. 8D I have a severe lack of free down time due to having two jobs, a relationship and trying to maintain my social life on the rare days I have off. Even when I sometimes do have the time, I'm too mentally burned out from work.

But I have become especially fond of shorter games since I can usually find time for those and actually beat them. The longer ones I have a bad habit now of starting and then never being able to play and just losing my motivation entirely.

Jirachi

me? i barely have time myself to play games at all anymore with all these classes and outside school activities, but either way, i just keep games and rpgs in the back of my head.

you know, just as little things to get me through X homework and Y job stuff.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Just played kh 2.5 for an allotted two hours the first time in over a week. after a tearful goodbye, I yearn for our next reunion.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I live in my mother's basement, no job or school. She cleans out and changes my piss jugs and #2 buckets weekly so it's like a 7 days a week thing where I'm gaming my heart out. I wish I was lying. I have nothing but time.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Ehhh...I lived in that situation for almost 6 years. Just not the dirty stuff. Graduating from High School while the exact moment is when the Economy collapsed. Family situations got in the way. Even when applying for jobs it wasn't easy. I did had the joy of playing games basically almost everyday but none to my interests. And I'm saying its not good thing. Hope things kind of worked out a different way but you truly got appreciate every moment and that's when you realize about having respect in general. Started working recently, I do miss doing several things and as for me I did enjoyed helping out my mother. I used to be on this board and many others 24/7. It's a long story. Sometimes I get incredulous how some of you guys are able to game and complete things.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I live in my mother's basement, no job or school. She cleans out and changes my piss jugs and #2 buckets weekly so it's like a 7 days a week thing where I'm gaming my heart out. I wish I was lying. I have nothing but time.

When is the onion gonna hire you breh

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
My whole life, I've felt like a slave to time. Sometimes time just slips by so fast that it's frightening. I believe time is an illusion.

But anyway, I really don't play games that often at all. I sometimes go several weeks without having a good gaming session. And now since my PS3 stopped playing discs, I'm much more limited in the amount of games I can play. When I'm not working or hanging out with friends, lately I try to focus on watching anime just because I'm trying to clear up my anime backlog. When I'm satisfied with that, I'll probably pick up on the gaming again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I rarely play games, and all of my systems are connected to the living room TV so I am also subject to my mom's television schedule.

If nothing is on my mom wants to watch and I don't have a mountain of work to finish for class, I will maybe squeeze in an hour or two of gaming. Friday after work in the evening (and by this time I am dead tired) and saturday mornings are my only true free time to play anything.

If you think we are all playing through games, we really aren't. It's really hard balancing friendships, work, school work, and other life responsibilities with gaming. I use gaming as a way to relax after a busy week, though. If I'm not in the mood to game, I'll read something.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I'm afraid once I move back home (temporarily anyway) to look for a second job (part time officer in the military doesn't pay all that well) I may get sucked into Mass Effect again (despite how many damn time's I've played it). I am done living where I am now and I don't think I want my second job where I say at now; besides, rent is too much (I live alone), and I refuse to live with roommates. As I look for my second job I will probably split my time with night life and playing games again. But like I've said before, I haven't played them in like over a month now (considering they're at my mom's place atm).

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I rarely play games, and all of my systems are connected to the living room TV so I am also subject to my mom's television schedule.

If nothing is on my mom wants to watch and I don't have a mountain of work to finish for class, I will maybe squeeze in an hour or two of gaming. Friday after work in the evening (and by this time I am dead tired) and saturday mornings are my only true free time to play anything.

If you think we are all playing through games, we really aren't. It's really hard balancing friendships, work, school work, and other life responsibilities with gaming. I use gaming as a way to relax after a busy week, though. If I'm not in the mood to game, I'll read something.

Don't keep that many connected. All of those cables running down the floor looks really freakish. And no, I'm just surprised how a few people could go through an engagement like that with gaming despite their busy life schedule. I wouldn't go that extreme and I just stick to what I enjoy the most than squandering a fortune. You got to take some of those consoles to your room. And try not to stress too much with that psychology major; you'll get there. :biggrin:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lately, I've barely had time to play any video games that weren't multiplayer with my friends or handhelds, but even then, lately I just play the street pass games and shut my DS. I started Last of Us on my friend's PS4 but I'm prolly not going back to it any time soon. I'll start a long game, but then get distracted with more productive things. It's also a matter of where my PS3 is currently, my TV being borrowed... whole mess. Really don't like it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I just don't.

Every so often when I'm catching up with something else, I'll see my DS from the corner of my eye and just think...I'll finish you someday Persona Q. I might put a hour into it one week, but then not pick it up for another month.

I've got work with ridiculous hours and social life to maintain. In the end my spare time gets spent watching shows I need to catch up on, writing (which takes up hella load of my time) or reading.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Well, not to be too immerse in gaming. With work, school and probably home chores. How often do any of you end up losing contact with your social life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back