• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mana / Seiken Densetsu Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
4jkvog.png

Final Fantasy Adventure is an action RPG and was originally released back in 1991. It was remade as Adventures of Mana in Japan earlier this year and due to fan demand and also to kick off the 25th anniversary celebrations of the Mana series, we are bringing the PS Vita version of Adventures of Mana to the West!

The Vita version of Adventures of Mana features enhanced 3D visuals (the original was in 2D), revamped menus and a rearranged soundtrack from the game’s original composer. The background music from the original version is also available in the game so if you want to go old school with the music, you totally can!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/06/28/adventures-of-mana-arrives-on-ps-vita-today/

blnbk.png

Enshrined atop Mt. Illusia, high above the lofty clouds, stands the Tree of Mana. Drawing its life energy from the boundless celestial aether, the sentinel grows in silence. Legend holds that he who lays his hands upon its trunk will be granted power eternal ― a power the Dark Lord of Glaive now seeks to further fuel his bloody quest for domination.

Our unlikely hero is one of countless gladiators indentured to the Duchy of Glaive. Each day, he and his ill-fated companions are dragged from their cells and bade to fight exotic beasts for the amusement of the Dark Lord. If victorious, they are thrown back into the dungeons with just enough bread to tide them over until their next match. But a body can only take so much, and it is never long before the weary captives succumb to their cruel fates.

Adventures of Mana | SQUARE ENIX

jskjr4.png

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh riiight I already completely forgot about that again.
Sadly tho, I don't have a PSV.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Today also marks the 25th anniversary of the original release on Game Boy in Japan! I really hope people buy it, despite the lack of effort put into promoting it! I'd love to get SaGa 2, Star Ocean 2 and that offline version of FFXI that's supposedly in the making for Japanese mobiles and Vita.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Adventure of Mana is just another testament to the fact that SquareEnix has run this series completely into the ground.

You'll have to search far and wide to find a game as boring as Rise of Mana, not that I really cared in the end, the story was a complete clusterdiddly too. If that wasn't enough they used the same NDS graphics for a remake of the first game (it's the third remake nonetheless) and it's like I'm in the 90ies again, just with less charm and even less intensive to present such a gameplay.

There is even an interview with Masaru Oyamada where he talks about bringing the other games back as remakes too, God have mercy on our souls.

Why they don't sit back and look at Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 and even Legend of Mana to see what made them so great is beyond me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven't tried it yet so I can't speak to the quality of it, but I do wish SE would just port the originals and release them. I'd rather revisit those than remakes and sequels developed for mobile play.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I wish there'd be more physical retro collections released in general.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I was wondering why I didn't see this in the FF sub-forum. I'm so used to seeing this series associated with it interchangeably.

I absolutely LOVE the look of this game, and I'm going to give it a shot as my entry into the Mana series.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The last Mana game I played was Children of Mana, and this just caught my attention and looks up my alley.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm torn whether to prioritise this game or something else at the moment. It'll take ages before this drops in price, if it ever does, and I also want to show my support in hopes of getting SaGa 2 released on Vita in the west as well. But on the other hand, so many things on sale that I wanna grab atm.

Did anyone here buy it yet? What do you think of it?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Finally got around to playing it! I'm almost halfway through the game and I'm really enjoying myself. It also makes me want a similar Vita remake of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Let's hope so. And port it to other formats as well while they're at it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It would seem that both Lost Sphear and the Secret of Mana 3D remake for the PS4 are getting retail releases in Europe next year. Seems like Koch Media is about to announce this in the near future. I really hope it's true! Day one for both if true.

Veevee

Awards
I recently played Adventures of Mana and got myself the platinum. It was a chore, to be honest, this might have been good back when it released but definitely doesn't hold its ground anymore. The game is incredibly easy, story as plain as it can get (couldn't care less about the characters) and in the end, I was glad it was over. The world design was pretty though. I HATED that they didn't manage to make the enemies load when you enter the map, I mean, its visuals were not so stunning that it couldn't have been avoided that the enemies spawned IN ME frequently. I played Sword of Mana, but never Secret of Mana so I hope that one will be better. Read the Legend of Mana manga whose story was promising but the artwork was rather shoddy and every good moment ruined by that atrocious main character.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Secret of Mana Remake is getting the physical treatment.

secretofmanaps4box.jpg

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's already been soft confirmed for a retail release here in Europe for over a month now. Amazon France listed it, complete with box art but it's since been available for pre-order pretty much everywhere. I guess a proper announcement hasn't happened yet to maximise sales in NA and not have lots of people import it from Europe instead, where it won't be a GameStop exclusive (so glad we don't have that kind of retailer exclusivity bs here).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh boy, I really want the physical version. I also want the preorder stuff, tho. Hope that gets it, too.

Back