• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Man Murders Spouse over Gaming Addiction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusCoreHacker

switched/dailytech said:
f domestic bliss is your goal, here is a bit of advice; do not put your big plasma TV and your PlayStation 3 in the bedroom. Oh, and certainly don't make your partner sleep on the couch so you can stay up all night playing 'Grand Theft Auto.'

Carol Cannom, 46, of Lincolnshire, England, purchased 'GTA' for her 10-year-old son (we're questioning the intelligence of that decision, too), but soon became addicted to the game, herself. She would often play until five or six in the morning while she forced her partner and the father of her child, 62-year-old Malcolm Palmer, to sleep on their couch.

Palmer eventually became convinced that Cannom was having an affair and went into a "violent rage." Palmer stabbed Cannom with a pair of kitchen knives, leaving 20 puncture wounds in her chest and ultimately killing her.

Palmer's son called the police during the melee, after which Palmer reportedly took the phone and said into the receiver: "I'm sorry. I think I've killed her."

Let this be a lesson to those who think that their video game addictions aren't dangerous. [From: DailyTech]

DailyTech - Man Kills Woman for Playing Grand Theft Auto Too Much

dailytech said:
Video games are a great form of escapism for many people around the world. Video games have become much more of a mainstream, family-oriented hobby in recent years with the advent of game systems like the Nintendo Wii that are designed for family fun.

However, video games often are blamed for the woes of society and have been pegged as the reason for violence and murder by some. A 62-year-old man named Malcolm Palmer from the UK has admitted to stabbing his partner to death after she reportedly became addicted to the Grand Theft Auto video game and kicked Palmer out of their bedroom.

Telegraph.uk reports that Palmer was forced to sleep on the couch so that his partner, Carol Cannom, could stay up all night playing the PlayStation console on a 37-inch plasma TV in the bedroom. According to reports, the couple had been together for 30 years and had three children together.

The PlayStation console was purchase for their 10-year-old son according to Palmer. The boy would play the console until midnight when Cannom would take over, often playing until five or six in the morning according to Palmer.

John Pini QC for the prosecution said, "Carol quickly became hooked. He [Palmer] was very unhappy about the amount of time she was playing on the PlayStation."

Palmer says that he had become convinced she was having an affair and went into a violent rage. During his violent rage, Palmer attacked the woman with two kitchen knives and inflicted 20 separate wounds to her upper chest, killing her. The murder was reportedly heard by the couple’s son who dialed police. Palmer reportedly took the phone from his son and told police, "I'm sorry. I think I've killed her."

Defense lawyer Timothy Spencer QC told the court, "The genesis of this tragedy bizarrely lies with the purchase of the PlayStation."

A teen in the U.S. was accused of killing his parents after they took away his Halo 3 game in December of 2008.

Long Story Short
-Women Buys Son GTA

-Women Gets Addicted

-Forces Son/husband to sleep on couch while she stays up to play GTA

-Husband thinks she's having an affair

-Husband kills wife

I know, It makes no sense.

very differentiable
Awards
Re: Man Murders Son's Mother Over Gaming Addiction

Damn, killed over a game, that really is fucked up.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I fail to see how him killing her was video games' fault. She had an unhealthy addiction, yes, but that's one issue.
The main issue here is that the guy she was with was a psycho and a time bomb waiting to go off.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

Damn, killed over a game, that really is fucked up.

this isn't the first time someone was killed over a game, or a game system for that matter.
This is a different story though. The man thought his wife was cheating. That's the stupidest excuse i've
ever heard

very differentiable
Awards

He just made it up, she was almost every free minute she had busy with the game. It's just really fucked up that you flip out about a game which ends in murder.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Though the woman clearly had some issues in terms of her addiction to the game, I'm going to have to concur with the majority; it was the man's fault.
The woman had no right to dictate other's lives to conform to her own addiction, yet neither should the man have jumped to the conclusion that she was cheating. And even if she was, that wasn't reason enough to kill somebody in my opinion.

Just another messed up relationship; the world keeps turning.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards

how did he just assume his wife was cheating, when she just stays at home playing GTA all day long?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

how did he just assume his wife was cheating, when she just stays at home playing GTA all day long?

I suppose it was the fact that she repeatedly kicked him out of their bedroom for reasons that she didn't divulge.
And there is little doubt in my mind that this fellow was suffering from some sort of mental disease.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

If you were married and your wife told you to not sleep in the bedroom on a repeated basis. Dont you think playing video games might be a cover for having an affair?

I would probably be suspicious too. but it is the mans fault for stabbing her. Regardless of what she did it was no provocation. the man got EXTREMELY jealous, and went to an extreme to resolve the problem.

This in no way is a result of the game. its a result of a bad marriage to a bad husband and father.

If it wasn't the video game he probably suspected some other reasons and may have still ended up stabbing her in the long run

Shade737

Silver Member

Still a pain that she died though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

. . . why do people think humans are generally good again?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

Wow that is harsh.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

That guy took GTA wayyy to seriously..

Actually, it was due to the fact that he didn't realize his girlfriend was merely playing Grand Theft Auto that elicited his violent behavior.
Or were you referring to the woman, and happened to type "guy" by accident.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

‡ƵionΡhnӾ‡;3820737 said:
you should probably think twice before stabbing someone
What are you talking about? I'm not from fucking London that was some other dumbfuck murder named Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back