• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Man at Arms-Oathkeeper

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They don't make it a habit to make blunt object weapons. They will make anything as long as it has a sharp edge to it.

So something like Sephiroth's Masamune (although there could be problems due to length, not even real Nodachis are that long) or Auron's sword would be more on their turf?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So something like Sephiroth's Masamune (although there could be problems due to length, not even real Nodachis are that long) or Auron's sword would be more on their turf?

Well, the original Man At Arms made the sword. I don't imagine Reforged would have much difficulty.

[video=youtube;-ySQratOnwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ySQratOnwk[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Holey Moley, they already did both. o_0
Heheh, 7'2" long...that's if I calculate right more than 2 meters.
There's no way a weapon like that could be used effectively in a real combat situation...but it looks totally awesome and would surely make a nice decoration on the wall...if the wall is long enough to hold it...;P

Auron's sword is also an 1a Replica...these guys really know their stuff.
If they would sell all those either to Square or a Museum they would probably make quite some money.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Holey Moley, they already did both. o_0
Heheh, 7'2" long...that's if I calculate right more than 2 meters.
There's no way a weapon like that could be used effectively in a real combat situation...but it looks totally awesome and would surely make a nice decoration on the wall...if the wall is long enough to hold it...;P

Auron's sword is also an 1a Replica...these guys really know their stuff.
If they would sell all those either to Square or a Museum they would probably make quite some money.
while if you and a friend are mugged u have an 8 foot advantage :)

yeah what do they do with the weapons when they're done anyway? keep them in a vault?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
while if you and a friend are mugged u have an 8 foot advantage :)

yeah what do they do with the weapons when they're done anyway? keep them in a vault?

Not if the mugger comes equipped with a gun.
Then it's the classical "don't bring a blade to a gun fight"-scenario, even when said blade is 7'2" long.

That being said, Sephiroth himself is shown to sometimes carry the thing on his back and sometimes just teleporting it to his hand.
The real thing though, if you had a scabbard for it, how would you draw a blade this long?
By the time you get it fully drawn out, you're probably already dead, *ggg*...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not if the mugger comes equipped with a gun.
Then it's the classical "don't bring a blade to a gun fight"-scenario, even when said blade is 7'2" long.

That being said, Sephiroth himself is shown to sometimes carry the thing on his back and sometimes just teleporting it to his hand.
The real thing though, if you had a scabbard for it, how would you draw a blade this long?
By the time you get it fully drawn out, you're probably already dead, *ggg*...
if who you were battling were honorable they would get tired and bored by the time it's drawn and you have an advantage. or they leave.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
if who you were battling were honorable they would get tired and bored by the time it's drawn and you have an advantage. or they leave.

This would be hilarious!

Mugger: Hey you, yeah you mate!
Mate: What, me?
Mugger: Yeah you, I am gonna rob you!
Mate: Waaiiit!
Mugger: What the...
Mate: I have a weapon!
Mugger:...
Mate: *starts take out the Masamune
15 minutes later..
Mugger: ... Oh screw this, I´m out.
Badass Mate: Ha haa, I am ready to fight and badass now!
Badass Mate: Uhh, hello..?
Badass Mate: Anybody here?

Back to discussion. A friend of mine was once considering to buy a Buster Sword replica, but the price was too high, and he did not have any place to put it.
Now they only need to make Oblivion, so people can get their ass kicked by the Key of Destiny outside of KH2FM. :D

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
They don't make it a habit to make blunt object weapons. They will make anything as long as it has a sharp edge to it.
The original Man At Arms guys even gave the Kingdom Key a sharp edge, even though it's not supposed to...

Anyway, I love what Reforged did with the Oathkeeper, and I always love seeing the process that goes into these things. If they do something from Kingdom hearts again (which I'm sure they will considering how many in designs in Keyblades alone there are) I hope it's the Oblivion next.

Rael_Oblivion

Awesome! Thanks for posting this, Swoosh! I liked the way they added blue and yellow-tinged areas where Oathkeeper actually has blue and yellow. If they do Oblivion next (which I'd want more than Oathkeeper), do you think they'd add an actual chain to the blade or just make an etching of some kind, not the mention the gem? Food for thought.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm really curious to see how fenrir would come out. the x-blade and MX's keyblade also. just imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back