• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I actually liked Maleficent, but I don't really see what the point of this film would be? (Unless they somehow merged this with that Prince Phillip film I think was a thing for awhile?) I mean, what would even be the story? I could actually get behind an Aurora solo/centric film though, since in every adaptation she's the most bland/smallest main role compared to everyone else (though Maleficent actually did a kind of nice job developing her).

I love villain Maleficent but I always knew this film wasn't going to be villain Maleficent since they confirmed since it was announced it was more like Wicked than anything else. I just don't see what they could do with a sequel. Maybe fix how they portrayed the fairies?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
god DAMN IT CHASER

i just finished watching both tron movies and this was a kick in the gut.
why the fuck would i post tron news in the maleficent thread jesus fucking christ get a grip

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I actually liked Maleficent, but I don't really see what the point of this film would be? (Unless they somehow merged this with that Prince Phillip film I think was a thing for awhile?) I mean, what would even be the story?
I liked Maleficent, too. I mean, I wouldn’t go as far to say it was a “good” movie—I’ve always found Disney live-action to generally be trash, and that was before these fairytale films began for the record—but I did enjoy it, particularly Angelina Jolie and the fairies. My only thought is, like you, what they could possibly do after the first film? Of course, the sequels to Alice in Wonderland and Snow White and the Huntsman (not Disney, but you get my point) show it’s possible to continue.

Do people expect Disney not to make these movies if they make hundreds of millions and in some cases a billion dollars? It's more funny to me because the Tron sequel really isn't that different than any of these. Like Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, and now these live-action re-makes, Tron is just something else they found looking through their history they thought they could use for a film or resurrect in a new way to see if it would make money.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The first one was watchable, but I don't know that it was much more. I didn't have any particular issue with the acting or anything, as that wasn't too bad, but man, the writing and just how unnecessary this movie was really ruined it. I'm sure it's for the money, but I don't understand why else we're getting a sequel. I've yet to meet a person who actually wants one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
why the fuck would i post tron news in the maleficent thread jesus fucking christ get a grip

lol woah you need to chill my mans, i only meant that maleficent is getting a sequel but tron isn't. i didn't think you were posting tron news here.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Honestly it's kinda funny-sad how many of us were thinking about Tron 3 when we read this; I know I was.

Lonbilly

Awards
frozen1.gif

In all seriousness though, I will never let Tr3n go just because I desperately want it and need it and the story is still left open for a proper continuation/conclusion.

That being said, it really deserved another film and called for it much more than Maleficent. Honestly, I just really hope the sequel only has Male as a cameo/supporting role and gives the spotlight to Aurora, since she's a character Disney could benefit from doing a lot more with in their properties.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I thought Maleficent wasn't that bad, just really stupid, Angelia's performance was what saved it for me in the end. It had more soul than Tron Legacy which preferred style over everything else, that's why I still like the first film better.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tr2n had the worst writers, y'all really want the OUaT people back to ruin the Tron franchise even further? They're worse than Linda.

Lonbilly

Awards
I've always advocated for them to be removed for Tr3n lol. It's not like it would be the first time Disney had a different team of writers for a Tron property. Plus I'm one of the few who didn't really like Uprising because of how it just retconned Rinzler's development.

That being stated, looking at Linda's works, she easily seems like a more talented writer than them. But I had more fun watching Legacy than Maleficent, though I actually liked Maleficent's development, her relationship with Aurora, and crowguy.

I think what bothers everyone (or me) the most is that Maleficent was a self contained story and Tr2n was left clearly open ended.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Tr2n had the worst writers, y'all really want the OUaT people back to ruin the Tron franchise even further? They're worse than Linda.

i'd like better writers for TR3N, but legacy was a fun movie. i watched the two trons back to back and i felt that legacy was a worthy successor. also considering the writers have their hands full with once upon a shit and the ending was left open (CILLIAN MURPHY DAMN IT), they could do something awesome.

or they could at least do an uprising spin-off film. to be honest, i think tron's strongest feature is it's aesthetic and lore.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
i'd like better writers for TR3N, but legacy was a fun movie. i watched the two trons back to back and i felt that legacy was a worthy successor. also considering the writers have their hands full with once upon a shit and the ending was left open (CILLIAN MURPHY DAMN IT), they could do something awesome.

or they could at least do an uprising spin-off film. to be honest, i think tron's strongest feature is it's aesthetic and lore.

It's absolutely illegal what they did in wasting an un-credited cameo from that man. Such shame.

Back