• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent and the Book of Prophecies Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
(I'm not sure where to put stuff like this anymore?)

So, a while ago my friend and I were trying to figure out how it was possible for someone like Maleficent to get into the Book of Prophesies. Firstly, she had to find it. Secondly, she would totally need a computer... right?

We concluded maybe not.

Now, first thing’s first. Maleficent acquiring the Book of Prophecies. At first, I felt like this was kind of a silly plot point because why would Maleficent be able to find such a legendary thing, but people like Xehanort wouldn’t? I’m sure he told her about it and everything, but how in the world would someone like Maleficent find it? Then I remembered...

There is more than one “book of prophecy”.

The master gave 5 of the foretellers their own book of prophecy. Theoretically, there should be 5 said books still in existence. Is it really that odd for Maleficent, one of the main villains of the series, to have found at least one?
Now comes the second point.

The dandelions are in a state of sleep, locked inside of the world inside of the book.

You might be thinking, “That’s just silly!” but we already have a few examples of worlds inside of books, as well as worlds that are only data. 100 Acre Wood is a world self contained inside of a book that Sora can enter and exit as he pleases. Space Paranoids and The Grid are both worlds composed entirely of data that can be edited and changed from the outside and exited/entered as one pleases. Jiminy’s Journal is very similar to Space Paranoids too. That brings me to my 3rd point:

The book of prophesies is similar or identical to a world like 100 Acre Wood and can be connected like Space Paranoids & The Grid

So, not only is the Book of Prophecies a self contained world within a book (most likely Ava’s book), but it’s also possible that the books are connected to each other just like the Space Paranoids and The Grid.

Spoilers for DDD, but in The Grid, Tron didn’t remember Sora until the very last moment despite The Grid only being a copy of Space Paranoids, meaning technically Sora has never met Tron from The Grid. Tron reacted to Sora’s desperate attempts to reach him and probably would have succeeded had they not been separated. That saidddd:

The 5 books are probably connected

One book allows you access to all the books. If Ava’s book contains the sleeping dandelions (if that part of the theory is true), it’s possible that the other 4 books also have access to the world where the dandelions sleep.

In that case, Maleficent having one of the books isn’t actually plot breaking. In fact, if this theory is true, it’d make a lot of sense for her to get her hands on one of the books and use it to get inside. Following me so far?

Now that we have those ideas out of the way, I will now theorize HOW Maleficent got into the book

Can Maleficent use a computer?

Pfft, heck no. She calls the datascape “date escape” for goodness sakes. Who are you dating Maleficent and why are you escaping?

I highly doubt she managed to not only get a device like Chip and Dale’s that can simulate a world and allow her to enter. But if I recall correctly, when Pete was accidentally pulled into the journal, Maleficent entered via magic, meaning:

Maleficent entered the Book of Prophecies with magic, not technology

We’ve seen various ways to enter these types of worlds, not only via technology.

+ Sora enters 100 Acre Wood by staring at its pop up pages
+ Sora enters Space Paranoids by getting zapped by a laser and transferred
+ Mickey and crew enter the journal via a flash of light (if I remember right)
+ Sora and Riku enter The Grid by diving into a dream...?

Is it that strange that Maleficent managed to enter such a world with her all powerful magic? I mean, it’s not really all powerful, but she is the Mistress of Evil, such a thing shouldn’t be very difficult.

Last edited:

Luxu

Awards
As much as I like this theory, the Book only had events leading to the Keyblade War so projecting it is useless. Unless she is trying to get the X-Blade, or pull more heartless

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
As much as I like this theory, the Book only had events leading to the Keyblade War so projecting it is useless. Unless she is trying to get the X-Blade, or pull more heartless

The Book of Prophecies is responsible for the Disney worlds and medals/cards in X, don't presume to know what it consists of and what it's capable of.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
The MoM made 5 copies of his BoP if I remember correctly, so actually there are 6 copies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The MoM made 5 copies of his BoP if I remember correctly, so actually there are 6 copies.

^^^ I always got confused by this. He either made five books, or he copies his own tome into five copies. And if they're copies, it's possible they aren't as foretelling as the original, or maybe he purposely foretold events until a certain date and time in order to see the aftermath of the war.

---

But I digress. But at this theory, I really like what you're suggesting: Maleficent acquired a Tome and entered it through the use of magic. But the question is: where did she get it? During KHII, she was hiding in Radiant Garden's old castle. Did Ansem originally have it?

Sorakh212

Awards
It's certainly something I've thought about. We know there are multiple books or tomes out there so it's not all that surprising to think that Maleficent somehow managed to get her hands on one. She may not be tech savvy but magic definitely would explain how and why she can enter both the datascape and one of these books/tomes if she so desired. It's interesting to see how magic and technology both collide and supplement one another in weird ways.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Well, it could be that the Books of Prophecies are all different. It's more likely that they're all copies of the same book, but who knows. They could have different properties. Or maybe the original one has something that the copies don't, and functions differently.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Come to think about it, the copies of the Tome of Prophecies may be in ownership of the following characters...

• Master Xehanort
• Yen Sid
• Maleficent
• Ansem, the Wise
• Mickey Mouse

Thing is, Maleficent's experience in Re: Coded may have taught her the ability to actually dive into a Tome of Prophecy unlike the other characters that have hypothetical ownership of their copies. In Dream Drop Distance, Maleficent may have wanted to hunt for Mickey's copy, and failing that, somehow found another Tome of Prophecy and dived into the world of that Tome of Prophecy.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Could you explain why you think so? You always just say stuff without explaining why.

You say: "I think this and that"
Instead of: I think this and that, because [...]"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Could you explain why you think so? You always just say stuff without explaining why.

You say: "I think this and that"
Instead of: I think this and that, because [...]"

I like to have other people make their own interpretations and conclusions out of it. It helps with the theorising. That's not to say I can't elaborate, I just didn't feel as though my particular point needed elaboration.

But if you want explanations, then I got no problem of doing so. So with regards as to why I selected those characters, they're all the most knowledgeable figures in the Kingdom Hearts Universe regarding the Kingdom Hearts lore. Surely, a lot of their knowledge was contained from the Book of Prophecies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I like to have other people make their own interpretations and conclusions out of it. It helps with the theorising. That's not to say I can't elaborate, I just didn't feel as though my particular point needed elaboration.

But if you want explanations, then I got no problem of doing so. So with regards as to why I selected those characters, they're all the most knowledgeable figures in the Kingdom Hearts Universe regarding the Kingdom Hearts lore. Surely, a lot of their knowledge was contained from the Book of Prophecies.

Hm, I think it's very possible that Mickey got at least part of his information from Yen Sid, his master, so he doesn't really need to have one. Same goes for Ansem/Xehanort, they had a master/apprentice thing going on, so I'm sure they learned a lot from each other. I mean, anything is possible and we still know very little, but if there's 5 of them, wouldn't Luxu maybe have one? He seems to know quite a lot about what's going on.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
But I digress. But at this theory, I really like what you're suggesting: Maleficent acquired a Tome and entered it through the use of magic. But the question is: where did she get it? During KHII, she was hiding in Radiant Garden's old castle. Did Ansem originally have it?
Looking at the scenes where Maleficent talks about the BoP, it seems like she hasn't located it yet. Even though she conquered Hollow Bastion before KH1, and that would be the time she would have found the BoP. After KH1 she was driven out. Sure, she came back in KH2, but I think Aerith and Belle secured the library so she wouldn't find it there.
Come to think about it, the copies of the Tome of Prophecies may be in ownership of the following characters...

• Master Xehanort
• Yen Sid
• Maleficent
• Ansem, the Wise
• Mickey Mouse

Thing is, Maleficent's experience in Re: Coded may have taught her the ability to actually dive into a Tome of Prophecy unlike the other characters that have hypothetical ownership of their copies. In Dream Drop Distance, Maleficent may have wanted to hunt for Mickey's copy, and failing that, somehow found another Tome of Prophecy and dived into the world of that Tome of Prophecy.
I think:
- 1 with Xeharnort, this one is kinda obvious. If he really does have a connection to Luxu or MoM I think they would have showed him a BoP. Or he would have found a copy himself. I mean, he is one of the most powerful characters in the universe, of course he has one.
- 1 with Maleficent, she has been actively searching for the BoP. And I personally think she used the BoP to enter the Ux realm, so this one is obvious too.
- 1 with Yen Sid, he is also a very powerful character in the universe and just as knowledgeable as Xehanort. If anyone would have a copy, it would be him.
- 1 on the LoD, someone else actually came up with this. But LoD already stored the Keyblade of Luxu, what other relics would it store? In the secret KH3 trailer Sora was in a white room with a chess board. Wich could have been the chess board where Eraqus and Xehanort were playing a game at in the other KH3 trailer. Maybe he was in the LoD (where else would Eraqus and Xehanort be training) to find a BoP copy.
- 1 with Luxu/MoM, if they still exist in some way, it would be logical they would have kept a copy for themself.
- 1 with Kairi's Grandma, it explains how she knows about the Ancient Keyblade war. Maybe she doesn't even know she holds a BoP, but she has to know the story from somewhere.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Another thing I forgot to mention that could allude to other characters also somehow getting inside?

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the Chipmunks appearance. Originally I though, "Oh, they've just been conjured up by the books." But is that really true at this point?

Is it possible that Donald and Goofy actually ended up there at some point and Mickey and crew later? It couldn't have been an accident either. Wasn't Invi watching Mickey from a rooftop?

Not to say this is directly related to my theory, just that... maybe Maleficent isn't the first one to get in from the outside world.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Another thing I forgot to mention that could allude to other characters also somehow getting inside?

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and the Chipmunks appearance. Originally I though, "Oh, they've just been conjured up by the books." But is that really true at this point?

Is it possible that Donald and Goofy actually ended up there at some point and Mickey and crew later? It couldn't have been an accident either. Wasn't Invi watching Mickey from a rooftop?

Not to say this is directly related to my theory, just that... maybe Maleficent isn't the first one to get in from the outside world.

I think they're just holograms. Those characters bear no present day knowledge, except Maleficent.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Oh yeah, I guess it could be possible that at least some of those visists take place during KH3, maybe? It would be interesting if Donald and Goofy would get sent into the realm of sleep or just, the past. The way they were kind of feeling useless and saying "what should we do now?" at the end of DDD makes me think that maybe they went their own way, trying to do something useful, and ended up getting lost in the Chi/Unchained world. There's not really anything supporting this that I can think of, I'd honestly just love to see D&G wacky adventures after semi accidentally ending up in the middle of an ancient apocalypse.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I think Maleficent clearly mentioned that she was the only one that was able to enter the X era from the "outside world" (if we exclude Pete as he's her subordinate).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Maleficent clearly mentioned that she was the only one that was able to enter the X era from the "outside world" (if we exclude Pete as he's her subordinate).

Maleficent said she was gonna conquer the Disney Castle. Maleficent said she was going to conquer the Castle that Never Was. Maleficent said that she was gonna conquer and take Jiminy's Journal.

Maleficent... does not have an all seeing eye and it's doubtful she has anyway of knowing if someone exited or entered the world inside the Book of Prophesies if there's more than one. She might not even know that there are other copies, and therefore, other entry points in this theory is true.

On this point, I'm not gonna take Maleficent's word on it just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back