• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent’s Council of Villains

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

I remember watching the cutscene in the original Kingdom hearts after Sora defeats the heartless boss in Traverse Town. Seeing all those Disney villains gathering around in the shadows, plotting their next move (on top of the chilling music) was remarkable... especially for the first time playing.

That got me thinking... do you think we’ll see a new set of Disney villians in KH3 that will represent the “Council of Villains”? I sure hope so! I don’t just want to fight heartless bosses.

These are the villians I think will be make up the “Council of Villains”:

Maleificent (leader)
Pete (second in command)
Hades (Hercules)
Mother Gothel (Tangled)
Randall Boggs (Monster Inc.)
Emperor Zurg (Toy Story) or maybe optional boss?
Yoaki (Big Hero 6)
Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean)

My guesses for future worlds yet to be released:
Dr. Facilier (The Princess and the Frog)
Sheer Kahn (The Jungle Book)
Turbo (Wreck It-Ralph)

* If Prince Hans is in the Frozen world, I don’t think he’ll be a part of this team because I don’t feel he is as evil as the other villains.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That would require Disney villains being relevant as a threat, so of course it ain't ever gonna happen.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While I like the idea of Maleficent forming a second council I believe it could draw attention to herself. Nomura mentioned Maleficent being careful to stay out of Sora's way so she could attempt to remain secretive until late in the game.

Also we could end up beating most of the Disney villains during world visits. Not much left to build a council from, lol

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Also we could end up beating most of the Disney villains during world visits. Not much left to build a council from, lol

On this last point, I think he meant a council made beforehand, kinda like the KH1 one where you'd still pretty much beat up the Disney villains during the world visit, but they had already been at Hollow Bastion and knew what was up. Granted between Coded and DDD it's not very plausible Maleficent had time to recruit other villains offscreen (unless she did it while Mickey was narrating 0.2 and Sora was back in the Dream Realm)

Alternatively, they could go the KH II route with Maleficent and Pete trying to recruit villains on-site during Sora's journey.

I'll be honest, I'm very neutral on this, all considered. I'd love the idea on paper, but I'm not gonna lie I just don't feel these villains, for pretty much entirely personal preferences. Zurg is fine, but I just can't see these guys amping me up like Jafar or Hook. They're fine as oneshot villains like Shan Yu.
Also damn at one point Hades'll probably get tired of these chumps too. He outclasses them all.

mytomxxx

I'm not opposed to the idea, it can work. I would love Zurg being a secret/super boss tho.

Neo_

Awards
No; it didn't exist in KH2. Pete and Maleficent visited the old gathering grounds, but it was different. Zurg is a toy and I could not see Davy Jones being there.

Zurg is fine, but I just can't see these guys amping me up like Jafar or Hook.
This.

Ashton69

Awards
im thinking it;ll be your list but also Jafar again because he'll be back and he's really wise. He'll kidnap someone I'm sure.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't like it. It worked in the first game because of how great that roster was, but after that, it would just seem derivative and uninspired.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m not sure about another council, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a few other Disney villains as antagonists outside of their worlds, specifically Dr. Facilier due to his nature and Cruella de Vil due to the unlikelihood of 101 Dalmatians ever being a world. Maybe there could be a trio of villains working together rather than a full ensemble? I wish we could have seen Maleficent, the Evil Queen, and Lady Tremaine interact at some point.

Neo_

Awards
I don't like it. It worked in the first game because of how great that roster was, but after that, it would just seem derivative and uninspired.
We need a 'like' function on this forum so I can 'like' posts like this.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Facilier seems too much like a high roller to work under Maleficent. I'd love to see him take the proverbial ball and run with it as the leading Disney villain in the future. Malefdy's destroyed her credibility by working with Pete.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The Disney Villain Council in the first game was definitely a high light of the series for me. I think they've been usurped by the Organization, which is a shame because they just aren't as compelling as villains (at least, in KHII they weren't because we never really saw them plotting). I'd like to see Disney Villains acting as main players in the story in some capacity in the future but I have a feeling that KHIII is going to be Xehanort-heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back