• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Making Them Laugh. (How to do It?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
if you're not a funny person, it can be very hard to pull off jokes.

while i'm no comedian, i consider myself to have a very good humor, both in making people laugh and in finding the hilarity in almost everything. i usually make people laugh by pointing out the awkwardness/strangeness/silliness of things. for example, in math class yesterday, the teacher was flipping through the textbook, except he was holding it using the support of his middle finger. he was basically giving the bird w/o knowing it. i pointed it out to the person (girl, if you have to know) next to me and earned a laugh. exaggeration can go a long way too. take a simple thing someone did that was kind of stupid, yet laughable, and expand on it (just don't make people feel bad, don't be a bully). in the same way, impressions are a great option too if you're any good at them (but if you're not, don't try) of like people in your class, friends, or teachers.

the key is in the execution. if you don't find the situation funny yourself or if you can't pull of a joke that you would laugh at yourself, odds are no one else will. don't drag out jokes/stories either (stories can be epically funny when told the RIGHT WAY). if it takes to long to tell it, it doesn't matter how funny the punchline is.

Awards
I actually thought about this thread today at school, so I used my brand new iPhone 3GS (this is not a paid product placement) to record little notes of everything I said that made girls laugh throughout various points in the day. This is what I had that seemed worth (or compact enough for) recounting when I got home:

[A short, overweight, unkempt, douchebag-looking guy with a sports coat and a baseball hat walks into the room. He is our substitute History teacher.]
Girl: What's that guy doing here?
Sam: Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to let Michael Moore teach a history class?

[Two girls are having a debate about whether or not abortion should be legal in the same class. They are having this debate loudly and publicly in the midst of an otherwise silent room.]
Ugly Conservative Girl: How can you support killing babies?
Hot Liberal Girl: It's a woman's right to do whatever she wants with her body!
Sam: Sweetie, they may take away your right to have an abortion, but they will never take away your right to throw yourself down a flight of stairs. They can't outlaw gravity, now can they?

[Girl and I lock eyes in the middle of a lecture and neither of us breaks the stare. We are gazing at each other for a good ten seconds or so when I put my hands over my face and start playing Peekaboo with her, and she thinks it is the funniest thing ever because most girls are on the same intellectual level as infants.]

[Guy is talking about these rubber band powered cars we made in my Physics class that use dowel rods as axels.]
Teacher: Your car was a little too good, Kyle. I was wondering if your mom built it for you.
Kyle: Nah, all my mom did for me was give me a dowel rod.
Sam: And I gave his mom my dowel rod. If you know what I mean.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want to get more pussy thrown at you, buy an iPhone 3GS.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
[Girl and I lock eyes in the middle of a lecture and neither of us breaks the stare. We are gazing at each other for a good ten seconds or so when I put my hands over my face and start playing Peekaboo with her, and she thinks it is the funniest thing ever because most girls are on the same intellectual level as infants.]

i can't believe i haven't thought of this this is genius

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
[A short, overweight, unkempt, douchebag-looking guy with a sports coat and a baseball hat walks into the room. He is our substitute History teacher.]
Sam: Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to let Michael Moore teach a history class?

just a little too smart imo. most people i know at least wouldn't find it funny.

[Two girls are having a debate about whether or not abortion should be legal in the same class. They are having this debate loudly and publicly in the midst of an otherwise silent room.]
Sam: Sweetie, they may take away your right to have an abortion, but they will never take away your right to throw yourself down a flight of stairs. They can't outlaw gravity, now can they?

a little too crude for my taste.

now, that i would like to use, if you wouldn't mind. (still gonna do it anyways even if you say no lol)

[Guy is talking about these rubber band powered cars we made in my Physics class that use dowel rods as axels.]
Teacher: Your car was a little too good, Kyle. I was wondering if your mom built it for you.

crude and amateur. if you overuse that joke (or come off as a jerk when you say it), it won't be funny. you'll just end up as a jerk.

Awards
just a little too smart imo. most people i know at least wouldn't find it funny.

now, that i would like to use, if you wouldn't mind. (still gonna do it anyways even if you say no lol)

crude and amateur. if you overuse that joke (or come off as a jerk when you say it), it won't be funny. you'll just end up as a jerk.

Steve, make that thread you were talking about so I can be your co-host and elaborate on the point I was trying to make a bit.

Lolita

Dear You

ahahaha, lmao. xD I would've liked to see that, it'd be something that you'd least expect to happen.

Anyways.
I find it hard for people to make me laugh, unless they're actually funny, because most people that I know really aren't. My friends get annoyed at me sometimes if I don't like their jokes, which aren't the best, but I manage to let out a giggle at how they try to make me laugh, all of my friends know i don't laugh much. i make my friends laugh everyday for god knows why because im not funny, or they just laugh too much. so yeah~

Awards

Dude -- why are you trying to tell me what is going to get me labeled a jerk? I was there. I know what made these girls laugh. And a lot of my jokes also fell completely flat, which is why I didn't provide them as examples.

Trust me, I know what works.

D

Deleted member 36435

I don't see what you're trying to do. He has already used them and they worked. If you're trying to point out all the reasons they won't work then you learn to read. =/

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
Tease her. Girls love the attention.

I was actually just going to say this

If you basically insult and make fun of a girl in a lighthearted, jocular enough manner she will almost always laugh. It's really pathetically easy. If you show confidence and take advantage of every opportunity to jokingly make them feel like shit, they'll like you. Seriously.

(note: this doesn't apply to making fun of fat or ugly girls, but why would you flirt with them anyway lol)

Oh, and if you have an awkward moment, be sure to joke about how awkward it is, which doubles as being a way of killing the awkward moment, and getting another laugh.

Example:

You: Hey!
Her: Hey!
You: What's up?
Her: Nothing.
You: Cool!
Her: Haha, yeah!
You: ...This is pathetically bad small talk. The only way it could be worse is if we talked about the weather.
Her: Haha! You're so funny, want a blowjob or something?

frisson

Silver Member
The stupid thing about girls is that they'll laugh at anything if they're into you.

Though I can't say it's sexually exclusive; my mate is the same around girls he likes. How pathetic. How desperate. How self-deluding. Yeah I'm the same too I guess.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Doing jokes that fit the moment are really easy, you just say the first thing that pops into your head. Like, when I went to Harry Potter 6 with some friends. It came to the scene where Ginny was taking the potions book from Harry, and to me it looked like she was reaching for the fly on his pants, and I just leaned over and said "Zip" to my friend. And apprantly everyone around me heard it, because they all started laughing and chuckling. Even people I didn't know.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
Just be totally silly. If your talking to them and they say some that sounds like good "That's what she said" material, GO FOR IT. I'm a girl and I love that's what she said jokes. They are killer.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
Dude -- why are you trying to tell me what is going to get me labeled a jerk? I was there. I know what made these girls laugh. And a lot of my jokes also fell completely flat, which is why I didn't provide them as examples.

Trust me, I know what works.

and that's where you have to draw a line. what types of jokes are you telling to what type of people? if the person you're telling jokes to like crude jokes, then by all means, tell them a million of them. but if they turn away the moment you finish it, then no it won't work.

humor is relative. only point i was trying to make.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I actually thought about this thread today at school, so I used my brand new iPhone 3GS (this is not a paid product placement) to record little notes of everything I said that made girls laugh throughout various points in the day. This is what I had that seemed worth (or compact enough for) recounting when I got home:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you want to get more pussy thrown at you, buy an iPhone 3GS.

Damn if I knew it was as simple as just buying an Iphone 3GS I would have done that already, why didn't you tell me that earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back