• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making a theme for the forums!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What Background do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallade

Awards
So Hillboy, Sign, Ethy (Master Spockanort) and I were talking in the KHI chatroom, and we thought it might be a good idea if we came up with a new theme for the forums after all these years of having only Stampy and Clown College. We came up with a couple of ideas and thought it would be nice to make a KH3D one. For now we'll be working on this one, a second prototype is on the way.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Since KHI is a community we thought it best to get your input on the matter. So please, give your opinions and ideas.

PS: Both Hillboy and I will be in charge of this project. Any ideas for this project must be submitted in this thread.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Argyle Patterns! Love it! :D

I really like the color scheme of this. So dreamy! (pun intended). I'd add something in the middle though, seems a bit empty there! Although the posts come there so I guess that won't be too much of a problem.

The red glow around the characters is nice but I'd like to see more variations there (without glow, making the character fade into the background etc.).

The thing is, I'd like to see you guys being very creative with the characters. Like the current forum skin. The Sora figure is really simple but it contrasts so well with the background and therefore, makes it really unique imo.

So yeah, the glow is nice but I think you can do way more interesting stuff with them. Just some food for thought :)

Oh and I really like how the edges of the background kinda fade away. Looks very nice!

Keep it up! :)

Last edited:

Rallade

Awards
Argyle Patterns! Love it! :D

I really like the color scheme of this. So dreamy! (pun intended). I'd add something in the middle though, seems a bit empty there! The red glow around the characters is nice but I'd like to see more variations there (without glow, making the character fade into the background etc.).

The thing is, I'd like to see you guys being very creative with the characters. Like the current forum skin. The Sora figure is really simple but it contrasts so well with the background and therefore, makes it really unique imo.

So yeah, the glow is nice but I think you can do way more interesting stuff with them. Just some food for thought :)

Oh and I really like how the edges of the background kinda fade away. Looks very nice!

Keep it up! :)

The glow was a last minute idea, I'll see what I can do.

And as for the middle it's up to Hillboy.

Last edited:

Shawty

Awards
Oh I absolutely love this, like KMR said the colors are so dreamy! I'm not sure though if everyone will love the pink, maybe make it an option to choose between pink and another color? And what are the ideas for the header? It looks really good so far! :)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Oh I absolutely love this, like KMR said the colors are so dreamy! I'm not sure though if everyone will love the pink, maybe make it an option to choose between pink and another color? And what are the ideas for the header? It looks really good so far! :)

1. We've some up with a few ideas fro the header, but I have yet to make one

2. This is a theme designed after KH3D. So the pink and black will stay. Doing other colors would be a hassle. Now don't fret if this goes well we would be excited to do other theme and we in fact have a few ideas in mind

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
It came together nicely. I'll try working with you guys on this once I finishing helping with the main site design.

Rallade

Awards

Hillboy's in charge of that :p

And as for what KMR said : I've made 3 others with small nuances:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
The fading seems good for Riku! But it's kind of odd for Sora (seeing how it awkwardly cuts off a part his leg). I mean, it looks good but I don't think this is it.

Another idea would be to make Sora fall and Riku rise just like on the cover art.

Like make the top of the page gradually lighter and the bottom of the page gradually darker. Sora's head would then fade into the dark while Riku's head would fade into the light, symbolizing the rising and falling that is also shown in the cover art.

You could also make a bright blue theme as well for people who don't like the pink one. Basically that would be the same thing but instead of Sora falling and Riku rising, you should make Riku fall there and Sora rise. Just some ideas.

Last edited:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
We are in need of a new, fresh theme, cause let's face it. Our two current themes are indeed nice, but we all know that everyone loves having variety. As for this one, I agree with Shawty. Not everyone would get behind the pink right away, but I for one love it. To direct the popular word, the colors are dreamy.

I do agree with KMR. A lot more could be done, but I am nowhere near an expert in CSS. I hardly know the basics lol. Eric(Apple Jaxx) is more qualified than I am. xD

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I do have to say I really like this, it looks very nice, but I feel like the side panel with the user info doesn't really need the pattern on it, it could just be the solid pink and look great, but with the pattern it seems too busy. If you need any help with random bugs and junk while coding this I could help out like I did with clown college though with the amount of people working on it I doubt you need me hahahaha.

Also after scrolling quickly through, I am more a fan of the glowing. =w=

Rallade

Awards
We are in need of a new, fresh theme, cause let's face it. Our two current themes are indeed nice, but we all know that everyone loves having variety. As for this one, I agree with Shawty. Not everyone would get behind the pink right away, but I for one love it. To direct the popular word, the colors are dreamy.

I do agree with KMR. A lot more could be done, but I am nowhere near an expert in CSS. I hardly know the basics lol. Eric(Apple Jaxx) is more qualified than I am. xD

Me neither xD, I'm just here to supply the images :p

Well this is what I was able to do:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oooh the Riku one is nice as well, but I still stand by the user info side panel should be a plain color. it's just messy with all the text in there. I'd probably use Sora personally. Are you guys getting rid of the glow for good or something?

Rallade

Awards
Oooh the Riku one is nice as well, but I still stand by the user info side panel should be a plain color. it's just messy with all the text in there. I'd probably use Sora personally. Are you guys getting rid of the glow for good or something?
Naahh, easier to edit without it, we'll have a poll once we have all the options; we still have some more additions to make to the side panel, so you might wanna wait for those. Btw, I see we live in the same city in different countries :p

PS: OP updated with all of the options

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Naahh, easier to edit without it, we'll have a poll once we have all the options; we still have some more additions to make to the side panel, so you might wanna wait for those. Btw, I see we live in the same city in different countries :p

PS: OP updated with all of the options
Ah okay, and that's weird haha.
Definitely voting for that glowing. =w= It makes everything so much softer on the eyes.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
That blue is a bit...difficult to lay eyes on. Probably more of a cooler blue? Buuuuuuut seeing as red is my favorite color I'll be content with the outcome.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, Sean is right. Eyerape blue is not a good choice for the eyes. Perhaps, like he suggested, a more cooler blue. Maybe Sea Blue or a more easier-on-the-eyes shade like Steel Blue? I do like it. It's coming out nicely. :)

Rallade

Awards
I know about the blue I was just a bit lazy (cut me some slack, this was all done within in a day :p) And there are some more things being made as we speak

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I still stand by the user info side panel should be a plain color. it's just messy with all the text in there.

Don't worry we have a few ideas for the side panel, that was just the first one we did. I am really excited for a different idea of Rallade's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back