• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Making 8bit-16bit music?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Silver Member
What would be the best program to make 8bit/16bit(whatever) music?
I already have Sony Acid Pro 6.0 and Adobe Audition. What would be your guys best choice?

No spam posts. If you want an example of a spam post, just go look at Silh's posts or the general video game section.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

I make it with LSDJ on my Gameboy DMG. And mostly I just stick to trackers like Milkytracker and Nanoloop. Oh, and lately I've been importing some songs into Ableton Live 7 and adding orchestral strings and whatever.

But it all depends on how you work. I just like Millkytracker because it's the quickest and easiest way to get the classic Gameboy sound that I like.

Josh

Silver Member
I've been trying out Famitracker, its eh. Can be really confusing.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

All trackers are a bit confusing at first. But once you get the hang of it, you'll see how quickly you can make a song. Yeah, I've actually tried making 8bits in Sony Acid, but I didn't find it useful for anything but making mediocre beat loops. :/

You should post some of your music, if you get some songs put together. I'd really like to hear what you make.

Josh

Silver Member
eh i need to find our MIDI cable for my keyboard before I try anything really.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

Oooh a keyboard, huh? Interesting. What kind to you have? I've been looking into getting this one. But I'm not really sure what is a good brand or whatever.

Oh, I also stumbled across a program called GarageBand. I haven't really downloaded it or anything yet. But it seems like it might actually be pretty useful for making some nice beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back