• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Makeshift KHII Critical Mode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

I don't have KHII Final Mix. Since the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility, I can't get it for a while it seems.

To make up for this, I made my own "critical mode". Instead of visiting Agrabah and the Pride Lands for the first time, I skipped them entirely and went to Twilight Town instead. Skipping those worlds put me levels behind, thereby making the game a little tougher.

Has anyone else tried this before? I thought it was fun.

Hovhannes1998

I never tried that because I like following the story the way it was "meant" to, but I think it was clever of what you did. I might try that on remix Critical to make it an even bigger challenge. My only question is what did it feel like to go back to the worlds you skipped story and gameplay wise?

Veritas7340

I never tried that because I like following the story the way it was "meant" to, but I think it was clever of what you did. I might try that on remix Critical to make it an even bigger challenge. My only question is what did it feel like to go back to the worlds you skipped story and gameplay wise?

When you go back, you still get to play both stories as normal. For instance, when I went back to Agrabah, I defeated Pete first. Then after leaving the world and coming back, I was up against the Genie Jafar story.

The Heartless of the world are leveled up so they are as strong as a regular 2nd round world. For instance, the Agrabah Heartless seemed to be roughly on the same level as Halloween Town 2nd round Heartless. This means that the 1st and 2nd round Heartless of skipped worlds are basically the same. At least, that's how it was for my playthrough.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
When you go back, you still get to play both stories as normal. For instance, when I went back to Agrabah, I defeated Pete first. Then after leaving the world and coming back, I was up against the Genie Jafar story.

The Heartless of the world are leveled up so they are as strong as a regular 2nd round world. For instance, the Agrabah Heartless seemed to be roughly on the same level as Halloween Town 2nd round Heartless. This means that the 1st and 2nd round Heartless of skipped worlds are basically the same. At least, that's how it was for my playthrough.

I have done a KH2 Critical, but it's good to know how strong these Heartless are. It'll give me some time to prepare.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I don't have KHII Final Mix. Since the PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility, I can't get it for a while it seems.

To make up for this, I made my own "critical mode". Instead of visiting Agrabah and the Pride Lands for the first time, I skipped them entirely and went to Twilight Town instead. Skipping those worlds put me levels behind, thereby making the game a little tougher.

Has anyone else tried this before? I thought it was fun.

I would always go to Twilight Town first before going to Halloween Town and Pridelands. That way, I can get to the next visit to Radiant Garden and get Master Form faster. It is a lot of fun, especially the first time around since I didn't quite have a strategy for the Berserkers then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back