• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MAKE or BREAK : THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

saphexteni

Yukira shook her head at her partner's concern.

"No, I'm okay. Just a few scrapes and bruises... but I think I should call that lucky with what we just went through." she replied with a grin. "I just hope that was the last of it..."

But when she too looked at her palm, only to find the timer just ticking away like her partner's, she frowned. "Are we supposed to wait for something? There weren't any other directions in the text..." She looked up from her hand, hoping to look around and find some sort of sign or clue, but was met with her partner's anxious face. What will happen when the timer reaches zero? It was a question she did not want to voice out loud, though she was sure that the both of them were wondering the same thing.

"Hey! Look-"

Yukira pointed past Kenji, behind the entrance to 104. There was a girl and boy running towards them- they looked slightly familiar, and Yukira recognized them as the two she had seen running through the crowd when she was cornered by the frogs. She was pretty sure that they had at least sensed or seen her which meant one thing- that the four of them were all on the same boat.

"I'm pretty sure they're 'players,' too. Maybe we all need to make it here before we 'beat' this round." She put her arms up in the air so that the other two could see, walking slowly towards the entrance/exit to 104. However, she didn't get far before her head bumped into something. She rubbed her head, expecting a bar or something to be right above her head, but when she looked up, nothing was there.

"
What the heck?" She put her hands forward, only for some kind of invisible wall to stop her from crossing back into the Scramble Crossing. Whatever was keeping her there would also keep the other two from getting across into District 104. And to make things worse, three huge things were appearing in front of the invisible wall. She stared in horror as not one, but two huge grizzlies formed. And then the dorsal fin of what looked like a giant shark also appeared- in the same graffiti style as all the monsters from earlier. She turned to Kenji, speechless. They had barely beaten one grizzly. But now the other two had to face two of them, and a huge shark. How could things get any worse?

Awards
This guy was so goddamn melodramatic and so goddamn insane that Kam feared the security of her own precious sanity while occupying his vicinity. Still, Kage provided for excellent entertainment when there was scarcely anything to do in this dead town, and she privately admitted that that itself was better than nothing, right? Right. Besides, what was the point of all this revolution mess if she was already content with the status quo? Kam was content. Kam was very content. Her life didn’t need any changing.

So she said time and time again.

The trainwreck-of-a-scene down below inspired Kam to whistle in mild admiration. “Lookin kinda crazy down there, ain’t it?” Palms pressed to the ledge, she vaguely registered Kage with a dull side-glance, and noted with faint amusement that, boy, he was pissed! Gettin’ so worked up over some trivial job. He oughta to have just get the job done himself if he wanted to be damn content, in Kam’s oh-so humble opinion.

“Look, what was it you said? Something about not lifting a finger or anything? Well, Mr. Psycho-hella-path, what’re you gonna do now? Sit here and suck your thumb? Pfft.” She wasn’t even the gamemaster for this week, and she felt obligated enough to be giving this talk like she was itching to dive into the action. 'Cause she was, honestly.

Oh. What the hell. She swung her feet on the ledge in a catlike crouch. “C’mon. Let’s raise some hell, yeah?”

This guy was so goddamn melodramatic and so goddamn insane. And, hell, she kinda liked it.

[[oops i replied to a possibly dead thread. sue me. 8D]]

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[FFFFF RHAP. YOU... NU D:< HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH AN AWFUL THING.]

Kage is still pissed.

Kam shows up and mocks him, harassing him for the one thing that he's always been after. He thought becoming a Reaper would be good: to become immortal essentially, even if there was a price involved. But, at that moment, he wanted to climb the ladder higher: to get out of this low-life world that he was trapped in. He thought Kam would've wanted to join him; to get out of this mess! But, alas, she was foolish and stupid, lazy as ever.

Kage had summoned more Noise to take out the few Players that were apart of this damn game, but, as he watched over the scene, he got a sense of something. Something was... different.

Lookin kinda crazy down there, ain’t it?

With a small 'tsh,' he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, guess so..."

His golden eyes spied the scene below: the sheer madness of it all. One boot placed on the top of the ledge, he leaned over his knee, arms resting on his thigh. His glance seemed dull, expressionless, as he fought to hide the sheer angry boiling up inside of him.

Dammit, Kam! How could she be so stupid?

Look, what was it you said? Something about not lifting a finger or anything? Well, Mr. Psycho-hella-path, what’re you gonna do now? Sit here and suck your thumb? Pfft.

The man stood upright, eyes wide. He blinked. Wait, did she just...

He bit his lip, stumbling over a single word:

"W... what?"

C’mon. Let’s raise some hell, yeah?

A grin formed on his dark features. Hopping onto the ledge, he sat down besides Kam, still wearing that dorky smile of his.

"But what're we gonna do, throw Noise at 'em? Sheesh, boring."

He pondered, pressing his knuckle to his lip as he scanned the horizon.

"Hmm..."

He gasped, "Wait... Wait! I got it!"

But, an idea popped into his head. Eyes bright, his grin grew even bigger. It was a stupid idea, a completely idiotic thought!, but he couldn't help it. He had to do it. He had to!

The man hopped to his feet, standing tall on the ledge.

He smirked, tugging his hood over his head. Extending a hand out to Kam, there's a glimmer in his eyes, but the reason for it remains unseen... Still, he grins and beacons the Reaper, saying, "C'mon then, princess. Let's go take over the damn world."

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
[um, I don't know if this will be accepted or not. But um...yeah.]

"Ngh, wait up for me! Sheeesh..." The hazel eyed teenager mumbled, trying his hardest to keep up with the bouncing of his partner. How were they supposed to work together if she kept ditching him all the time? She didn't even say anything, just ran off! What kind of partner does that?! As he chased after his partner, running toward 104, the teenager stopped dead in his tracks.

His eyes lit up with joy. Adrenaline coursed through his body as he ran, and ran. This time he wasn't following Kusari. There, multiple feet in front of him, stood his younger brother.

"Bishop?! Bishop!!" He exclaimed, coming to a stop and hugging the boy.

"Whoa, bro?! What are you doing here?" The child responded back, looking back at Andre with big orbs of innocent oblivion. Just as soon as he finished his inquiry, he was greeted with a flick to the forehead. "Owwwww! What was that for bro?!"

"Didn't I tell you to run away?! Why didn't you get home!" Andre scolded the boy, before his face changed from anger to intrigue. He paced around Bishop, studying the black wings decorating his shoulder blades. "And whassup with these wings? This a costume or sumthin?" He asked as he prodded one of them.

"Ow! Ow! Hey, that hurts! Stop pullin em!" Bishop whined, pulling away. Andre grimaced, raising an eyebrow. The wings seemed literally attached to his little brothers body. What did that mean? Why were they attached? Everything was becoming more and more confusing.

"Bishop...where did you get those wings from...?" Andre asked, a hint of suspicion in his voice.

"I dunno, I just woke up with 'em." The child shrugged.

Andre gave his litle brother a weak, nervous smile. Something wasn't right here....

Awards
“'Princess'? The hell? Wait, so I’m not a bitch now?” Her pale hand presses mournfully to her heart, and her eyes grow wide in a that devastated-kicked-puppy look. “Well, damn. I'm offended.” Kam’s sarcasm filter? Lacking, at best. Almost like her enthusiasm for (her dead) life. Honestly, she’s even scared herself a few times pondering the exact value of her own words, promises. She figures this is a problem, but it’s the least of her problems.

Twisting her lips, Kam slaps away Kage’s offered hand with two clicks from her tongue. “Mah, mah. Ikou. Oh, and call me 'princess' again, and I’ll roundhouse kick your teeth into the back of your throat, okay?” Kicking up her feet to stand, she pops a sucker into her mouth, ready to rock and rumble and Christ Jesus someone blow a bullet through her brain now. “Remember: We get caught, it’s your ass I'm ratting out.”

This is happening. Really, seriously happening. She’s doing this, she tells herself, to answer her inner craving for a bit of hell and fun; she doesn’t do it, she tells herself, because of some grander ideal like fighting for a future or some bull like that. Kam is a Reaper. Reapers don’t have any futures. That’s that. She has to silently compliment the psychopath’s ambition, though. She knows nothing about the spice of ambition. Of aspirations. Dreams. Too much chasing, no thank you.

She looks ready to step off; her foot hangs suspended over the ledge and–

Wait. Something catches her eye. Over there, to the slight left. Her gaze slides inconspicuously in that direction, her shoe retreating back to align with the other.

A young girl, no older than thirteen, probably, rushes into the fray, pigtails flying in a blur of light-ish purple and straight at the other Players within the vicinity. At her heels is a dog, a golden Shiba Inu.

“Hey, you guys!” The girl skips from one foot to another, her torso sways, and her fingers jitter. Right away it becomes apparent the girl forever dances a fine line between sitting still and flying off the pavement. “Wanna try clearing these things together? Huh?” Her darkened features glow brightly and she beams while gesturing at the newly created Noise she dodged just moments before.

Ono-san. One must never furiously barge in and address strangers as ‘hey you guys’.” This does not come from the girl. These words come from the dog. Its muzzle snaps in what should have been yips a series of yips; yet what came was actual, comprehensible, intelligible language with an elderly female quality.

The golden dog ducks her head humbly. A pink scarf is laced about her neck in that old-fashioned way an elderly lady might wrap a scarf modestly over her head as a headdress. Tossed around her shoulders is a black scabbard, held in place by a cream-colored cloth laced around her front leg and chest. “Now, if you would be so kind, dears? As the ancient proverb goes –“ The dog takes on a sagely aura as her snout to the air. Besides her, the girl immediately yanks her pigtails and groans tragically. “‘A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle.’”

Swinging her hands to clasp behind her back, the bouncy girl dips forward with a toothy grin. “So? How about it, huh? Up for it? Oh, by the way, name’s Ono Usagiko. Just call me Thistle! The old cranky lady right here is Granny Jojo!”

Clearly mortified by this offense, the dog snarls her answer, “That’s Tokugawa Josephine, young lady!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

“…Damn.”

Observing the entire scene play out below her, the slightest of changes rolls through the young woman: Narrowed eyes; locked jaw; resounding crackle-crackle-pops of her crushing sucker.

Hey, screw that bunny-kid. Kam never made a pact with a talking dog–a talking dog with a freaking sword.

“So kick-ass,” the female Reaper declares mildly. About as kick-ass as Godzilla.

[[ooc: spoiler alert kam is a supernerd who thinks non-talking dogs without swords r 2 mnstrm)]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back