• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Majorly need help beating stupid mini games on critical difficulty!!!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDMUSTANGX

I'm really stuck on two fronts, in KH 2.5 Remix!!! I'm playing both KH 2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep Final Mix on critical difficulty, because I wanted more of a challenge. Now I can't seem to get through the Light Cycle gauntlet in KH2 Final Mix. Play rock/paper/scissors with multiple enemies, while avoiding running into walls and obstacles and not being able to heal was pretty tricky, even on lower difficulties. Now, it's damn near impossible!!! Also, you know when Ventus has to play that stupid "Ice Cream Beat" mini game in Disney Town, in order to proceed? On critical difficulty, I can't seem to get a good enough score to satisfy the game and clear the challenge. That mini game is really annoying and frustrating and the timing is too precise. I'm not a machine, I can't get it right every time!!! Is there a special trick to it that I don't know about?! Can someone PLEASE give me some pointers to help me clear these two challenges?!!!

Badger

For the light cycle game, the method that worked best for me was to ignore the attack command and always used charge to knock them out. (are those the right command names? It's been a little while) When you make it to the end of the course and are about to go through the crack in the wall, make sure you block! Those 2 heartless always shoot at you right before you go through.

Ice Cream Beat is just a pain in the butt. I think practice is really the only option.

Good luck! You can do it!!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yes, Charge is pretty much the only useful command in Light Cycle, though Guard may come up from time to time. If you're in Space Paranoids for the first time, just try to survive, don't bother for points. If you are going for points... ignore it again! Sora's HP is his actual HP, his defence (as far as I can tell) his actual defence. As stupid as it sounds, you're better off grinding for the mini-game. No joke. When I won, I often used Charge even if I was seconds from crashing into a wall, because what damage was a wall going to do?

I don't think Critical Mode actually increases the difficulty of Ice Cream Beat, it really is just that hard (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If it makes you feel any better, you can join these nice people who are also griping about Ice Cream Beat? Well! What do you know. It turns out it is a small world after all.

Xelon99

Awards
I remember the first time I did the Light Cycle one. I had major problems with it as well. Funny enough, the solution is easy as can be. Just charge into any enemy. Get your health as high as possible, a high defense is always useful as well. In the very end, just block the entire time to ward off the Devestators.

Ice Cream is the only minigame I have left on the PSP version of BBS and I know I'll spend weeks being frustrated about it on the ps3. There only thing that matters is timing. It's not harder on any difficulty and I don't think the pauze-screen trick works in it. It's like the Musical minigame in kh2, but so much worse. Practice makes perfect I suppose

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I don't think Critical Mode actually increases the difficulty of Ice Cream Beat, it really is just that hard (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If it makes you feel any better, you can join these nice people who are also griping about Ice Cream Beat? Well! What do you know. It turns out it is a small world after all.

Yup, the game difficulty you choose doesn't affect the difficulty of the mini-games. I also was going to post a link to that thread about Ice Cream Beat, but you did that already~ It's a small world after all! ~~~ ♥ ~~~ ♥ ~~~~~ ♥ ♥ ♥ !! xD

DoctahFaz

Awards
The problem with the Light Cycle is that you're locked in Ansem's office/computer room and can't leave the area to go train or improve your stats once you're there. However, similar to what everyone else said, I basically abandoned the attack and guard commands and stuck with charge as it generally took care of all of the enemies just fine and allowed me to last until the end.

Ventus_

Awards
For the light cycle game, the method that worked best for me was to ignore the attack command and always used charge to knock them out. (are those the right command names? It's been a little while) When you make it to the end of the course and are about to go through the crack in the wall, make sure you block! Those 2 heartless always shoot at you right before you go through.

Ice Cream Beat is just a pain in the butt. I think practice is really the only option.

Good luck! You can do it!!

I apologize for necroposting but I had to express my appreciation.
I'm on proud and was having trouble with the required light cycle course. This strategy finally got me through it, barely but nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back