• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MAJOR SPOILERS - The Master's Plan/What's in the Box? [Theory]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay, I'm fresh off of the new content in 2.8 and my wheels are turning. As much as I want to be playing DDD, I'm stuck with the rest of you nerds and I have some crazy ideas to discuss today. Please try and act mildly convinced.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

his true ambition is unknown and will remain so for a long time. So that's all I have and if there's anything to add, critique or just discuss- I'm looking forward to reading it. Hit me with your best shot, and may your heart be your guiding key.

Last edited:

Griewer

Awards
Re: The Master's Plan/What's in the Box? [Theory]

is he a villain who wants the power of kingdom hearts? Or is he something else? His actions could be looked at as cruel, when he has shown himself to be truly uncaring. The spectacular Master Spockanort has her own theory cooking that his omniscience could truly be because he is a sort of deity, and that he's playing a bigger role towards the side of good, but this is just a theory which I have no right to even bring up. Perhaps he is a truly neutral being who just wants to advance his personal goals and is just the KHverse's own Wizard of Oz, all talk, smoke and mirrors, etc.

his true ambition is unknown and will remain so for a long time. So that's all I have and if there's anything to add, critique or just discuss- I'm looking forward to reading it. Hit me with your best shot, and may your heart be your guiding key.

Buffer - Venison is one of the most traditional and widely-eaten varieties of wild game. Early American colonists relied on deer to provide them with a source of protein, getting them through long and hard winters. As farming replaced hunting, domesticated meat such as beef, pork, and poultry replaced venison as a primary meat source, making venison an exotic alternative. Properly prepared, however, lean venison can be even more delicious than beef or other meats. Okay hopefully that was enough buffer if not I'll add an additional sentence or two just in case.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Nomura has apparently confirmed that the Master will not appear in III so don't worry about that. My theory isn't a villain behind the villain toe deal- he's just a schemer. As already said by both Xehanort and the MoM, fate is already set and can't be changed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Chuman going into theory-mode?
That's certainly something new.

(Shouldn't some of these statements be spoiler-tagged tough?)

Now on to the actual content of the theory, well, the MoM is certainly not only a fantastic "dickhead" but also highly entertaining.

That being out of the way, I'll spoiler the rest just in case:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

That's my secret, captain. I'm always a keyblade master.

But nah seriously, I just didn't have much reason to go into theory mode. I go deep when it comes to things I'm passionate about. But yeah, in 0.2 mickey said that he entered via a world that was ending. One way trip. And as back cover has proved, the Master can certainly piece himself out so the theory isn't beyond grasp.

also thanks for pointing that out, my bad.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

My theory isn't a villain behind the villain toe deal- he's just a schemer. As already said by both Xehanort and the MoM, fate is already set and can't be changed.

I've just to say it out loud that I really hate the "fate is set and cannot be changed"-kind of stories/setups because it makes everything the different characters do meaningless and inconsequential in the end.
I recall plenty of people were already sour with the whole "everything was planned and destinied to happen"-shtick Xehanort babbled about in the DDD finale when it was really just him "engineering" fate for his own selfish ambitions and interests.

How sick is it to tell people that they suffer because they are meant to by "fate"?
It would also indicate that free will and your own decisions don't have any weight in the KH universe because everything is already "set".

That's my secret, captain. I'm always a keyblade master.

But nah seriously, I just didn't have much reason to go into theory mode. I go deep when it comes to things I'm passionate about. But yeah, in 0.2 mickey said that he entered via a world that was ending. One way trip. And as back cover has proved, the Master can certainly piece himself out so the theory isn't beyond grasp.

also thanks for pointing that out, my bad.

Oho, is that so?
Very well.

I'll be playing 0.2 today so I'll make sure to check out this particular part and compare it to Coded's "variant". While it is true that the Master indeed disappears, we do not have any indication yet how and why that happened and if it happened voluntary or involuntary. Since the MoM is stated to not make an appearance in KH III by Nomura, I'd say that him being another "man behind the man" is pretty slim, so only Luxu remains to be a possible candidate for such a scenario.
Yet still, it could be that the MoM is the new main antagonist for the next saga too and while it does have connections to KH III at some points, Back Cover (and by extension Chi and Unchained) also partly lay groundwork for the next saga.

Griewer

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Buffer -Caesar Salad: Purée minced garlic and anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1 egg yolk; with machine running, slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil. Toss with romaine; top with Parmesan and croutons.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Sure, it is sick but it's part of the rules of time travel. Up to a certain point, things are meant to happen that way. The unknown variable in this still remains sora, and as eraqus said, who's to say it can't be changed? No one has tried to, is what I'm saying. The past is done, and these events have potentially built up to the conclusion that the Master envisioned. Once he's reunited with his body/animated coat he's been walking around in/royal attire/sears mannequin, and what he's seen has been caught up; that's where the cement is still wet. That's the skyscraper sora and riku can topple before it's even built.

vaxidd

Not sure if someone realize before, but the words on the box "X Super" along with the name of the Fortellers (Aced, Ava, Gula, Invi, Ira) and Luxu = now makes up all 7 of the sins name in latin

[Superbia, Acedia, Avaritia, Gula, Invidia, Ira, Luxuria]

That or the box is the MoM's property and he labeled his name on it (therefor identifying his name as Super?)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not sure if someone realize before, but the words on the box "X Super" along with the name of the Fortellers (Aced, Ava, Gula, Invi, Ira) and Luxu = now makes up all 7 of the sins name in latin

[Superbia, Acedia, Avaritia, Gula, Invidia, Ira, Luxuria]

That or the box is the MoM's property and he labeled his name on it (therefor identifying his name as Super?)
Wow

just want everyone to think back to 2013 when this was a non canon browser game

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Also: why is everyone saying that the MoM would be another "man behind the man" trope? It's only been used once in the series.

That doesn't need spoiler tags so I'll answer it openly.

No, that trope has been used already three times in the series.

First it looked like the Big Bad is Maleficent, then came the "man behind the man" in the form of Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.
Second it was "revealed" that the Big Bad Ansem isn't even Ansem but the Heartless of Xehanort, an Apprentice of the real Ansem.
Third it was revealed that the Big Bad "Apprentice Xehanort" is not really Ansem's apprentice but an elderly evil Keyblade Master from a decade ago who is piggybacking in the body of a younger dude who he possessed.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
just figured i'd bump this in the weeks followed by e3, see how it holds up all these months later or if Union X did something to dismantle my theory, if this is inappropriate to bump my own thread after this long i'll close it.

Unumus

Awards
I just have one thing to say about the whole box thing because I just can't help but feel like either people are missing something or I am just completely lost. Better safe than sorry:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I just have one thing to say about the whole box thing because I just can't help but feel like either people are missing something or I am just completely lost. Better safe than sorry:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So, the seven fragments of light are actually literal and not just metaphorical as I assumed that Xehanort was making them out to be?

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I love this explanation of the contents of the box.
Spoilers ahead..........
That would perfectly explain time travel possibilities on one side - if one of the things Luxu had to do, even if he wasn't told why, was to simply travels around, everywhere, that gives the MoM the possibility to time travel to those places anytime. And on the other side, another part of his body, somewhat physical too ("Ew!" - Luxu 2k16), is his eye on the Keyblade, which also travels together with Luxu and the box, this giving the MoM the possibility to "see" and record the future and time itself in the Book of Prophecies, which I believe is tied directly to the MoM... and I mean -very- directly, it's like MoM writes it all himself continuously.
We know the Keyblade was passed on and surely saw everything through the hands of Xehanort, but where did the box remain? Was it left at the Graveyard or is it still travelling alongside the Keyblade?
MoM could as well be a neutral super powerful and intelligent dude. Like, he could appear in front of the heroes and villains, mess with their minds a bit and then say "ciao cheerio!~" and leave them hangin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back