• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Major Screwup with Forum DB - Rollback Was Required

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

spdude

Ok, something really awful just happened.. I know a lot of people are going to be very angry. Let me explain.

In anticipation for the upcoming traffic which is supposed to peak in the middle of the week, I told my server admin person to move the front site's database on to our second server to balance the load more better... and he went and did that.. only problem was it's name and the name of the forum database were the same, which caused the forum one to be overwritten..

So... the only thing I could do is restore a backup from the 10th which was the most recent one we had.. I know this is a huge blunder and my guy says he'll even register an account to come here and take the blame.

The staff have made many additions and restructured forums since last Monday, and it looks like a lot of taht will also need to be redone.

In any case, I'll try to be around more than normal to also assist with gettings things back to normal.

Lunar Knight

American Person
Don't say that! I found a time machine; that's the only rational explanation.

lulz.

Bleh. It was just a few days. We'll recover, but we must put the blame on someone...

It was the server guy's fault!

Once he gets an account, let's give him a thrashing! >:3

spdude

One good thing to come out of this.. is the Ambience skin everyone wnated back.. is now back.. even going tofix some of the blemishes in it.

Arcanum Noir

Ah, thanks spdude. It's definitely explained a lot. Yes the RPG section was really affected by this, many of their posts after the 10th were lost. So anyway, it's good to know that you guys are trying to fix the problem. Once again, thanks guys.

spdude

Keeping the Ambience skin I think will require you delete cookies and cache and all that from your browser.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com

Lunar Knight

American Person
Looks like Stavros's provacative sig is back...

spdude, you think you could add the private message, time, username... the thing at the top right in KHI Ultimate to Ambience?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
backtothefutureyr7.jpg

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
The good news is, I brought back the Original and Canon RP forums, and got rid of Balamb Garden again. That was the biggest loss, work-wise. At least that I'm aware of.

The bad news is... Yeah, the RP section lost a lot. Not good. Replacing forums is easy. Replacing all the posts lost is... Well, they can't be replaced. Only recreated.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I've seen worse roll backs. =P

Posts can be remade. People's "precious" premium member status can be regained. Blah blah. Nothing overly drastic. Just the RP section got hit the most, since a lot of work lately had been directed towards it.

oh and will this be restored to how it was yesterday?
If you bothered to read any of the thread, you would know the answer is "No."

Last edited by a moderator:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I've decided that this isn't going to be up for discussion any longer. I'll leave this thread up for spdude and the other staff members so that they can give you updates on the situation, but I'm closing this so that we don't get any more posts regarding whether or not posts/post counts/rep/etc. after the 10th will be recovered, because, as HB already covered, they're not going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back