• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Magic-types

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

silentmusic16

As we all know, the magic changed from kh1 to kh2. in kh1, the extra magic we had was gravity, areo (sp?), and stop.

in kh2, we had reflect and magnet instead.

personally, i like the kh2 set the best. gravity was useless to me and so was stop. areo (sp?) was the only one that was useful, but it only cut the damage in half.

reflect is very, very, awesome. i love it's effect and it's animation and everything. magnet is also pretty cool, though i do use it less often.

my question is, which do you prefer?

Lianeee

Well i've never actually played KH1, but for KH2, i didn't find the magic effective really (not on the heartless/nobodies that I tried magic on anyway) and i prefered the magic on 358/2 days. So i can't compare KH1's magic to KH2's but i didn't like KH2's, barley used it (only used it to try it out), i was mostly just going crazy and the triangle and the X

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well i've never actually played KH1, but for KH2, i didn't find the magic effective really (not on the heartless/nobodies that I tried magic on anyway) and i prefered the magic on 358/2 days. So i can't compare KH1's magic to KH2's but i didn't like KH2's, barley used it (only used it to try it out), i was mostly just going crazy and the triangle and the X

you wrong

Musical charm

I never played kh1(I have seen the walkthroughs in youtube for that game), as for kh2, they were useful, especially reflect and magnet, for days, I really didn't like it, you were very limited with the use of magic, so I'd have to say that the kh2 was my fav, but don't get me wrong, the magic in kh1 looked cool(based from what I've seen), but my overall fav was the one in kh2.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
In KH1, Gravity, Aero, and Stop were my buddies at the end. <3 In KH2, I hardly even bothered with magic... I just spammed X and Triangle as well as the occasional cure.

Walkway

KH2, Gravity was fun for taking out the fat bandits and such...I never used stop though. I like reflect a lot more than Aero, too.

Oh and I love Magnet.

Wisdom Form -> Magnet -> Thunder = win

Musical charm

KH2, Gravity was fun for taking out the fat bandits and such...I never used stop though. I like reflect a lot more than Aero, too.

Oh and I love Magnet.

Wisdom Form -> Magnet -> Thunder = win

SO true about that combination with wisdom form, magnet was SOOOOO useful for when leveling up.

Selena

I actually personally prefer the KH1 set. I always liked Aero and gravity came in handy from time to time too.

Gram

Banned
Awards
kh1 magic is definatly better.
areo was a life saver and most enemies and bosses where affected by stop (allowimg me to heal or get in a hit or two)
and gravity was useful when fighting the poison mushroom heartless and the heartless witht the sheilds.
i also prefered how fire and thunder was casted in kh1 to kh2.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I liked the KH1 set myself. Like Selena said, Gravity and Aero came in handy, like using Aero when fighting Ansem SoD and Gravity for reaching chests in HB. And Stop...Stop I mainly used for fun :p In KH2, I only one I really used was Cure. Didn't feel the need to use the others :/

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I would prefer my Reflect over Gravity and Aero. <3
Never used Stop. Gravity was very effective against hard-to-fight Heartless, such as Large Bodies, Fat Bandits, and Defenders, as it cuts down their HP by a LOT. Use Gravity twice on them, you should only have to actually attack a couple of times. xD Makes them very easy to beat. Aero was good for defense, but Reflect is a great replacement, especially as it gives damage back much more than Aero does (not to mention that some enemies, such as Riku, were immune to the wind damage of Aero, whereas, to my knowledge, no enemy is immune to the damage Reflect costs).
So I'll have to go with KH2's magic. c:

Gram

Banned
Awards
may i ask how you guys used gravity? i never got the hang of it and it always bothered me.

although i like the kh2 magic more (reflect is amazing!), i don't like fire in that game.
well i used it on a lot of slow enemies :/
like Reika said, mainly the defenders/large bodies etc.
for faster enemies i relyed on slow, it works wonders in the coloseim agaisnt hades cloud, yuffie etc.

reflect was by far one of the most useful spells in any game, even tho i prefer the kh1 magic.
you can pracitacly kick sephy's @$$ with reflect.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
well i used it on a lot of slow enemies :/
like Reika said, mainly the defenders/large bodies etc.
for faster enemies i relyed on slow, it works wonders in the coloseim agaisnt hades cloud, yuffie etc.

I usually used it on the enemies that required you to get behind them or something. Or against the high-flying enemies, like Wyverns.
It also helps to have it on shortcut, and to lock onto the enemy you want to use it on, so that any other nearby enemies don't change your target at the last second, which happened A LOT in Agrabah with those Air Soldiers.

reflect was by far one of the most useful spells in any game, even tho i prefer the kh1 magic.
you can pracitacly kick sephy's @$$ with reflect.

xD Trinity Limit works well, too. 8D

Gram

Banned
Awards
I usually used it on the enemies that required you to get behind them or something. Or against the high-flying enemies, like Wyverns.
It also helps to have it on shortcut, and to lock onto the enemy you want to use it on, so that any other nearby enemies don't change your target at the last second, which happened A LOT in Agrabah with those Air Soldiers.
:D thats where stop came in for me (not in agrabah but still)
when fighting those wizard heartless/invisbles/darkballs spamming stop and gravity worked ( well til mp ran out XD)

xD Trinity Limit works well, too. 8D

XD this is also true.

Prajna

Both of the magic sets were well-rounded. In Kingdom Hearts the Aero spell was good in a pinch for a little damage reduction and stop was also good for when you were fighting hordes of enemies, it sucked that it never worked on big bosses though. (My dumb ass tried stop on Kurt Zisa...)

In KH2 the spell variety was definitely a step up from that of Kingdom Hearts. The magnet, reflect, and thunder spells were my favorites. Magnet for the Shenzi, Bonsai, and Eddy fight. Reflect for those pattern moments during the Sephiroth fight, I share my Fenrir with reflect. Last was the thunder spell because once you got Thundaga you could eliminate or at least deal heavy damage to many surrounding enemies.

Selena

Same here. Especially in Hollow Bastion where I couldn't seem to go five minutes without falling off something.

Prajna

Same here. Especially in Hollow Bastion where I couldn't seem to go five minutes without falling off something.

The worst part was moving from the library to the upper platform where a whole mess of Air soldiers and wyverns showed up, I always fell of the edge and landed at the very bottom where the big bubbles were.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Magnet for the Shenzi, Bonsai, and Eddy fight.

.....that works? O_O *never tried it* I gotta give that a shot now. xD

I think that was the experience for the majority of us. xD Gravity was a Godsend during those times. Strike Raid worked VERY well, too. Especially against the Wizards, since I don't think Gravity worked against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back