• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Made This Out of Pure Emotion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Been going through some shit with someone, and it actually brought me artistic inspiration.
CNC please.

eapTO.png

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
BUMP. Like Major bump, cause I like this piece and I want to see what people think.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Completely destroyed the rule of thirds here. Just choose a better stock. The BG is way too mundane for any taste. That'd only work if you have compensating FG effects, in which case you don't. Save for that fog effect you have there. Lastly, the lighting is extremely artificial.

O

Oberon

Overall, it needs more foreground, better lighting and the type could probably be worked on as well.

As Sean said, bg is too boring because of the lacking fg effects. Add a little more. The lighting is a bit too strong and it's very 'stand-alone.' Put some effects in there to make the lighting look more natural or at the very least, a little more important? because right now it's just hovering and it's taking away from everything else. In fact now that I think about it, your tag has a unity problem; the text, light source and stock are all separated. Hopefully changing the effects and type can help aid that. And yeah lastly take out the underline for the type. It is a supplement that works sometimes but for this particular tag, I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's the font.

It's not too bad though. It has potential. <:

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Completely destroyed the rule of thirds here. Just choose a better stock. The BG is way too mundane for any taste. That'd only work if you have compensating FG effects, in which case you don't. Save for that fog effect you have there. Lastly, the lighting is extremely artificial.

Rule of thirds? Also I wanted an artifical light source. Cause I wanted a painting like feel, which the stock was like.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
It might help if you know how lighting works and what the rule of thirds is.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Rule of thirds? Also I wanted an artifical light source. Cause I wanted a painting like feel, which the stock was like.

Artificial lighting is something you always want to avoid. Always.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
If you were anything of a person of someone who would want to help someone, you would tell me.
if you didn't constantly expect people to spoon feed you information and treat you like an idiot, you'd google that shit.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Oh cool thanks Ken you were really a help I hope to be as great as you one day. Thanks for the link Eric.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I help people who I think deserve it. I don't help people who purposely make threads to ask something that they can find out using google because they like to be spoon fed every bonking thing that they happen to not know.

Trying to make DM active and helping the community out of its rut first starts by making threads that aren't useless and actually contribute something. Give DM something worthwhile and then maybe I'll give you proper advice.

blacKbird97

Website
areyouabreckgirl.com
I help people who I think deserve it. I don't help people who purposely make threads to ask something that they can find out using google because they like to be spoon fed every bonking thing that they happen to not know.

Trying to make DM active and helping the community out of its rut first starts by making threads that aren't useless and actually contribute something. Give DM something worthwhile and then maybe I'll give you proper advice.

You need to get over yourself.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

Oh alright, well I didn't know, cause you don't really seem like you are doing anything to help DM.

Kk_s

You give them the tools to help themselves, you don't shoot them down because you don't feel someone is worthy of your time. That is what is wrong with DM, you want this gfx community to thrive then you need to work as a community, not some high school clique by picking and choosing who you deem is worth enough to help.

Yea it is easy to google "rule of third" but it isn't difficult to explain it either. Be productive by helping out than hindering the community by this elitist attitude and "sink or swim" philosophy.

Last edited:

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
You give them the tools to help themselves, you don't shoot them down because you don't feel someone is worthy of your time. That is what is wrong with DM, you want this gfx community to thrive then you need to work as a community, not some high school clique by picking and choosing who you deem is worth enough to help.

Yea it is easy to google "rule of third" but it isn't difficult to explain it either. Be productive by helping out than hindering the community by this elitist attitude and "sink or swim" philosophy.
This^. I don't know how long you have really been around Kk_s, but this is a lot how our mod staff is too. Well not so much with tony, but tyrone yeah. It worked in certain ways, but still wasn't fair. It is like this, this section has always been like this. We have people willing to help, and others who think they are better than you, and won't give you anything. Sad really, but that is just the nature of people I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back