• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Mad Men

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i legitimately teared up during the musical number.

i've never felt gayer.

D

Deleted member 36435

im gettin kinda tired of this "man we fucked up TIME TO SELL THE AGENCY/MAKE A NEW ONE" shit

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
it's felt like kind of a cheap fail-safe to keep the main characters in a single familiar place. i'm hopeful the writers will do something more interesting w/ it this time around though.

D

Deleted member 36435

at this point it seems very shallow. hopefully "the best things in life are free" is referring to how they are all contracted for 5 years and are no longer "free." if not i can't really see how they're gonna keep interest in this final half.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
at this point it seems very shallow. hopefully "the best things in life are free" is referring to how they are all contracted for 5 years and are no longer "free."
that was the first thing i thought of too when the lyrics sank in, backed up by don's (at least semi-)distrust of the deal. plus, i just read this interview with matthew weiner where he had this to say: "I hope that people listen to the words to the song to some degree, and know that there is some bittersweetness to having all that material success. It is not really life. No one can own it." and top that off with the fact that mccann would no doubt be twirling a dastardly mustache in every scene if he had one lol.

Au revoir

[video=youtube;8n_4t7KcJsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_4t7KcJsQ[/video]
siiiiighhhhhh~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back