• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Luxu and Master of Masters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
^ Yeah all of that, basically. It would be great if they were new, unrelated characters to the main cast, but it seems unlikely. The visual similarities that we can already see in their clothing and colors hint at it too. Who knows what kind of a connection it's going to be, but it does seem the most "KH" thing to happen to have some kind of connection. It's how it's been so far, all the new characters in the previous games have ended up being closely tied to the main cast.

ok sunny

Awards
Even if they have ties to the main characters, it doesn't mean that they necessarily have to look like them, be a reincarnation, the same exact character, etc.
They could be distant ancestors to several characters, and who knows, their color pallet could just be a (fun) reference to the people that they seem related to, whether there's a real connection or none at all. I hope that's all it is, I'd much rather be introduced to a new set of interesting characters. I would be okay with having at least one of them be related to character we already know, though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I mean, the Foretellers, Luxu and MoM don't have to look EXACTLY the same as present day KH characters! There could be design and coloring differences here and there. :)

Spectre_Dia

I mean, the Foretellers, Luxu and MoM don't have to look EXACTLY the same as present day KH characters! There could be design and coloring differences here and there. :)

I agree with this. Like Luxu looking like a short haired Sora only with onyx colored hair or Invi having white hair with a violet tint.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, I mean, they already have different voice actors. We got confirmation that Vanitas and Sora had something to do with each other because they shared voice actor. Here's to hoping that the Foretellers are more than just carbon copies.

Luxu

Awards
Yeah, I mean, they already have different voice actors. We got confirmation that Vanitas and Sora had something to do with each other because they shared voice actor. Here's to hoping that the Foretellers are more than just carbon copies.

They are connected in some way, everyone is connected to Sora!

But the Foretellers should be their own appearance (Though face structure looks the same)

Knowing what Nomura has done before, he is most likely going to throw in another twist. Everyone seems to be thinking that when it comes to rebirth that Sora is the MoM or Luxu.

Royce & Mueller

If Luxu, or the Master of Masters ends up being some form of Xehanort, from the future or parallel universe or parallel future...I swear, that'll be the last straw. The point where I'm officially done with the franchise.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If Luxu, or the Master of Masters ends up being some form of Xehanort, from the future or parallel universe or parallel future...I swear, that'll be the last straw. The point where I'm officially done with the franchise.
You already have so many last straws that I'm surprised you haven't left already.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Welp, that's cool and all, because that's more than likely exactly what's going to happen lol

Honestly though I predicted this since KH3D. The idea of the Xehanort saga is the villain's origin keeps getting more complicated, so the next logical step was "Oh, he's a warrior from the Keyblade War reincarnated or something like that." If that is literally what happens, it will come as to no surprise.

Besides we're almost at KH3 and then that'll be the last entry of the Xehanort saga. Then Nomura can create a new villain to retcon in new origins for in future games :p

I'm actually crossing my fingers in hope that exactly this isn't the case.
The last thing this series needs is more of the same faces and more appearance-clones.
Well, all of Organization XIII consisted of unfamiliar faces when we first met them (even Xemnas and Roxas, who were based on people we know, look completely different from who they're supposed to be based off at least to our knowledge from KH2) So it IS possible that they are just brand new faces and I agree, I'd rather have them be new faces. Especially since the voices themselves seem to be different. But if they are familiar faces, well... I can't say I'm too surprised.

PLOT TWIST: Luxu and Master of Masters are a part of the thirteen seekers of darkness in KH3 :p
(I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the case either... really, KH3 is gonna have to try REALLY hard to surprise me at this point)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Welp, that's cool and all, because that's more than likely exactly what's going to happen lol

Honestly though I predicted this since KH3D. The idea of the Xehanort saga is the villain's origin keeps getting more complicated, so the next logical step was "Oh, he's a warrior from the Keyblade War reincarnated or something like that." If that is literally what happens, it will come as to no surprise.

Besides we're almost at KH3 and then that'll be the last entry of the Xehanort saga. Then Nomura can create a new villain to retcon in new origins for in future games :p

Well, all of Organization XIII consisted of unfamiliar faces when we first met them (even Xemnas and Roxas, who were based on people we know, look completely different from who they're supposed to be based off at least to our knowledge from KH2) So it IS possible that they are just brand new faces and I agree, I'd rather have them be new faces. Especially since the voices themselves seem to be different. But if they are familiar faces, well... I can't say I'm too surprised.

PLOT TWIST: Luxu and Master of Masters are a part of the thirteen seekers of darkness in KH3 :p
(I won't be surprised if this turns out to be the case either... really, KH3 is gonna have to try REALLY hard to surprise me at this point)

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Foretellers on the Xehanorganization. We've already gotten:

1. Master Xehanort
2. Xemnas
3. Ansem
4. Young Xehanort
5. Saix
6. Terra-Xehanort [POSSIBLY]
7. Vanitas-Ventus [POSSIBLY]

Only six more members and we've got 13. Assuming MX is either MoM or Luxu, then adding the five Foretellers and MoM/Luxu add up to the seven most powerful wielders of KHx.

Luxu

Awards
At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Foretellers on the Xehanorganization. We've already gotten:

1. Master Xehanort
2. Xemnas
3. Ansem
4. Young Xehanort
5. Saix
6. Terra-Xehanort [POSSIBLY]
7. Vanitas-Ventus [POSSIBLY]

Only six more members and we've got 13. Assuming MX is either MoM or Luxu, then adding the five Foretellers and MoM/Luxu add up to the seven most powerful wielders of KHx.

Woah not so fast kiddo. The Foretellers seem to desire the light a lot more than darkness. I would think they wouldn't go to those lengths, also knowing that they are dead. And the most powerful weilder we have seen, is most likely Luxu (Blocking one of Ava's strongest attacks with ease, that is some Sora stuff)

We have yet to officially see the MoM in combat

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Woah not so fast kiddo. The Foretellers seem to desire the light a lot more than darkness. I would think they wouldn't go to those lengths, also knowing that they are dead. And the most powerful weilder we have seen, is most likely Luxu (Blocking one of Ava's strongest attacks with ease, that is some Sora stuff)

We have yet to officially see the MoM in combat

Their desires and Xehanort's organization have no correlation. Xehanort can just seed them. And it's logical to deduce that the MoM has great skill in Keyblade wielding. Otherwise, WHO trained the Foretellers...?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It would be cool though if there were just 13 Xehanorts. All different ages. Living together, plotting the keyblade war and tackling daily challenges together. The wacky adventures of the Xehanorts. Too bad the manga isn't running anymore, spinoff material right there.

Seriously though it's going to be interesting to see what Xehanort's connection to the foretellers is, and especially why he has that ancient keyblade. Now that we have time travel introduced to the mix almost anything is possible.

Luxu

Awards
Their desires and Xehanort's organization have no correlation. Xehanort can just seed them. And it's logical to deduce that the MoM has great skill in Keyblade wielding. Otherwise, WHO trained the Foretellers...?

Their desire for light would make them not join an Organization of darkness. Well, maybe if Xehanort brought up some lie, or the MoM tells them to join. But the Foretellers are basically the Guardians of light in Chi. Also, ever think the Foretellers could have taught themselves? With the MoM just granting them the Keyblade? We hardly know anything about them. For all we know they where special to begin with.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Their desire for light would make them not join an Organization of darkness. Well, maybe if Xehanort brought up some lie, or the MoM tells them to join. But the Foretellers are basically the Guardians of light in Chi. Also, ever think the Foretellers could have taught themselves? With the MoM just granting them the Keyblade? We hardly know anything about them. For all we know they where special to begin with.

Sora's philosophy goes against Xehanort's, yet they almost seeded him. Who WOULDN'T want the Foretellers among their ranks?

You're just speculating. Fact: the Foretellers wield Keyblades. Fact: MoM give them their Keyblades and their Tomes. It's simple logic to deduce he trained them. Saying otherwise is not logic, but rather speculation.

Luxu

Awards
Sora's philosophy goes against Xehanort's, yet they almost seeded him. Who WOULDN'T want the Foretellers among their ranks?

You're just speculating. Fact: the Foretellers wield Keyblades. Fact: MoM give them their Keyblades and their Tomes. It's simple logic to deduce he trained them. Saying otherwise is not logic, but rather speculation.

How would he even bring them back? If the Foretellers are dead or something else? What can he time travel to the Chi Era by using the blade?

Xurik

Am I the only one that thinks the Master of Masters sounds just like Vanitas?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would love to have 7 new characters unattached to the current KH crew but whenever a character hides their face it seems to either be to be "enigmatic" or to hide their appearance, ala Vanitas in BBS, etc.

Also with the entire concept of KH being about connections, it seems most likely. I have a hard time believing all of their faces have been hidden for 3+ years for them to end up being totally original designs.

And with Nobodies and Replicas having "reincarnation" or "rebirth" or "alternative universe" versions of themselves really isn't so farfetched. Though, yes, it is repetitive.

However, as much as we can complain about so many copies of Sora/Kairi being in the series, admittedly they have different enough personalities for people to attach themselves to. For instance, Namine is a copy character but she's so wonderful.

Maybe it's not such a bad thing to end the saga with a similar theme.

It is precisely because we already had this so often that it is so jarring. The first time it was something fresh and "surprising", the second time it was "meh, okay" and third may be "ok, three's the magical number so I let this last one slide" but there comes a point where it is simply overdone. Revealing the Foretellers to have RKTAV's faces or something would not be an "ooh-in-amazement"-moment but just a "sigh-not-again"-moment because it is stale and b-o-r-i-n-g to a T.

The thing of these Sora/Kairi-"copies", at least when it comes to the already existing ones like Roxas and Naminé though, is that most of the games following heir initial introduction has been dedicated to establish them as their own people. The BBS trio is supposed to be already their own but is also undoubtly negatively impacted by too many forced parallels with the SRK trio. To repeat both these themes and plotlines yet again for the Xth time with the Foretellers thus really feels like a total waste of potential and story focus and if this is really the case makes me question why I should give a single shit about any of them that is not named Ephemer or Skuld.
If they want to expand on i.e. Terra's, Kairi's or Ventus' roles, use the actual characters in the present to do this and not some ancient shitty Failteller-carbon copy.

^ Yeah all of that, basically. It would be great if they were new, unrelated characters to the main cast, but it seems unlikely. The visual similarities that we can already see in their clothing and colors hint at it too. Who knows what kind of a connection it's going to be, but it does seem the most "KH" thing to happen to have some kind of connection. It's how it's been so far, all the new characters in the previous games have ended up being closely tied to the main cast.

I see it actually as a 50-50 thing so far. I do not see any definitive, palpable hints that makes something like the "Rebirth"-theory that much likely to be true.
What for similarities in clothing and colors? The Foretellers all wear formal robes and "conservative" gear, something none of the existing characters do, not even Eraqus whose clothing is conservative, but certainly not Foreteller-material and while some color schemes match superficially some don't match at all.
"All the new characters" is a bold claim as neither Eraqus nor Aqua have a "connection" that is really literal at all and out of the old Organisation there are only two, Xemnas and Roxas, who have a literal connection to "the main cast".

Of course it would not be "surprising" at all, it's stale and "been there, done that" because we already had this "twist" two times in a row.
If I had to deliberately heat up the whole issue I could even say that if they go this same process with the Foretellers and MoM/Luxu yet again the whole entire storyline and characters (except Ephemer and Skuld who DO seem to be original) of the x[chi]-era is useless and superfluous additional baggage that is unneeded.
Much of Aqua's appeal as a character comes exactly from the fact that she doesn't have overly obvious and tightly binding connections to already existing characters.

Terra (and Eraqus) certainly are also 100% opposed to Xehanort's philosophy and his thirteen bitchsons of the apocalypse and yet all hints so far somehow point towards them being forced to fight "on his side" completely against their will as well.

It is even possible that apart from Braig/Xigbar and "true" Xehanorts like Ansem SoD and Xemnas all the others of MX's cult are personally opposed to what he plans and wants but cannot go against him because Xehanort controls their bodies against their will.
They're prisoners in their own bodies (or their hearts are banished from them altogether) while Xehanort mans the pilot seat of the vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back