• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Luxord's Connection To The CoM Members and The 13th Struggle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Many of us known Luxord as the 'Gambler of Fate' whose fighting style is the same as Zexion and see fighting as a game, with the use of cards as his weapon. He also had his own type of Nobodies to control, the Gambler Nobodies but I found out that there's more to Luxord than meets the eye.

In Castle Oblivion, it is dominated by the use of cards and when entering the castle, one's memories and abilities are quantified into cards as we know it.

Once Sora or Riku begun to fight the CoM members there, with the exception of Marluxia, the song, "The 13th Struggle", is played. It is also played during the boss battle when Roxas fighting against Axel, Sora fighting against a group of Nobodies, with the help of Axel in the Betwixt Between and fighting against Luxord himself on Havoc's Divide in the Castle That Never Was. Also, when fighting against the Gambler Nobodies, the faces of the deceased members (Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia and Larxene) from CoM is seen on the face of the cards, whenever the Nobodies is swirling them while floating around. It can also be seen on one page of the Kingdom Hearts 2 Ultimania book.

Many fans had been saying about Luxord on his fighting style and suggested that he should appear in KHCoM and perfect for the card battle system.

Because of this, he could possibly be the one who suggested the idea of using cards for battling in Castle Oblivion, though it was not mentioned in any cutscenes of KH2 or KH2:FM but we can do hope it will mentioned in the future KH games.

I don't know whether someone had already made a thread about this or whether this is the right place to put but if it's already been made, that's okay. ^ ^

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Many fans had been saying about Luxord on his fighting style and suggested that he should appear in KHCoM and perfect for the card battle system.

Because of this, he could possibly be the one who suggested the idea of using cards for battling in Castle Oblivion, though it was not mentioned in any cutscenes of KH2 or KH2:FM but we can do hope it will mentioned in the future KH games.

I don't know whether someone had already made a thread about this or whether this is the right place to put but if it's already been made, that's okay. ^ ^

yeah first of all.. this isnt really the right place to put it buts its cool i guess - ive done it a few times

and secondly.. i dont think that luxord had anything to do with the card system in castle oblivion.. and i think that him having his abilities (like attacking with cards) ..and the fact that you do the same in CoM is just a coinsidence .. if you remember, the cards were the manifestations of soras memories - every one of em' .. im pretty sure that the fact that he HAD to use them in battle was merely based on the fact that castle oblivion was centered around memories ..and that memories were all that wouldve let him proceed through the castle ..axel even says it in the begging .. so yah i dont think luxord is connected at all

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, but the strange thing is why did the Gambler Nobodies' cards had the face of the deceased members from CoM and also, "The 13th Struggle" song which could possibly tell us about an Organization member struggling to battle against his or her opponent to the finish, is played during Luxord's battle against Sora. Also, have you ever notice that both Xemnas, Saix, Xigbar and Luxord are like the final bosses and the highest ranking members that Sora will face in the final battle at the Castle That Never Was, like Saix, though he is No. 7 but is respected as a second in command and Xigbar, he knows the keyblade more than any members and is the second last apprentice of Ansem to be defeated before Xemnas, the leader and Luxord could be something else.

Last edited:

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Yeah, but the strange thing is why did the Gambler Nobodies' cards had the face of the deceased members from CoM and also, "The 13th Struggle" song which could possilby tell us about an Organization member struggling to battle against his or her opponent to the finish, is played during Luxord's battle against Sora. Also, have you ever notice that both Xemnas, Saix, Xigbar and Luxord are like the final bosses and the highest ranking members that Sora will face in the final battle at the Castle That Never Was, like Saix, though he is No. 7 but is respected as a second in command and Xigbar, he knows the keyblade more than any members and is the second last apprentice of Ansem to be defeated before Xemnas, the leader and Luxord could be something else.

to be honest .. i think the reason they appear on the cards is merely to show that they are deseased and that they were connected to the organization (though sora doesnt remember it) ... i dont know what to say abuot the song cause ive never really paid attention to it

and i believe the only reason that luxord is included in the world that never was in the end along with the other 3 .. was becuase that there really wasnt any other place to kill him off (and dont say port royal cuase that shouldnt have even been in the game at all) .. and also becuase the other high ranked memebers were all defeated in CoM ... i think that if other high memebers were around at that point .. that they wouldve been there instead of him

if you think about it .. luxord had no real suggnificance in the story at all he just causes a slight bit of trouble in port royal .. and then you walk througha portal and fight him - he was never involved liked siax and axel and them .. i think he was only there becuase they meant for all the other members of the organization to be killed off before you fight xemnas and that there really wasnt ne other place to make that happen with luxord until then ..lol it might jjust be me .. but i think he was the least important memeber of the organization and served absolutly no use to the story line

Last edited:

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't have the pics but it is shown on a page in the Kingdom Hearts 2 Ultimania Booklet that the 5 deceased members of CoM make an appearance as cards of the Gambler Nobodies, other than the flashbacks and in the journal.

You have to play KH2 and fight against the Gambler Nobodies and this time, press the SELECT button for a close up view and look at the Nobodies when they're swirling the cards (in which the reaction command, Begin Game appears, I suggest you don't press the triangle button) and whenever the Nobodies start to floating around and shuffling their cards, as they try to get away from you. The faces of the CoM members are clearly seen from the face of the cards....so far these are what appeared on their cards (Vexen, Lexaeus, a Nobody Symbol, Larxene and Marluxia's) Seriously, I can't seem to see Zexion face on any of those cards, since he could be rarely seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back