• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Lunar's House of One-Shots and Shorts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
So, I recently wrote two short stories and I figured why not post them on here. While i'm at it, when I decide to write more shorts when i'm not working on main projects, I'll have this here thread to post them in. I hope they are enjoyable.

So here we go:

Lunchtime (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

MadoMami. "If she had to choose a time of the school day that she liked the most, Madoka would always choose lunch."

Lunchtime was Madoka's favorite time of the school day.

It wasn't that she didn't like going to school and learning about different things of course, that was all well and good, but lunch was when she got to hang out with her best friends in the world. Lunch was when the magical girls got together and hung out, ate good food and enjoyed each other's company. Sayaka would always bring extra and Kyoko would always sneak up even though she didn't go to school there and technically wasn't allowed on campus just to nab what she wanted out of it. Mami would smile and offer desserts and Homura would try to be cold and aloof but eventually be dragged over at Madoka's insistence and have this small smile on her face as she's included in the banter and fun.

Today Madoka had made a pound cake for Mami (with lots of help from her papa) to show the older girl just how much she appreciated her. She'd spent all morning nervous about what the dessert making expert of the group would think and had convinced herself that she had botched the entire thing up and it was only Sayaka confiscating the box the sweet was housed in that saved it from being tossed away.

"Mami is going to love it." The blue haired girl said firmly "No matter what it tastes like."

That had mollified the pink haired girl somewhat right up until lunchtime when she was standing in front of the blonde, box held out and stuttering in a way she had never done before.

Madoka hated being so nervous and shy all of the sudden.

"I just…I thought you'd like it because you love cake and…and you're always there to help us when we..when we need you and we all appreciate that." Madoka said. Sayaka and Kyoko looked on with knowing grins on their faces and Homura looked impassive, arms crossed. Mami stared at the box with wide eyes, gingerly taking it from the smaller girl and opening it.

"Madoka.." she whispered.

"Papa helped me make it because I'm not quite good at making cakes just yet." Madoka said, fighting the urge to wring her hands.

Mami smiled at her as she placed the box down and moved forward, enveloping Madoka in a hug. The other girl stiffened for a moment before slowly relaxing into it, returning the embrace as the butterflies in her stomach subsided and gave way to another, warmer feeling.

"Thank you." Mami whispered in her ear and then kissed her on the cheek, quite close to her lips.

Madoka blushed a deep red but was quite pleased nonetheless.

"You're welcome." She smiled.

The two broke apart and Madoka kept her smile all throughout lunch as she watched Homura hover, Sayaka tease and Kyoko trying her best to steal Mami's pound cake, which made Madoka laugh.

But the best part of it all was the warm look of affection that entered Mami's eyes every time she looked over at her.

Next is: Deserving (Naruto)

NaruSaku. "Sakura tries to do the right thing. Naruto's not having any of it. He hates it when she's miserable after all."

"But I don't understand.."

It pained me to see the hurt in his eyes, eyes that normally danced with good cheer and never failed to cheer me up just by looking into them. But this is for the best, I know it. I can't hurt her, not Hinata. She's been through enough.

"She loves you. I…can't."

Naruto shook his head in denial, refusing my words.

"And you think I can love her? Just like that? You think I can just forget about what I feel for you and go on with my life living a lie?" His voice rose with each word as he grew more and more furious at the very idea of it.

"It's better this way!" I snapped

"For who?!"

"For her! And you too! She's always been watching you, always silently cheering you on, always hoping that you'll succeed! All I've done is belittle you and hurt you over and over again" I chocked on the last word, guilt rising up in my chest as I remember our early genin days. All those times I hit him.. Called him a dumbass..

"Sakura…" Naruto's voice changed, it turned contemplating. He was thinking. I shut my eyes, waiting for him to tell me I was right. Waiting for him to choose Hinata like everyone knows he should…

"Your an idiot."

My eyes shot open "What?!"

Naruto laughed, staring at me with a warm smile on his face that made my stomach flip.

"You're my first and last love." He said, shaking his head, smile never leaving his face "You're one of my first bonds too. So what if you used to hit me a lot? We were kids. I did dumbshit things that probably earned me a whack upside the head or two."

The smile faded and he adopted his serious face "Hinata may have watched me from far away, but she never came and spoke to me. Never offered to be my friend. Nothing against her!" He quickly amended "it's just I could have been happy a lot sooner if she had just bucked up a little. Hinata is my friend and nothing will ever change that, but the idea that she's entitled to me is retarded and I won't let you make yourself miserable thinking it!"

He stepped forward, putting his hands on my shoulders and staring deep into my eyes

"I told you once that I hate people who lie to themselves."

"Naruto.."

"What kind of Hokage in training would I be if I let you start?"

Whatever I was going to say died in my throat as he leaned in and kissed me. It was clumsy and he clearly didn't have much practice but it was passionate. It was filled with determination. He was rejecting my rejection and a part of me was elated, a small part that grew bigger and bigger as I returned the kiss with as much passion as I could.

I loved him. He loved me. We were going to be together and no one would change that.

I wasn't going to lie to myself anymore.

***​

Here's a link to the other shorts:

Just another Tuesday

Bedtime Stories

Glass Therapy

Super Emergency One on One Tutoring!

Triggers

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Romance and Other Shorts

I loved how cute and innocent Madoka is with her obvious infatuation for Mami. I really like seeing the two shipped together. It never really occurred to me they could make an ideal match. Madoka Magica for the world. You did a brilliant job in keeping them in character. :) I also like seeing Homura be apart of the group as well.

I'm also surprised to see a Naruto and Sakura short. It's rare to see them shipped together nowadays with the canon. I thought it was really nice how it played out. Naruto's reasoning really won me over and I'm happy for Sakura overall. Finally, she's in better hands than anyone else she could've ended up with. I look forward to any more shorts you make, Lunar. And nicely done writing them btw.

Lunarmaster54

Awards

Thanks Skitty :D

I loved how cute and innocent Madoka is with her obvious infatuation for Mami. I really like seeing the two shipped together. It never really occurred to me they could make an ideal match. Madoka Magica for the world. You did a brilliant job in keeping them in character. :) I also like seeing Homura be apart of the group as well.

They're one of my otps :) I just think a relationship between the pair would be so adorable because their personalities mesh really well together (and it just seems like there is chemistry between them when they are together on screen)

I'm glad I was able to keep them in character! That was actually my first Madoka fic and I wasn't too sure.

I think in another time and place all five of them could get along pretty well, even Homura :) Although it may be tricky at first since she's not particularly fond of Mami (as implied in the series and stated in Rebellion). Hmm. I might write something about that actually.

I'm also surprised to see a Naruto and Sakura short. It's rare to see them shipped together nowadays with the canon. I thought it was really nice how it played out. Naruto's reasoning really won me over and I'm happy for Sakura overall. Finally, she's in better hands than anyone else she could've ended up with. I look forward to any more shorts you make, Lunar. And nicely done writing them btw.

Well I loathe hate can't stand tolerate the ending and it's pairings (and the less said about The Last the better it is on my blood pressure). Some of it is because of the ships and some of it is because of how OOC Naruto himself is. I really think he and Sakura would have been a better match and at the same time I don't like the idea of needlessly villainizing Hinata. So I figured I'd write something and try to stick to how it would go in a post canon setting. I'm glad that you liked it!

Also, here is a new short. This one is from a cartoon called Star vs The Forces of Evil that's on Disney XD. There's only one episode out (it was shown on the 18th) and there won't be any more until March 30th but I watched it and immediately adored it so here we are :)

(if you haven't seen it please click the link above and watch the 40 second intro to have an idea about what Marco and Star look like)

So without further ado:

Just another Tuesday

Another day, another Ludo attack. This time though, the aftermath is a little different.

It was just a typical day.

Which was a little sad since just last week this would be considered the most dangerous thing he had ever done.

"MARRRRRCOOOOO!" Jackie’s scream echoed in his head as he charged forward, fists flying as he brought down anything that stood between him and the monster holding the crush of his life captive. Star Butterfly, resident princess from another dimension and the cause of this monster attack, was behind him, zapping things with her wand and filling the area with rainbows and deceptively bright, gleeful colors that actually brought pain and hurt down on any evil they touched.

The two made a pretty decent team.

"You can’t fight forever Star Butterfly!" Ludo (the evil king that came to earth in order to steal Star’s wand to rule the universe) cackled from the sidelines, letting his hired muscle (a large, angry looking, ice breathing Panda creature named Billy) do his dirty work for him.

Billy held Jackie in an iron grip, seemingly immune to Marco’s barrage of punches. The brunette had quieted, scared stiff, and the panda backhanded Marco, sending him flying a few feet and landing hard on his back.

"Hey Star?" He called out to his best friend "A little magical help please?"

"You got it!" The ever cheerful blonde pointed her wand at Billy "SHINING RAINBOW ANTI GRAVITY BURST!!"

There was a blinding flash of purple light and suddenly everyone on the block started to rise up into the sky. Civilians, who had been watching the battle in fascination, started screaming in fear as they tried to get back on solid ground to no avail. Ludo was trying to keep a hold of his skull crown and Marco did his best to maneuver himself over to a completely freaked out Jackie. Billy had let go of her to wail and flail about.

"I’M AFRAID OF HEIGHHHHTS!" The Panda warrior’s voice was loud and high pitched while Ludo slapped his forehead in exasperation.

"Of COURSE you are."

Meanwhile, Marco had heroically gathered Jackie into his arms, hugging the brunette close partly because this was a golden opportunity to do so and partly because he wasn’t particularly fond of heights either.

"Not that I don’t love floating high up in the sky or anything," he called out to Star, who was doing flips and loop de loops and thoroughly enjoying herself, "but do you think you could put us back down?"

"Okay!" Star waved her wand enthusiastically and everyone began to slowly drift back down to earth…for all of a few seconds before everyone dropped painfully onto the ground.

Star bounced up onto her feet looking for Billy eagerly and growing disappointed upon seeing the mighty mercenary curled up in the fetal position and crying for his mother. She looked around instead for her best friend, spotting him lying on the ground underneath a girl with short brown hair and eyes named Jackie.

"Marco!" She moved to help him up, ignoring Ludo as he took Billy and hastily retreated "Marco are you-"

"Thanks for breaking my fall Marco." Jackie looked down at the boy with a smile and he coughed, giving her a shaky grin

"No…no problem." He would have winked at her but he was rather sore at the moment.

The two slowly got to their feet, staring into each other’s eyes.

"Marco?" Star moved forward a step, hand stretched out but he didn’t look at her, too busy trying to think of something cool to say. A witty one liner that Jackie would remember for the rest of the day. Nothing came to mind.

"Your bleeding!" Jackie’s eyes widened as she looked him over. Marco blinked in confusion as blood dribbled down from his forehead.

"I can fix that!" Star bounced excitedly and raised her wand "SPARKLING…"

"Let’s get you to a doctor." Jackie took his hand and Marco got a dreamy, doe eyed expression as she lead him away. Star Butterfly watched them go, arm falling down limply to her side as her chest tightened up. Smile morphing into a frown.

She was sad.

But she didn’t know why.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

After watching the short cartoon skit, it was ten times easier to envision Marco and Star. It's a little sad seeing the happy go lucky girl deflate at the sight of her best friend leaving with his crush. I guess he's caught up in a love triangle without knowing it. I hope Star eventually makes her feelings known or simply hangs back, enjoying their friendship instead. Great update though! :D

Lunarmaster54

Awards

Thanks KK! :D

I wrote a new One-Shot :) It's Kingdom Hearts related this time!

Bedtime Stories​
As far as Selphie is concerned, you are never too old for bedtime stories. Oneshot.

“So you’re saying that Santa Claus is REAL?!”

Selphie’s voice had risen from a normal indoor tone to a loud, outside one as Sora paused in his retelling of his adventures in Halloween Town.

“Shhhh!” he hissed, placing a finger up against his lips “If mom hears you we’re both gonna be in trouble!”

Sora was grounded, so that means he isn’t allowed to have friends over to hang out with. Riku and Kairi were apologetically turned away at the door and if Selphie happened to eat over (she was currently the only one able to sweet talk her way to the dinner table whenever she wanted to) she was to leave right after the dishes were cleaned. Sometimes she got away with an excuse like helping Sora with his homework (although since Sora was getting bad about not doing said homework this particular excuse wasn’t working as well as it used to) but mostly the brunette had to be on her way.

Even when Sora wasn’t grounded for school related transgressions he most certainly was not allowed to have girls in his room past nine. Apparently it wasn’t proper his mom says. Sora doesn’t think that’s fair because it’s not like the two are doing anything or even interested in each other in such risqué ways but he was easily overruled. Even a keyblade master had to listen to his mother.

Currently it was eleven pm and Selphie’s parents were off on some business meeting and wouldn’t be back until the next day. Selphie considered sleeping over at Kairi’s house because she hated being in the house all by herself for the whole night but she figured she’d enjoy herself more by dragging out hero stories from Sora. So after dinner at Kairi’s she had gotten her things, shimmied up the tree near Sora’s room window and snuck right in. Sora’s protests were ignored as she decided to make herself a fort of pillows and blankets in his closet while convincing him that no his mother would not find out about this and yes it IS silly to think she’ll throw the poor boy out onto the street.

“But you MET Santa?! Fat guy, red clothes, reindeer and presents? THE Santa Clause??” Selphie bounced excitedly from her spot on Sora’s bed (completely out in the open and not caring in the slightest about whether or not she’d make it safely to her fortress of softness in time if Sora’s mom poked her head in to see what all the fuss is about).

“Yes, it was him all right.” Sora said from his own spot, shooting a fearful look at his bedroom door. He hated doing dishonest things. This was worse than that time in grade school when Riku convinced him it was a good idea to help him steal candy from the good noodle rewards jar!

Selphie giggled “and you said he wasn’t real. I thought Santa was just a story for little kids?”

Riku was very persuasive. “Apparently we were wrong. On top of that it landed me on the naughty list!” Sora looked put out about it too.

“No wonder you always get coal and rocks on Christmas morning!” Selphie with a wicked grin.

“Not this year!” Sora puffed out his chest “I saved Christmas and even helped Santa make presents! He uses a present launcher to shoot toys into the right boxes at lightspeed!”

Selphie looked disbelieving.

“Okay, maybe not light speed.” Sora amended.

“Saved Christmas huh?” Selphie raised an eyebrow and curled up on the covers, catlike.

“You bet! There was a mysterious figure stealing presents and so it was up to me to find out who the culprit was!” Sora said heroically “Jack, Donald, Goofy and I hid in a giant box to lure out the gift napper and it was a tight squeeze. Donald kept stepping on my toes. But we heard rumbling footsteps and we leapt out of the box, weapons out and ready to bash whoever it was that dared mess with Christmas.”

“Who was it? That bug sack guy?”

“Oogie? No not him. It was this big metal monster that Dr. Finkelstein created!”

Selphie wrinkled her nose in quiet disgust “You mean that guy that’s always scratching his brain?”

“The very same!” Sora nodded “His Experiment wanted to know what the happiness of Christmas felt like so it snatched up presents, assuming that the presents are what brought the happy. We had to beat it up because naturally it tried to kill us when we leapt out of the box-”

“I would too if you scared me like that.”

“-but Jack and I learned all about the meaning of what real presents were. It’s not about what’s inside of the box at all, what matters are the feelings in your heart.” Sora finished, a wistful smile on his face. He missed Halloween Town. He hoped that Jack and everyone else was doing okay.

“That’s so sweet!” Selphie sighed “and it even makes up for all of the terrible presents you’ve gotten me over the years.”

Sora’s jaw dropped “Your presents were just fine!”

“You got me a rock once.”

“It was a shiny rock and I thought since you really liked shiny things and because it was bigger than your average rock…”

“Sora? Who are you talking to?” his mom’s voice came through the bedroom door and Sora jumped a foot in the air, horrified. Selphie scrambled and hid under Sora’s blankets as the door opened and Sora’s mom poked her head in, narrowing her eyes at her son as he smiled at her nervously.

“Me? Talking? I’m not talking to anyone at all! Whatever would give you that idea mom? You must just be hearing things ahahahah.” When he was scared he tended to talk faster than he normally did. His mom simply looked at him suspiciously, head wrapped in a pink bath towel that made her look even more menacing for some reason.

It was a tense moment as Sora tried his very best to look innocent and prayed to all the gods on Olympus that his mother didn’t notice Selphie shift behind him and that he was just imagining the knowing glint in her eyes that looked so much like his.

She finally relaxed, shaking her head “Try to get a goodnight’s sleep okay honey?”

“Of course mom.” Sora nodded “I love you.”

A warm smile. She’d never realized how much she had missed hearing her boy say that until she’d spent a year without him “I love you too Sora.”

The door closed and Sora sagged in relief.

“Okay Selphie, I think it’s time for us to go to bed.” Sora whispered, careful this time to keep his voice as low as he could. Selphie however didn’t stir. Sora stared at the lump under his covers, perplexed.

“Selphie?”

Then he heard it. A light snore. Apparently it was very comfortable under those blankets because Selphie had dropped right off to sleep!

“Aww Selphie come on! This is my bed!” Sora protested. The lump didn’t move an inch. Sora sighed, dragging himself off the bed and towards the closet where Selphie had made her nest. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too uncomfortable. He had just settled himself in and hugged a pillow as he started counting moogles when he heard a whisper.

“Goodnight Sora.”

The room was dimly lit, his nightlight probably needed a new bulb, but even still he could see a pair of mischievous green eyes staring at him from the comfort of his bed.

Not that he could ever bring himself to be mad at the girl of course.

“Goodnight Selphie.” He replied with a sigh. Selphie giggled and Sora slowly started to count moogles again with a little smile on his face.

A/N: I feel like Sora and Selphie would have a really great friendship :)

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Woot! A new one-shot! :D

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard at the 'good noodle jar'. The enthusiasm between Sora and Selphie was warming to the heart; I couldn't agree more that they'd have an outstanding friendship. Perhaps getting into some mischief together. I think it's really sweet Selphie would spend sometime with Sora and listen to him talk about Santa Claus. I like how Sora describes Dr. Frankenstein too. You can tell how much Sora cares about the people he's saved too. And I thought that was a nice touch with Sora and his mom too. You did fantastic, Lunar. I felt like this should be canon in the KH universe.

Lunarmaster54

Awards
I'm glad you liked it KK :) I love the idea of Sora and Selphie being close like that, I feel like her and the other island kids are underused...

Anyways here's a new thing!

Glass Therapy

Oneshot. Sakura Centric

It was a sunny day in Konoha.

She sat at a window in her room, alone with nothing but her thoughts and a bottle of sake for company. The house was spotless. It was always spotless because she was always cleaning and keeping things tidy. Work kept her mind busy and the only things she had to worry about were what was dirty and how to fix it. Sarada was at school, learning about how to become a ninja and more than likely arguing with Boruto about something or another. It would be a while before she got home, more than enough time for this.

Green eyes stared into the liquid inside her cup. Her teacher loved the drink, always downed it like water whenever she could. “Therapy in a glass!” Tsunade would cheerfully, drunkenly, shout before raising her glass and throwing it back. At the time her apprentice thought it was funny, just another quirk about her esteemed mentor. She was allowed to have a dysfunction right? She was the mighty Tsunade and could heal practically any injury. Who cared what she did in her time off?

The pink haired woman raised her glass before quickly emptying the cup. The alcohol used to make her cough and splutter when she did this. Now it went down smooth after months of practice. The best part was it didn’t even take too long to start its magical work. She could already feel herself growing sluggish.

If she drank enough she could forget that her husband didn’t love her.

Enough shots and she could imagine that Sasuke had come to the village to stay and that everything he’d ever done prior to this, that was just him hiding how he really felt about her. When he said thank you it meant that he’d be back to see her because she had wormed her way into his heart. They’d get married and have kids and the past, the times he’d tried to kill her, would all fade away into the darkest corners of their memory.

Another shot. Then another one in quick succession. To this day she remembered the crazed look in his eyes when he tried to ram a chidori through her after she utterly failed to kill him. She could feel his hand around her throat, crushing it as lightning crackled and darkness entered the edges of her vision. If Naruto had not shown up…where would she be right now? Would her name be on the memorial stone?

She burped and poured herself another glass. This one to push away the memory of Sasuke and Karin appearing in the village one day years ago, baby in hand. Sasuke felt like he couldn’t properly raise it so he was giving her to someone he could trust. She couldn’t say no to him. She could never say no to him. So she agreed, on the condition that he married her. If she was going to raise his child then that means he was going to marry her and they’d be a family. He had…reluctantly…agreed. Three days and a quiet ceremony later and the deed was done. Naruto hadn’t been pleased. Not that he was genuinely pleased with anything anymore but that day he’d worn a glare on his face as he oversaw the ceremony and heard them both say I do. Was it because he’d worked so hard to keep Sasuke in the village but failed? Was it because he still loved her? But no, absurd. He was in love with Hinata. Another shot, this one to stop that train of thought and so she wouldn’t dwell on the bitterness that was ever-present in the eyes of the seventh Hokage. He’d achieved his dream, he was happy.

Shot number six. Because Sasuke had sworn to come back, yet she hadn't seen him in years. She had to stop soon. Her…his…daughter would be home soon and the poor girl didn’t need to see her like this. Sarada already knew too much about her stepmother as it is. She always seemed to be around when the loan sharks came and demanded the payments on the house. Payments that were coming fewer and farther in between. The hospital didn’t provide very many hours during peace time and babies were expensive. Getting another job was out of the question since she was always on call and when she cracked and started looking that’s when the hospital would summon her. Another shot so she wouldn’t dwell on how stupid it was that a hospital in a ninja village would be practically empty all of the time. Just a side effect of the peace that fourth shinobi world war had brought.

Crash.

Ho..How did she get on the floor? She couldn’t even remember standing up.

“Mom?”

Shit.

Sarada looked down at her mother, school bag held loosely in her arms. Her charcoal eyes were narrowed and cold.

“You shouldn’t drink in the middle of the afternoon.” She said.

Sakura tried to stand up, she really did. But for whatever reason her body wouldn’t obey her, she just wound up slamming her head against the windowsill and going back down. Although on the plus side, she landed near the sake bottle on the floor. It spilled though..damn. Perfectly good sake gone to waste.

Footsteps told her Sarada had gone up the stairs, used to her mother being in this state. Funny. Sakura never remembered Sarada catching her drunk. She reached for the bottle and rolled over on her back after grabbing it.

There wasn’t much left, might as well finish it. Drain the bottle and she wouldn’t have to see mini Karin. Drain the bottle and she’d have something to clean when she woke up because vomit stunk up the house worse than anything. An empty bottle was a ticket to a world where her daughter wasn’t disgusted by her and lonely without her dad. They’d all be together and happy. Naruto would be there too, smiling a real smile and standing behind Kakashi and his wheelchair. Team Seven.

She just wanted Team Seven back. Was that too much to ask? Was it too much to want to go back to a time without kids and Karin? Hinata and fake marriages? To be kids again going on missions and learning the art of being shinobi from their crazy teacher who always wore a mask?

Sakura emptied the bottle and fell into an inky darkness.

Transferred over to a world where she finally had a happy ending.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You're welcome, Lunar. I couldn't agree more about how underused they all are in KH.

Oh boy, you've heard the news too. This was actually kind of depressing because, it hit the nail dead center. I like how you captured Sakura spiraling down into depression with a glass of sake. I can't decide who to pity more. Sarada without a father figure and stuck with a drunk Sakura. Or Sakura without a man who loves her and happens to be passed out on the floor because, Sarada couldn't lift a finger to prevent it. Seriously, this is just sad. However, I think the fourth shinobi war bringing peace and effecting Sakura's job was a brilliant idea; it'd be a plausible explanation for the house she lives in and still hasn't paid off.

Overall, this was a great one-shot. :) Definitely a lot of fun to read!

Lunarmaster54

Awards
New thing!

Super Emergency One on One Tutoring!​

A MadoMami drabble​

Mami Tomoe could be very intimidating when she wanted to be.

Madoka had seen it when the two were facing down enemies or when Mami and Homura got into a particularly nasty spat, but up until this very moment, Mami’s ire had never been aimed in her direction.

She shivered. She couldn’t say she liked it very much.

“A sixteen?” the blonde haired leader crossed her arms as she stared down her friend “You got a sixteen on your math test?”

In Madoka’s defense it was rather hard to study when she had to deal with night time patrols to make sure Wraith weren’t causing harm to the innocent. Normally it wasn’t too bad because the girls worked in shifts so that way everyone could get plenty of rest just in case something bigger came along that required all of them at once. This week though the Wraith were growing in number and attacking more and more frequently. On top of that Kyoko was sick after eating some sort of food that didn’t agree with her so that meant more frequent shifts for the other three girls. On top of that Homura was acting suspicious and Madoka needed to keep a sharp eye on the raven haired girl to make sure she didn’t try anything.

After the whole ripping-Madoka-out-of-heaven-then-crippling-her-and-taking-over-the-universe thing had been reversed and a compromise struck that didn’t involve a ruthless, public and humiliating execution (Sayaka had been very hard to talk down)or Madoka continuing to be a concept unable to actually live with her family and friends (Homura and surprising Mami had been equally difficult to talk down and it was currently the only thing the two girls could agree on) , Homura had been allowed to stay around Mitakihara after having her powers stripped away from her and making her just an ordinary human once more.
Granted, an ordinary human who knew about and kept trying to get in touch with Kyubey but Madoka wasn’t having any of that, ironically enough. The little white furball had been ejected from the city and Homura wasn’t actually allowed to leave said city unless Madoka was with her. She was a very forgiving person true, but she wasn’t stupid. Homura didn’t need the ability to wish for anything her heart desired, Madoka liked her memories intact and untampered with thank you very much.

“Madoka!” Mami’s sharp voice snapped the young goddess out of her musings. She smiled sheepishly.

“I’m sorry?”

Mami looked unconvinced. She was actually quite a stickler about good grades. They had their whole lives ahead of them and she demanded that they do the best they could in school so that they could get a good job later on and live comfortably. A sixteen didn’t fall into the ‘well I did my best’ category.

“You’re going to come here every day after school and I’m going to tutor you.” Mami said sternly.

Madoka didn’t see how spending extra time with her ex mentor was a horrifying punishment but wisely decided to keep such thoughts to herself because she didn’t want to jinx it and then be forced to study at school in study hall instead like poor Kyoko.

Madoka hated study hall.

“Okay.” She nodded.

“Maybe even on weekends!” Mami was pacing now and Madoka watched her interestedly as her hair drills bounced. She looked pretty adorable when she got all worked up like this.

“Actually no! Especially weekends! If you’re getting sixteens then it’s obviously going to take Super Emergency One on One tutoring to get your grades up!” Mami said decisively.

“You mean Sayaka, Kyoko and Nagisa won’t be visiting?” Madoka asked curiously.

“No!” Mami shook her head “It’s just you and me! All weekend! For as long as it takes!”

Well if that’s the case then Madoka figured getting laughably low grades might just become a habit of hers.

“Because getting bad grades shouldn’t be a habit!” Mami unknowingly echoed the younger girl’s thoughts as she paced “I love you too much to watch you flunk out of school!”

“Love?” Madoka raised her eyebrows in shock while Mami turned red and started to pace faster.

“I mean It..it’s only natural that feelings like this start forming after all we’ve been through together.” Mami said “Out of everyone you always make me smile widest and you promised that you wouldn’t leave me and you’ve changed the world, how can I not start liking you..in that way…especially now that we can live peacefully together and you just make me so happy…”

Mami’s voice wavered before it strengthened again after she took a deep breath

“...and as my most important person I can’t just sit around idly while you do terribly in your classes. I won’t let you live a life of squalor because you failed school and therefore I’m going to do whatever it takes to help you pass!”
Madoka stared at Mami wide eyed.

“Do I make myself clear?” Mami stopped right in front of Madoka, hands on her hips and trying to look stern and intimidating like earlier but the nervousness was clear in her eyes. Madoka smiled wickedly and pounced, hugging the blonde close as the two fell onto the couch close by. How could Mami even entertain the thought that Madoka wouldn’t feel the exact same way about her?

“Crystal.” Madoka said cheerfully.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I feel like swooning after reading this, Lunar. It was a fantastic surprise to see Madoka and Mami be the center of attention in this one-shot. It'd be so hard for me to ship Madoka with anyone in particular but, I think she'd go perfectly with Mami. Quite sweet of Mami to care so much about Madoka's grades like that and want to help her pass. And I absolutely love, love that this follows after what happened with Homura trying to take over the universe. I'm somewhat surprised they'd turn her back into an ordinary human being and find it hard to believe they could keep Kyubey from getting in contact with her but, it's cool that he can't interfere with their lives right now. Definitely a favorite one-shot of mine right now too. :D

Lunarmaster54

Awards
I'm glad you liked it so much KK :D

Oh he'd for sure find a way to get in contact with her in a longer piece but for right now he's doing other things :) Also in one of the spinoffs the protagonists do manage to keep him banned from the city so I figured that Madoka could do that, but much better since she's so powerful.

I don't think Madoka will want to kill Homura if she can figure out another way to solve the problem so I figured making her normal again will work out, plus it'll give her time to repent!

Anyways thanks for the review^^

Lunarmaster54

Awards
*blows dust off thread*

Triggers

She stuck out for some reason and for the life of her Madoka couldn’t figure out why.

She was older than her, an upperclassman and a rather pretty one at that. She had blonde hair styled in drills that bounced when she walked, her eyes seemed to shine when she talked to friends and every time Madoka saw her walking down the hallways in school her heart would start pounding.

She was fascinated with this girl she didn’t even know why.

Madoka hadn’t been back from America for very long, a month or so at best, and she was having trouble sliding back into the lifestyle she had before she left the city three years ago. Back then things were easy, back then she’d wake up in the morning, have a nice breakfast with her family and then walk to school with her two best friends in the world, Sayaka and Hitomi. She’d go through school, hang out with them for a bit after school, and then head home to do homework and spend time with her family before repeating the process the next day. It was a cozy routine that had been shattered when Madoka had been forced to move away. Now Hitomi had a boyfriend that she walked to school with and Sayaka was busy either arguing with Kyouko, bantering with Kyouko, shooting poisonous looks at the nurse’s aide, or staring out of the window with a faraway look in her eyes. So Madoka took to wandering the halls when she had free time and that’s what lead her to where the upperclassman resided. Where she resided.

Madoka wanted to say hi to the mysterious blonde, she wanted nothing more than to go over there and strike up some sort of conversation with her. To be friends with her. A smaller part of her mind wouldn’t mind being a bit more than that but that part was quickly hushed. For one reason or another Madoka was drawn to this girl and it hurt her heart that she couldn’t make herself go over there. But why would someone as graceful and beautiful as this blonde have anything to do with someone as plain and average as her? It wasn’t like Madoka had anything about her that stood out and made people go wow she sure is neat! She was a nobody who didn’t have the greatest of grades or was any good at sports or was even particularly popular. There wasn’t anything she could do to change that. Part of Madoka was convinced that they would get along like water and oil, that the upperclassman would very quickly grow bored of her. What would they even talk about? But another part of her, the part that whispered she wasn’t as worthless as she thought she was, was convinced this girl in front of her wouldn’t care if she was boring or bad at everything or just a plain vanilla underclassman. The two sides fought each other as Madoka kept seeking out the object of her fascination day after day, trying to work up the courage to just go over there and say hello.

It won’t hurt anything. It was a typical Wednesday and Madoka felt like maybe today was the day she’d go over and introduce herself. Her confident side was overruling her negative side and her face was getting a little hot as she tried to think up a few conversation starters. Weather? No no, who was interested in that? Schoolwork? Maybe, but what if the other girl didn’t even like school? Sayaka certainly didn’t like talking about the place when they weren’t actually there. Then something came to her, something seemingly random but the moment it crossed her mind Madoka knew that’s the topic that she’d use to break the ice.

Cooking.

Plan set Madoka moved forward and when she did the blonde just so happened to catch sight of her from across the hallway. Their eyes met and Madoka’s breath caught in her throat because she knew this girl. Judging by the flash of emotion in the other girl’s eyes the feeling wasn’t just something Madoka was having. In fact the girl started to move towards her as well. Madoka’s pace quickened as thoughts began to buzz around her head. Scattered pieces of memories and feelings that shouldn’t belong to her but for some reason they did.

Will you really stay with me?

But then I met you, Mami. And you showed me what it's like to stand up for people and really help them.
Well, let's say I'm glad you're going into it with that spirit.

You're right. I'm not alone

It was strange. The hallway wasn’t a very long one but it seemed like no matter how many steps they took towards each other, the distance between Madoka and the upperclassman never seemed to change.

And then, when I found out that I might be able to do the same thing, I don't think I've been happier in my life.

Oh, look at this. It isn't the sort of behavior you'd expect from a role model, is it?

A celebration to announce the two of us becoming….

I'll remember her. I'll never forget her. Never! I promise!

I see. Mami Tomoe's lucky. She'd be happy to hear that. How I envy her.

This wasn’t just some random girl. Madoka knew that now for an absolute fact. This girl, she was important. So very important to her.

Madoka, do you realize how scary that wish you made was?

Sort of.

You're not just giving us back our hope, but you're becoming hope itself; the hope of magical girls everywhere.

I can’t look uncool in front of my magical girl trainees

If someone ever tells me it's a mistake to have hope, well then I'll just tell them they're wrong and I'll keep telling them until they believe; no matter how many times it takes.

This girl put her on a different path. A path that Madoka could walk with her head held high, a path that would make her into something that she so desperately wanted to be. Madoka didn’t know how it was possible but the two of them had met before, had formed a bond. Madoka wanted it back, she wanted to know this girl again. Her heart screamed for it and in unison the girls were running towards each other, just how long was this hallway?!

I found someone who's willing to fight by my side from now on!

Yes. If someone like me will do.

….a magical girl duo!

Time stopped.

Everything seemed to freeze and the world took on a gray tint as Madoka suddenly stumbled and fell. The blonde was unmoving, her hand outstretched towards Madoka, her golden eyes wide with anguish and longing.

“I should have seen this coming.”

An emotionless voice sounded from behind her and Madoka slowly rose to her feet, tearing her eyes away from the frozen girl to see just who it was that had spoken.

It was Homura.

But her eyes were glowing with a purple light that sent shivers down Madoka’s spine. She took a step back and Homura frowned, a look of hurt flashing across her face before her eyes moved over to the girl behind Madoka. The hurt was replaced with disgust.

“Your memories are resilient.” Homura said quietly, moving towards Madoka. It was almost like she was gliding. Madoka took a deep breath, fighting down the alien feeling of fear that had risen inside of her. She didn’t have any reason to be afraid of Homura. Did she?

“The smallest of triggers will open the floodgates and send them all rushing back to you.” Homura spoke again, moving around Madoka and coming to a stop in front of her companion “Of course, this isn’t exactly a small trigger.”

“Homura..” Madoka’s voice caught in her throat as another memory injected itself into her mind’s eye. Homura grabbing her, Homura telling her that she’d been waiting for this moment. Pain.

Horrible pain.

“Homura… why?” tears filled Madoka’s eyes as she remembered. Homura clearly noticed and sighed, looking resigned.

“It was the only way to save you.”

“I didn’t want to be saved!”

Homura shook her head, looking over at Mami with something like disdain in her eyes.

“She always got to you first.” Homura whispered “In almost every loop, almost every timeline, I could never stop her from getting to you. From filling your mind with false promises. No matter how hard I tried I was never as important to you as Mami Tomoe.”

“That’s not true!” Madoka snapped “You were my best friend! You were just as irreplaceable to me as Mami! You still can be!”

Homura scoffed “All I have to do is drop the barrier right? Let things go back to the way they were before?”

Madoka bit her lip, the answer to the question in her eyes. Homura closed hers, face set in a cold denial.

“It’s clear to me now,” Homura opened her eyes again, a determination in them born from countless months of reliving the same hellish sequence of events over and over again, a determination to protect Madoka from the things that she viewed as wrong. The darkness that existed in the universe that Madoka should never have to face “things haven’t changed.”

“Homura..”

“As long as you even so much as look at Mami Tomoe you’ll resist me.” Homura said “If she’s in your life then it will be impossible for you to be happy, to be safe.”

It suddenly dawned on Madoka where Homura was going with this.

“Homura.” A note of warning entered her voice, a divine light starting to shine in her eyes.

“No matter where you go, no matter what life you lead, Mami Tomoe is a venom that will cause your everything to crash all around you. It’s obvious to me now and it should have been obvious to me before.” Homura said as she slowly raised her hands.

“How long?” Madoka’s voice was close to breaking “How long until you cross the line? Until you do something that I can’t forgive you for?” Madoka was openly crying and Homura wavered for just a second before she quickly recovered.

“I told you didn’t I?” her voice was the very definition of bitterness “One day we’ll be enemies.”

“Homura NO!”

Clap.

She stuck out for some reason and for the life of her Madoka couldn’t figure out why.

She was older than her, an upperclassman and a rather pretty one at that. She had blonde hair styled in drills that bounced when she walked, her eyes seemed to shine when she talked to friends and every time Madoka saw her walking down the hallways in school her heart would start pounding.

She was repulsed by this girl she didn’t even know why.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Homura, how could you?! How dare you do that to Madoka! I cannot believe this is where things are going with these two. I feel bad for Madoka because, she was finally starting to remember, and clearly has feelings for Mami, and boom, Homura happens. Ugh, I want to slap Homura so much for it. Which I normally wouldn't do, but I no longer pity her after her being cruel to Madoka. This isn't happiness she's giving her. It's enslavement of her mind and will. Homura needs a good, stern talking to. This was an awesome chapter overall, Lunar. I hope for more chapters in the future. xD

Lunarmaster54

Awards
Alas it's only a one shot, so the downer ending has to stick I'm afraid.

I'm glad you liked it though :) I was trying to explore the whole 'Homura only wants what's best for Madoka!' Idea and keep her as in character as possible. Although I laughed at the imagine of Homura getting a lecture^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back