• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lunar Dirge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
OOC: General thread, and OOC can be found here. Thread of templates can be found here, and please, please, read through it and get an understanding of each character. It makes things easier for everyone. <3 On with the RP!

Night fell quickly over the Hijau archipelago. The crescent moons hung still in the velvet skies, the stars glittering like scattered diamonds above the calm oceans. Light breezes skimmed the rippling waves, following the tide to the shoreline, foaming upon the golden sands. The Port itself, Port Ketua, was not so calm, nor quiet. Revelry sang loud, and clear in the evening air, for a number of crews had descended upon the town for the night. A number of ships were docked in the harbour.

Ovela stood upon the dock, an empty glass mug clasped in her right hand. It had been some time since they had been back on land - back on Korsan, anyway - and the crew had insisted on finding a decent bar to celebrate in. This one on the seafront had been deemed fit, and now they were inside, most likely destroying the place. She dreaded the morning, when all would awake, probably with pounding heads, and seeing whatever they'd digested the previous day. Not to mention the huge task of having to find them all. Most of the crew were men, and most of them would probably spend tonight locating a woman - well, any woman - to satisfy their 'needs'.

She couldn't help suspecting the few women in her crew would do the same. Ovela sighed at the thought, the slight smirk at their typical natures being stifled by the thought of something awful happening to any of them.

No, they deserved the night off. To be honest, they deserved quite some time off considering how well they had all done during the last raid upon another planet. It had not been particularly profitable - they made off with very little, perhaps two bags of various treasures at the most - but it had been fun to do some work for a change, rather than sail the fruitless seas.

Turning, she went back in for another drink. She wouldn't be getting entirely blasted like the rest of them but there was no reason why she could not enjoy the night, too.

<3

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Stephan smiled and inhaled deeply, if inhaling was the correct word for it. The fourth moon of Korsan was hardly oxygenated. The light from the other six moons glinted off his two silver teeth and eyes.

He never wore any mask when in open space, despite the pressure that now filled eyes with blood. This added a small amount of menace to his appearence which, to those who didn't know him, was Baroque and nostalgic.

He turned back to his first mate, who shivered at the sight of blood. "You've always been such a sissy, Swabby." The nervous man looked up at the captain through his thin space suit. "I've told you that's not my na-" Stephan quickly silenced him with a wave. "I stopped caring centuries ago."

He pointed upwards in the air, at nothing in particular. "Now tell the crew we are ready to embark. I feel like killing something."

"Swabby" sighed, the captain was in another of his moods.

(Crappy first post, but I'm glad I got that outta my system. Now the fun can begin)

Last edited:

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
OOC: I hope you don't mind me adding some stuff to the Mercenary life.

Nocturne strolled through the Mercenary Camp. Officially, it was called a Camp, reminiscent of the old days when Mercenaries really did live in camps, complete with tents and fires. Nowadays, however, they lived on a planet and the need to camp was no more. The Mercenaries were a free-spirited, wild group of people that rarely worked together. Only 3 times have they all banded together, once to fight against the Ninja and Pirates who decided to eradicate them, the second was to fight against the rebels. The Empire hired so many of them that very few were left to help the rebels. Not like they wanted to. No money at all. Talk about inconsiderate.
The last was to take over this planet. It used to be a lush paradise, with monkey-lookalikes, bird-lookalikes, and flower-lookalike creatures that dominated this place. Nowadays, its a bustling city-planet, filled with people, people, and more people. And did I mention the people? But the mercenaries decided that it was high time that they stopped flying around to planets that despised them to least, and to finally stand up for themselves and take over a planet. Or a section of it at least. They rallied together, and for the first time in the history of Mercenaries, they won a battle through diplomacy rather than violence. They got their Camp.

But it wasn't a Camp. It was a group of official looking buildings that spired into the heavens. It contained the homes of various prominent mercenaries, their mechs and ships, and, most importantly, the money-exchanging area. The Exchange.
Nocturne walked up to the Exchange. He passed many battle-worn ex-Pirates and ex-Ninja, as well as the usual motley assortment of bounty hunters and merc-wannabes. He spared them not a glance, and they, once seeing him, shed away from him, averted their eyes, and showed their respect in a hundred different subtle ways that he caught.

On "Earth", he was but a child. But in space, height was no matter. Physical health was irrelevant. All that mattered was the ability to handle a Mech or a Ship. And Nocturne excelled in that. The hundred destroyed ships and mechs testified to that claim.

Into the Exchange. A group of "bankers" did the trading, handling money from the customers to the Merc's. He wordlessly found a free banker, and recieved the money he got from his last job. A nice amount. Enough to put in the upgrades he was waiting for.
Content, he counted the money as his banker recieved a phone call. When finished, the banker smiled.

"Well, Mr. Nocturne, it seems that your efforts has brought the attention of another customer... he wishes to propose a job for you. Dangerous, but very rewarding...

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
It was quiet in the moonlight…

The quiet surface of Korsan’s fourth moon was practically empty. A void of grey dust and ash covered the surface of this desolate moon. Craters covered this side of the moon, giving Korsan’s moon a sickly appearance, as if it was suffering from an unknown lunar disease. It was almost haunting the sheer quietness of it all… But fortunately, that quietness was welcome to Getsuei’s ears… If there was quietness, it means that he had not been discovered yet.

He moved quietly amongst the spacedust, sending up small clouds of the grey surface of the moon whenever his black shoes came down. His entire body was wrapped in a long black cloth, giving him the appearance of a shroud or wraith. His head was encased in this cloth as well, although it did not disguise the bulge of a breathing mask underneath the beautiful material. He would need all the oxygen he could get in order to pull off this task… Underneath his clothed exterior, was a thin mesh-like armor, which allowed him the dexterity he required, while also protecting him from the harshness of this moon’s lack of atmosphere… But still, Getsuei could feel the heat of the sun baking down upon him, threatening to boil his blood if he wasn’t wearing the simple layer of mesh above it… However, it wasn’t the elements that concerned Getseui in his mission…

Pirates… The damned corsairs of the cosmos flitted about this area of space like it was intergalactic bar. Even now, he could see flashes of light in the sky as they flitted about in their huge spaceships, laughing drunkenly as they pillaged the skies without a care in the world. Getsuei would not detest them so much if they had any sense of style whatsoever. No artistic talent lurking within those buccaneers… That was what disgusted him the most about their uncultured kind…

However, why was in this dangerous territory if he disdained the pirates to such a great extent? The answer was simple. This fourth moon of Korsan had some of the brightest lunar reflections of any of the moons in this solar system. Getsuei needed powerful lunar energy for his experiments, and therefore, he had to do a little mining under the noses of the very people that would most likely make him walk the plank into a black hole as soon as they caught sight of his oddly cloaked body. He had managed to sneak past all the pirates who were swarming around the main planet, and land in this isolated area of the moon without seeing a single pirate… So far so good…

He was traveling in a very small spaceship, one that contained only his mech, his tools, and his experiment… It could go pretty fast, but it lacked a strong weapon system. If he was caught, he’d have to flee before fighting, and the Moon knows how the Clan would hate that… If they found out he was conducting his experiments so close to pirate territory, they’d uncharged his Signet with a single glance...

Be careful then… Getsuei quickly walked back to his small ship, which was a piercing grey, in order to blend in with the moon from the sky. Walking up to its side, he quickly pressed a few keys on the side panel of the ship, which opened a single door in the bottom of the ship with a hiss. Sliding out of the blackness, a strange contraption rolled out. It looked like a large grey spider sitting on top off a missile silo. This was his second version of the experiment… the first one had exploded after a trial on a moon nearer to his own system…

Trial One… he thought, reaching into the folds of black cloth which floated freely around him, due to the reduced gravity, Lets see how this goes…

From the folds, he pulled a small circular remote, looking like a mere golf ball with a simple red circle painted on its side. He slid his thumb over the redness, and the remote immediately activated the strange contraption set before him. The machine whirred to life instantly, spitting out a quiet cough, before the spiderlike arms atop it began to move. Cranking to life a little bit jerkily, they moved downward, sinking into the moon’s surface with ease before pushing up the rest of the machine so it hovered slightly above the ground. It now looked like some kind of robotic squid… However, despite its funny appearance, Getsuei’s face broke into a silent smile beneath the breather and the black cloth. It was working. And sure enough, as it whirred once more, Getsuei could see faint traces of pale white light being sucked into the hole in the bottom of the machine. Particles of lunar energy… photons converted into this lunar energy by the moon’s reflective surface… Worth more than gold to the ninja who was mining it…

Jackpot… thought Getsuei, watching his machine suck the moonlight into its canister, Now to try the bigger version…

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
The pub had been loud, and boisterous. Ovela loved revelry as much as the next girl, but the night in there had already become a drunken furore, a smoky, smelly pit of violence and destruction - not to mention, was home to an absolute overload of hormones. It seemed that some of them had neither need nor want for privacy.

Emerging through the doors, a chair simultaneously escaping from the place through a glass window, Ovela scowled back at the pitiful sight, taking a quick sip of the demon drink itself. She thanked her lucky stars that she did not crave it so as some did. It was pirates like them that gave their people such a mocked reputation. Pirates should be known as bold, as brave, as the fearless men and women of the seas; unfortunately, they were more likely to be known of as drunken old thieves these days.

Walking along the pier, she reached the end of it, settling herself down upon it to think. It was still warm, even upon the sea. There was much to do tomorrow. The Pirate Elders wished to speak with the captains still sailing the ocean, and raiding distant planets. It seemed important, Ovela remembered.

"Best to make this the last one," she murmured to no-one in particular, taking another drink. The sun would eventually rise, shedding light on the situation.

<3

Rikken Omnious

Micheal sat nearby, a hand around a glass of ale. He was undercover something that the bigwigs had ordered him to do on such short notice. He was trailing a suspect. One, Ovela Nappara. Considered a enemy of the order. A captain as it seemed entered the bar non-chalantly as though she didn't really notice the violence going on around her. His hand reached into his pocket and he drew a smoke from it, lit it with a candle that was sitting nearby and paused as the girl entered before raising to his mouth and breathing in the relaxing fumes. He almost fitted in perfecting with the surrounding patrons and their boisterious behaviour. Nothing unlike a pack of wild animals fighting amongst themselves for a scrap of meat. He laughed to himself as she moved away. He passed a wrinkled note across the bar to the tender behind it. He stood up. Hands in his pockets, cigarette in his lips. As he strolled across the fighting room. Gracefully striding across the room. Every punch seeming to miss his scarred face.

He followed the girl to the pier where she sat down looking out into the water.
"For one so elusive you sure don't make an effort to conceal yourself." Micheal said as he walked towards her. She stood out against the sun. As though in defiance of it. A slender hand around the glass she had. A persons face echoed though his memory. This scene was strangly familiar. His head ached for a second. He moved his hand to his forehead before it retreated back into the cloak he was wearing. "I knew I'd find you here." He said taking another draw from his cigarette to finish it. Throwing it over the side of the pier he slowly advanced towards her. His left hand clutched around a pair of handcuffs.

OOC: Look out Ovela.. It's a trap!!! n_n

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
"For one so elusive you sure don't make an effort to conceal yourself."

Ovela looked over her shoulder, a man approaching her from out of nowhere. A black eyebrow was raised as a short silence prevailed, the waves' rippling the only sound for a few moments. The scent of cigarette smoke drifted through the air.

"I knew I'd find you here."

"What is that supposed to mean?" she questioned, glaring at him. She had never seen this man before in her life. And since when was she elusive? Why was there need to conceal herself? The glint of metal in the moons' light caught her eye for a moment, her lips curling, her brow furrowing together to create a stern, defiant stare as she noticed the set of handcuffs in his grasp. Coolly, she took another drink. Having drank so little, she was still in the realms of sobriety, and so any attempt at an attack would hopefully be warded off with ease. "Just what do you have planned, stranger?"

Wariness set in. Turning so that she faced him entirely, she was not about to leave any opportunity for an attack, or worse still, capture. A cold wind blew through the air, lifting her ebony hair. She wasn't about to go without a fight.

<3

Rikken Omnious

"What is that supposed to mean?" she questioned, glaring at him.
"It means your coming with me back to central for questioning." He replied with a hint of malace in his voice. He hated it when people didn't understand what he was talking about. The wind kicked up, His unflinching gaze swept across her face. Taking in every feature of her, Albeit toned body.

"Im from the Order. Major Micheal Staves," He removed the handcuffs from his coat. "Any attempt at an escape could prove fatal. I have orders to bring you in dead or alive." He put particular emphasis on the last three words of that sentence. He drew his pistol from it's holster. Reading it incase she tryed to make an escape. "Don't think I'm alone. I'm not." A pair of red eyes flashed to his left in the shadows. "I would suggest you come quietly. I'd hate to damage that pretty face of yours."

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
Rel lay low on the roof of the bar, his mask concealing his mouth and nose and his icy blue eyes staring out at the pier. For the third time, he scowled at his foolishness. Why the hell had he followed the Pirate crew to Korsan? It was like a death trap for a Ninja! Was his determination to retrieve the stolen money so intense?

He sighed. Well it was too late now. All he could do was camoflauge with the shadows and wait. This was easy, for he was garbed completely in black. His mech lay hidden in a thick grove at the base of a hill. No one would find it there hopefully. His ship was next to his mech.

He heard a crash and the breaking of glass. Rel rolled his eyes. What was it about becoming drunk and idiotic that gave those disgusting Pirates such pleasure? Rel despised alcohol, though he wouldn't mind taking a woman home. Then again, who wouldn't?

His focues went back to his mission: retrieve the pair of stolen treasure sacks. Those belonged to him after all. Well, technically he had stolen them from a warehouse, but that didn't matter. Thieves don't steal from thieves. Unless they're Pirates. The dislike of Pirates seemed to be mutual between Ninjas, especially on Arius.

He watched the woman who he believed had been part of the crew who had stolen from him. His hand was on his pistol as he descended to the back of the bar. He stole to the side and peeked out the front. Pirates frequently went in and out. There would be no way to get to the pier directly without being seen. He spotted a clump of tall grass and jumped in it when the traffic was gone. He peered through the tall stalks, the moonlight shining on his face. The darkness helped greatly to conceal him, but Korsan's many moons shed so much accursed light.

It was then that Rel saw a man approach the Pirate woman. There was something about his appearance that wasn't quite right. The man said something before getting closer, with what looked like handcuffs in his grip.

Excellent, Rel thought. This man was probably some do-gooder that was sent by the Empyreal Order to arrest the woman. All Rel had to do was wait until she was in cuffs before demanding his money back. Then he'd fly away from this accursed planet and things would be normal again. And so he waited in the clump of tall grass, concealed completely.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Folding her arms, Ovela suppressed a smirk at his overconfident words.

"Im from the Order. Major Micheal Staves. Any attempt at an escape could prove fatal. I have orders to bring you in dead or alive."

"Whatever you say, Major," she smirked. "You can't really take me 'back to central for questioning' if I'm dead, can you?" The girl was not sure of what to do. After all, there were many options. She could continue this talking. She could draw her own pistol. She could escape into the sea. The decided route was to allow this odd situation to play itself out. Throwing the glass to one side, into the increasingly choppy waters, she stood, awaiting the next speech.

"Don't think I'm alone. I'm not."

Unexpected words were spoken from him. The pier was well-lit for the most part. All of a sudden, Ovela took an instinctive step back to the edge of the pier as a pair of red eyes flashed within shadows. Just what the hell were they?!

"I would suggest you come quietly. I'd hate to damage that pretty face of yours."

Narrowing her eyes at the comment, she let her arms drop to her sides, her hands ready to reach for a weapon if needs be. The sudden appearance of another person had thrown her - but she was not prepared to go down without a fight.

<3

Rikken Omnious

"Well, I guess I have no choice but to use force." He said replacing the cuffs on his side and drawing a sword to replace the pistol. He moved forwards effortlessly towards her. He slashed at her. The graceful arm trying to find her midsection to tear it sideways to make her crumple to the ground in front of him. His mind replaying past memories like a needle skipping on a record player. Flashes of peoples faces, those he had killed flooded into his mind as he attacked her in a kind of rage.

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Rel cursed. Knowing Pirates, he should've expected her to resist capture. He sighed and ran a hand through his sweaty hair before gripping the handle of his katana. He didn't use it very often, but it was effective. It was nice and dense and very long.

He scanned the area and suddenly saw red eyes flash from the shadows. His grip tightened. If there was some sort of beast hiding there, he'd have to leave sooner than he had planned to.

He jumped out of his hiding place, drawing his katana in midair. He landed behind the captain who was trying to attack the Pirate.

"Well now, I think things may get a bit ugly. So before you go on, I demand my money back!" He pointed his katana at the Pirate woman. "Otherwise you'll be tasting metal in places you don't want to taste it with."

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Ovela almost hadn't time to draw her own blade, and the shockingly bad move she used to block the slash at her midriff seemed like a gigantic fluke. Her wrist was left in an awkward position, but she was thankful she had saved herself from what could have been anything from a nasty cut to a slow death. Whoever this guy was - he meant business. It seemed he had somewhat descended into a blind rage, simply slashing at his target with furious speed.

It meant, however, that there was opportunity to strike. Falling to blind fury was not a particularly handy way to go about a battle. It allowed for mistakes. Inaccuracies. Miscalculations. Thankfully, the pier was fairly wide, despite being short, and so it allowed her room to dodge some of the moves. One or two had hit, however, in his anger, he had not calculated his force, or accurately aimed the strikes, and so she was left with mere scratches, and ripped sleeves.

All of a sudden, another appeared alongside the captain - though, notably, not the owner of those striking red eyes. Ovela looked at the man - undoubtably, a ninja - while keeping her back to the ocean, her enemies to her right side.

"Well now, I think things may get a bit ugly. So before you go on, I demand my money back! Otherwise you'll be tasting metal in places you don't want to taste it with."

Ovela laughed aloud, the sudden fear in her system being howled away.

"Now, now," she smiled. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm assuming you're the poor soul my crew just ransacked?" Yes, he was, she recognised. "Oh, two bags, was it?" She held out her arms, sneaking a quick look at the captain. "Does it look like I am carrying two bags of various valuables?" Gesturing with her right arm towards the pub, she nonchalantly pointed him in the correct direction. "In there, you'll find an entire crew of drunken men and women, all of whom are spending your precious treasures upon corrupting liquor. If you can get the bags from them, by all means, Mister Ninja, take them."

She smirked at him before turning to the Captain, sword held towards him, ready to strike.

"I suggest you stop with your silly rage," she purred. "You're not going to get anywhere like that, sir. I've spent enough time with a blade to know it is not an object for mindless violence." She made a jab for his left shoulder. Should it hit, the force she applied to the blade would be enough to at least pierce the skin. It was not a serious strike, not in the slightest, but it would most likely be a little painful. "The blade is a weapon that is only as powerful as the one that wields it."

<3

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Stephan drummed his fingers on the arm of his captain's chair, he was very bored. His ship was the largest for lightyears, there were over 5,000 strong in his crew, he was a 400 year old pirate with enough rum to flood the ship, and he was very bored.

"Ugh." The ship continued the various creaks, clicks, and beeps of interstellar travel. Every crew member around him kept working. "Uuu-ugh." A beuatiful and slender hazel-eyed woman walked up, carrying a tray with a silver pot of coffee. "Captain." "Uuggggghhh."

"Captain?" He lazily looked up at her. "Yes Carol?"

Those unfamilar with Carol would certainly not recognize a look crossing a smirk and glare that only a mother would dare use on Captain Stephan the Twisted...................... provided she was, in fact, Carol.

"I brought you coffee Captain Stephan." He grabbed it by the handle. "Stepahn the what?" She rolled her eyes. "The Twisted?" He drank it, pocketing the small piece of china Carol had hoped he would finally actually use.

"You're a very good secretary Carol." He waved her away. She smiled. "I suppose I should go then."

He took another sip. "Yes well, bitches be crazy." Interestingly, this happened often enough that it also bored him.

He always lked coffee much more than rum, which gave him headaches, but would never let the crew know.

Rikken Omnious

Micheal slid sideways as she made an attempt to pierce him though the shoulder. "So that would mean that you can't use one at all." He mocked as the ninja damanded his treasure or whatever the hell he wanted. Micheal didn't really care about the ninja. He snapped his fingers. The two glowing red eyes from before lit up once again. A low rumbling could be felt by the trio. Something big was coming. And whatever it was. It wasn't going to be good for the two that stood in front of him. There was a burst of water as the giant of a mech burst from the water. Landing on the water front behind him. The ground trembled as the behemoth put a gaint foot down near the bar where Ovela's crew was currently drinking.

The large cannon resting on it's shoulder. Pressure was released from the joints in it's legs,neck,torso waist and arms. It's right arm clutched around a high-frequency blade that was now pulsing with energy. "Silly rage?" said Micheal. "I think you should reconsider your situation. He tapped the side of his temple.
"Launch." He said into the radio embedded in his temple.

If one looked up at this moment. One would compare it to fireworks in the sky. Except the fireworks were being fired towards the surface. Several what looked like explosions erupted in the sky. As several mechs crashed on the planet. Several ground shaking tremblings went though before the explosion revealled what the payload has truly been.

Seven mechs all heavily armed and carring phaser rifles merged towards the three. surrounding them in somewhat of a dragnet. "I truly hoped you weren't trying to escape. Like I said I wasn't alone, Now slide your weapons over to me and lay down on the ground. His eyes flashed in a menacing gaze. "Before I kill your crew." Micheal's mech had it's sword postioned over the bar. "Up to you."

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
OOC: Sorry. . .I wish I knew we started.

Dimitri's icy eyes watched the screen in his main deck. The empty void of space was starting to irritate him. It wasn't that he was bored. The hundreds of years that he'd lived had caused his to long since outgrow boredom. He was however impatient. Despite having nothing but time Dimitri made it a point to get things done as quickly as possible. Impatience was something that his "maturity" was never going to solve. The crew tried to ignore their Captain's black mood. They knew that it would be a bad idea to make things worse. And with the Stone Demon. . .conversation always made things worse.

Dimitri had no people skills. He had no love life. He didn't eat anything except what was nessecary to survive. There was no pleasure in Dimitri's life. Though on the upside there was no pain. Dimitri never spoke to anyone if he could help it. He avoided pleasantries and, as far as the crew knew he had no sense of humor.

The void of space was suddenly interrupted by a giant galleon. There was only one reason that Dimitri could think of for that ship. "Turn around" he suddenly said quietly.

Marcus frowned and walked over to the captian. . .Marcus. He was Dimitri's one and only friend and, ironically, was also cursed. He had been cursed to spend eternity tied to a "wretched soul" Dimitri wasn't the Knight in Shining Armor that he was now and Marcus had a hell of a time of it.

"Stephan?" he asked in awe. Stephan had always impressed Marcus. . . .idiot.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
"So that would mean that you can't use one at all."

"Oh, Captain," Ovela sighed, "it seems that your wit is just as sharp as your blade." She rolled her eyes - as if her tone of voice was not enough indication that her comment was sarcastic - before casting a smirk to Michael and the ninja.

Though, she regretted her cockiness as the air around them rumbled, sending the sea into a trembling state, casting ripples of uncertainty through her body. Ovela drew back as a mech rose from the ocean, water crashing down around it as the gigantic shape took form, settling to the ground next to the bar at shore. Keeping her balance through the impact, Ovela narrowed her eyes at the Captain, wondering where he was going with this.

"Silly rage? I think you should reconsider your situation. Launch."

The ground trembled once more with intense force, once, twice, three times as more mechs blasted upon the surface of the planet. Looking around, it seemed some were closer than previously thought, and were now crowded about the area. Ovela cursed them. It looked like there was no escape. Not even if she leapt into the sea, or better yet, the skies.

"I truly hoped you weren't trying to escape. Like I said I wasn't alone, Now slide your weapons over to me and lay down on the ground. Before I kill your crew."

Ovela felt a sudden shot within her chest as the mech lifted its weapon over the bar. Not the crew. They wouldn't stand a chance, not in their current state. She wasn't about to leave them for dead. There was only one option, no matter how much she thought about it, no matter how many different options she tried to ponder.

"Up to you."

"I'll come quietly," she said lowly, eyes cast into his, their darkness smouldering with a somewhat volatile mix of protectiveness, and intensity, "on the grounds that you call off these mechanical monsters." She did not care for mechs, not at all. "Call them off, and I will come quietly. You may have my weapons. So long as my crew are not hurt, then by all means, I'll come with you."

She glared at him.

"I mean it," she followed. "But I'm not going anywhere, nor giving up my weapons until each and every one of those blasted machines is well away from Korsan. You have my word on this; I will not run. I'd sooner die than run like a coward, leaving my crew for dead."

<3

Essence of Elegy

Awards
"Now, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm assuming you're the poor soul my crew just ransacked. , two bags, was it? Does it look like I am carrying two bags of various valuables? In there, you'll find an entire crew of drunken men and women, all of whom are spending your precious treasures upon corrupting liquor. If you can get the bags from them, by all means, Mister Ninja, take them."

Rel was surprised. "That's it? Well now that was easy..."

He seemed to have spoken too soon, for there was a rumble and a gargantuan mech emerged from the waters of the pier. Only moments later several other mechs surrounded them.

Rel ran his hand through his hair. "Er...you're only here for her right?" he said, addressing the captain. "I'll just leave now then and gather my cash."

He slipped through the legs of the mechs with a bit of difficulty and squeezed out into the open. He was about make for the bar when he saw that the giant mech's sword was held right above it. Rel hesitated. He wanted the money, but he didn't want to risk being butchered while he was in there. It looked like he'd have to wait.

Rel looked back at the duo behind him. "Looks like I'll watch the show for now."

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
A small red lght on a large metal lit up twenty feet in front of Stephan. The woman eighteen feet in front of him saw it first.

"Captain?" "I hate coffe!............................. what?" She turned he chair around. "We've detected a ship 5, um, nauts in front of us." Stephan smiled. 'Bring it up on screen."

She pressed a button and th view screen was black, but with a sleek silver line just shy of the middle. If Stephan had been frowning, now he was smiling. "Oh hohoho, this is too good."

Carol placed a wary hand of his shoulder. "Now Captain-" Stephan bolted up and pointed at his son's ship, the ship intercom in his other hand. "Load the cannons, the prodigal son has returned!"

A two foot ball of lead travels much faster without wind resistance, though he would miss hearing the boom.

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
Nocturne contemplated his mission as he flew towards his destination on his ship. It was a strange one alright. Some Ninja or another was stealing.... was this right, moonlight? Strange. But that was not his concern. His concern was blasting him out of the air. Or vacuum, really.

Ho hum. Korsan. One of the moons. Which one could it be? On a hunch, he flew over towards the fourth moon. It was the only one on the dark side of the planet, a perfect (and the only) place to 'steal moonlight'. Nocturne gave a quick fly around, looking. There was nothing there. Bull. Another time waster.

About the fly away, he caught sight of a faint glint. What the heck, there was nothing else to do. Nocturne moved closer. And lo and behold! A ninja, doing just that. Stealing moonlight. How queer. Well, his mission was clear. Chase him away, capture if possible. Nocturne descended, weapons armed and ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back