• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lunar Dirge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikken Omnious

Micheal smiled as she uttered the words, "I'll come quietly.On the grounds that you call off these mechanical monsters." She requested. "Call them off, and I will come quietly. You may have my weapons. So long as my crew are not hurt, then by all means, I'll come with you. I mean it," she followed. "But I'm not going anywhere, nor giving up my weapons until each and every one of those blasted machines is well away from Korsan. You have my word on this; I will not run. I'd sooner die than run like a coward, leaving my crew for dead."

"You must understand my dear, that while the mechs may leave, They will still be onboard the crusier. In a state of readiness should they be needed to fend off unwelcome guests." He looked over his shoulder at the ninja. "I suggest you scatter before you become another statistic of government enforcement." He made this note well clear to the ninja that he wasn't taking any idiot attempts to take his life.

He snapped his fingers. "RTS." he said into the microphone. The mechs, including his, lept up and shot back to the Longboard. He retrived his handcuffs from his jacket. "You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." He said wrapping the handcuffs around her wrists. "Just getting it out of the way." he commented. Much like Star Trek they were beamed aboard from orbit and emerged in the bay. There he let go of her and two what was strong soldiers gripped her under the armpits and dragged her to the brig. Where she was locked in. With her weapons removed and locked away there would be very little she would be able to do to escape.

Micheal meanwhile had found a ship that looked oddly famliar. Black power cannons adorned its sides. "Helmsman come astern. Get us closer to that ship."
"Aye sir." said the helmsman as he changed course and redirected the route. "Engauging cloak Sir." not much a cloak would do with a black ship but sometimes it was useful.
"Prepare for boarding action."
"Sir." said the Weapons officer as he set a code yellow alarm thoughout the ship. "Code yellow all mech pilots please report to launch stations promptly." The computerised message replayed thoughout the ship.
"Launch ties and begin the boarding." said Micheal from his chair as the image of the ship flickered on screen.
"Aye Sir." Said the weapons officer as he ordered the pilots to board thier mechs. If all went well it wouldn't take more than a few minutes.

What sounded like gunshots erupted from the side of the Longboard. Striking Stephan's ship. "Quickly and promptly gentleman." he said though the intercome.
"Yes Sir!" came the reply as six mechs shot along the tie rails and landed on the vessels surface. Micheal crossed his fingers and rested his chin on top. This was going to be interesting.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
"You must understand my dear, that while the mechs may leave, They will still be onboard the crusier. In a state of readiness should they be needed to fend off unwelcome guests. I suggest you scatter before you become another statistic of government enforcement."

Ovela was relieved to see the mechs gone. At least she knew her crew wouldn't get hurt. Though, the way he was acting somewhat puzzled her. Okay, so she had led raids against other planets, and perhaps, she might have stolen a few things. It wasn't like they had been killing the innocent. If a death happened, it was out of self-defence. She herself was known to kill, but never without a good reason. And besides, her crew was small, and their exploit few - why so much effort for a small-time pirate like her? There were plenty of bigger, more violent crews around.

"You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Just getting it out of the way."

Ovela chose to remain silent. There was no point in talking just yet. She furrowed her brow as he slapped the cuffs on, leaving her to two burly-looking men. Ovela would get her chance to question this arrogant captain, she assumed, for she doubted this would be the last time they met.

Beaming into the bay, she had her weapons removed from her, before being left in a less-than-comfortable cell within the brig.

Removing her shoes, she decided she might as well get herself comfortable. Settling down against one wall, she removed her hat, and coat, keeping them in the corner nearby. Judging from the sound, it seemed there were other people locked up in the surrounding cells. Peering across into the opposite one, she could see the vague outline of someone sleeping; a male, she assumed. She wondered what the rest of them had 'done' to get themselves locked in the brig.

<3

frisson

Silver Member
OOC: Ahem. Maybe a slight interference is necessary =P Refer to the OOC thread for more info. This applies specifically to Snow and Rikken.

IC:

The light of the nearest sun blared through the cubic window panes, piercing Shinsui's eyelids and waking him with a start. Blatantly displeased with the abrupt awakening, Shin lurched his entire frame in a series of eloquent expletives until his glared vision rested upon a female figure in the cell adjacent to his.

He rose immediately.

'So you're finally here.'

His current attire consisted of... well, some trousers. He fetched his coat from the floor, dusting it as he swung it over his ripped visage. His complexion hinted a certain level of discomfort. He spent a little more time in the sun than most, but being in this cell had deprived him for some time. Now there was a certain grayish hue to him, as if he'd been dead awhile. And Ovela very well may have believed such a thing, to see what he did next.

Without much indication of effort, his body seemed to meld through the dividing cell so that he stood clearly within hers, as if he'd been in there all along. He swept back the tresses of scraggly black hair. There was a rugged handsomeness to him. A shallow mask for a child.

'Yeah, that was weird I know, but bear with me. You were probably wondering why you were brought here until I went all freak show on you. The truth is, it's kinda my fault.'

He retrieved a cylindrical object from his pants pocket. Feeling for an indent, a holographic projection of what looked like a piece of paper suddenly appeared. Ovela's face was on the projection, and printed in great letters was the phrase:

"Captain Ovela Nappara; wanted dead or alive for unlawful acts of piracy.
Reward: 320,000 Emerald"

'Oh, and I'm Shinsui, the Notorious and Legendary Ninja-Pirate who vanished off the face of the galaxy seven years ago.'

'Uh, now would be a good time to talk back.'

Last edited:

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
"I suggest you scatter before you become another statistic of government enforcement."

Rel shrugged. The mechs left to board the Empyreal's ship and the pirate woman was also beamed aboard in handcuffs.

"And that is that." Rel strode towards the bar. There was something strange about it, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He didn't quite find out either until he actually entered the bar.

It was completely deserted. The lights had been doused and nothing was left but a mess and a piece of women's underwear. Rel walked around in the mess of spilled liquor, broken stools, and such until he came upon a sleeping drunk.

Rel drew his pistol and pointed it at the drunk's head. The drunk woke up.

"Hah? Watcha wa--" The drunk fell asleep instantly once more.

Rel punched the drunk in the face. "Have you seen two bags of treasure?" Not that it would help to ask a drunk. This particular drunk would't wake up at all.

Rel looked around until he saw two savagely ripped sacks. No treasure in them except for a single Emerald. He sighed and picked up the single piece of money, pocketing it.

Just then he heard heavy gunshots. He rushed outside to see the Empyreal's ship firing away at another ship a distance from where Rel stood. He was relieved to see that it wasn't his ship.

An idea formed in his head. The best time for a raid was in the middle of a fight, when everyone was busy. He grinned and crept all the way back to his mech. He boarded it and flew it closer to the ship that was getting battered, and then hid it in a nearby cave hidden by yet another orchard of trees.

He jumped out and hid in the trees, waiting for the right moment.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
'So you're finally here.'

Ovela looked up, eyeing the awoken man in the opposite cell. Slowly, he approached the bars that kept him enclosed, bringing him further into the light. She took a good, long look at him from through the cell wall.

... the cell wall he was mysteriously traveling through.

Leaping onto her feet, she took a few steps towards the back wall as he managed to pass through his cell, across the hallway, then into her own with little effort. Wrinkling her nose, the disturbance in her face furrowing her brow, narrowing her eyes, and gritting her teeth together, she cast him a glare. His words implied he knew she would be coming, and that, coupled with the unreal act he had just displayed, was enough to set her on edge. It was understandable, one had to admit.

'Yeah, that was weird I know, but bear with me. You were probably wondering why you were brought here until I went all freak show on you. The truth is, it's kinda my fault.'

The look of nature's anger within her expression faded into a somewhat bewildered stare, her mouth parted, her eyes widening, but her brow retaining the lines of rage that creased her pretty face so. He reached into his pocket, retrieving an object that, upon his action, cast a projection.

A projection with her face.

"What... what the hell?!" she started sourly, standing in a more powerful position than her previously withdrawn, protective one.

"Captain Ovela Nappara; wanted dead or alive for unlawful acts of piracy.
Reward: 320,000 Emerald"

Well, that explained that stupid captain and his trip to Korsan. She'd go after a bounty if they were worth that much. Ovela watched him as he spoke, watched his lips, her eyes flashing to his now and then, their darkness seeming to consume the light from the nearest sun.

'Oh, and I'm Shinsui, the Notorious and Legendary Ninja-Pirate who vanished off the face of the galaxy seven years ago. Uh, now would be a good time to talk back.'

Ovela shook her head, rubbing her forehead with one hand while resting the other upon her hip. She had heard of Shinsui, but had always assumed him to be nothing more than a rumoured existence rather than a confirmed one. He had said so much. It was a lot to take in all at once.

"What do you want me to say?" she questioned, voice quieter. There was but one thing she'd ask right away. "Why is this your fault?!"

<3

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
A cannonball bounced off of the front of the ship and Dimitri cursed. His eyes scanned the crew and he noted for the first time that he had lost most of the crew he’d had since his last meeting with his father. Granted the last time Dimitri had talked with his father was 40 years ago. Marcus remembered though and his lips had curled into a small smile. When he looked up at his captain the smile faded though. This wasn’t likely to be pleasant for any of the crew. Stephan was used to the crew being expendable. Dimitri was more charitable and used his abilities to assure that his crew DID survive.

“Turn the ship around!” Dimitri shouted the order so suddenly that many of the crew jumped. Though there were a few who had become used to Dimitri’s captaining and had no fear. Dimitri ran his ship using respect instead of fear, he knew that fear was probably more effective, but he was human. He tried not to forget that.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
A loud clang echoed through the Chauvenista, startling a young girl crew member. She'd been a member of the crew for about ten years, so she knew to tell everyone to put on oxygen masks over the intercom before informing the bridge about the breach.

Simlutaneously, every cabin and hallway decompresed, leaving a dozen men and women in deep space and very unsurprised.

Stephan laughed, it'd been years since he'd had the oppurtunity to fight two crews at once. He pulled a very indescrite lever, tipping his chair backwards into a trapdoor. The bridge was directly above the loading bay, which held one third of the mechs and all of the rum.

Stephan pulled a black powder pistol out and shot into the void. The hatch was open, with at least four mechs already outside. "The rest of you, shoot anythign and everything and sweep up the scraps!"

He pulled another lever, sliding down into the weapons bay. The rogue's gallery of cannons were being loaded with powder. "If it's pointy or lead, shove it in." His crew responded well to Stephan's silly orders, which were a great deal better than his silly requests.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Dimitri cursed once more as several mech launched their way toward his ship. "They'll land here for sure. . . .dammit." It was a defeated curse that exited Dimitri's lips. This would not be a happy reunion but, as it seemed unavoidable he was going to make the best of it. It wasn't as if he couldn't deal with his father, he just preffered not to.

"Stop the ship." he wouldn't gain anything from running. The longer Stephan stayed in the Papercut the more unbearable he was when he got out of it. "I said stop us before I have to get violent." Some of the crew flinched at that. Dimitri never had "gotten violent" before. He had hardly raised his voice.

All that went through Dimitri's head was Stephan's pointless chatter. His uncomfortable mockery. For the first time in over forty years. Dimitri wanted a drink.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Stephan grabbed one of the smaller mechs that flew past by the head. Papercut's hand exploded, taking the mech with it.

He was losing enough blood to kill a normal man, and that excited him. His arm hiseed as it grew back and out inot the cold vaccuum. He grabbed his M60 from inside the mech to take over for the missing hand.

Dimitri's ship had suddenly stopped. Stephan laughed and pressed the radio next to his ear, which had already hacked into his son's communications. "Hey boy, how's the wife and kids?"

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Wife and Kids. That stung. Dimitri did his best to remain calm. After all his father was like a child. If you acknowledge his pettiness it'll only make him enjoy it even more. "Don't you have other things to do Stephan?" he said to the air. He knew he was listening.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
"Stephan the what? You know I raised you better than that." Papercut weaved through the debree from battle and slunk down on Dimtiri's ship like a large snake.

Two of his crew popped out from the sides of his mech. Each was in a small suit with magnitized boots and held a laser cutter. They began to cut a hole large enough for Stephan and his mech to get into the ship.

"I mean, how would you mother feel? Whoever she is."

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Rel watched the fight progress with concentration. Where would he strike first? There was no way he could steal anything with getting caught. Plus, if he did jump out into the open, most likely everyone would be against him and he'd be terribly outnumbered. It looked like he'd have to take sides.

He didn't like the look of that Stephan guy but what about the guy he was fighting with? Rel finally came to a conclusion. He'd jump into action as soon as the other guy got into his mech...if he had one. If that didn't happen he'd jump into the hole as soon as the mechs finished it. Yes, he'd do that.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Dimitri shook his head and sighed as Stephan and his men breached the hull. "You could have just knocked Stephan." Dimitri was no good at this kind of verbal sparring. He had long since lost the ability to socialize with anyone, enemy or otherwise. And so the omission of Stephan's so called title was the best he could do under the circumstances. He waved at the crew and they lowered the their weapons. If Dimitri could prevent it there would be no fighting here today. he was vaguely aware of another prescence in the area.

frisson

Silver Member
"What... what the hell?!" she started sourly, standing in a more powerful position than her previously withdrawn, protective one.

He had freaked her out a little, to his childish delight. But then her disposition suddenly shifted to one a tad more scornful, if a bit sultry at the same time. Maybe it was a mistake to mess around with this one. Meh.

"What do you want me to say?" she questioned, voice quieter. There was but one thing she'd ask right away. "Why is this your fault?!"

Here it comes, Shinsui thought. Geez, you'd think she'd care more about why she was here rather than who's fault it was. That's pirates for ya. A faint glow ebbed from Shin's right leg, beneath his pants, the thigh specifically, just to dismiss any perfectly healthy but at this time somewhat inappropriate thoughts in the minds of those... reading.

'Well,'

It was his signet. He had actually used it before, this was the afterglow, meaning he had used up a charge or two. But he didn't need it for what he was about to do next. Poking Ovela in the forehead for a brief second, There was a crackling sound, followed by a spine-tingling effect as the skin visible on Shinsui's body began to flicker and shift, his whole frame to be exact.

Within a moment, he was gone. Someone else stood there in his place. Another Ovela. Scantily clad in Shin's vestsments, I might add.

'Hey,' Ovela-Shin teased effeminately. Perhaps too much practice on his part. 'If you hadn't guessed it by now, I can change my form. Impersonating an Empyreal Officer becomes all the more easier this way. Meaning, I placed the bounty on your head.'

He motioned to the door, sliding his arm through it with ease before punching a code on the opposite side. It swung open.

'No I don't have to explain myself. I'm freeing you anyway. The nearest escape pods are located on the lower... lower decks. Starboard. I'll be the decoy while you make a run for it. But,'

He/she raised a finger. He wasn't finished rambling yet.

'But,' continuing, 'there's something on board you might find a little interesting, if you're interested. It's located on the upper... upper decks. Port. The intelligence quarter, to be precise.'

Shin drew an Empyreal Uniform from outside the cell and dropped it on Ovela's bed, along with a security clearance card.

'Nobody will even know you're here once they see me escape.'

With that, he fell through the floor and disappeared.

Several minutes later, an alarm would sound to indicate Ovela's escape. The real Ovela had about three to exit the cell block and make her choice. But Shin knew Pirates had an overwhelming curiosity for these kind of things. He was one, after all.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Stephan stepped out of Papercut. The hole in front of him enormous, but he didn't need heavy machinery to make an entrance.

Stephan grabbed the arm of both girls next to him and jumped into the ship. He quickly flipped himself as he realized they had entered through the floor of the ship.

A scruffy man with a large patch over his right eye and one mechanical leg crawled through the opening. He all but literally tore off his oxygen mask. "What now Captain?"

Stephan pulled a thin and long sword from his belt scabbard. "Now, Smitty? Now we say hello."

Essence of Elegy

Awards
Rel suddenly had a change of mind. What an idiot he had been. If he was to die, he'd rather die on the ground rather than get blasted out of the sky. It didn't matter how powerful his mech was; he was outnumbered. He guessed it would just be him that went through the hole. Of course, his mech would have to get him there.

So he got into his mech, Black Phoenix, and kickstarted it. It revved up, its shiny black armor ready for action. Rel flew to the hole in the ship and jumped out, but not before pressing a button on his command wristband. The mech automatically took to the skies and zoomed off towards Rel's ship, which was a decent distance from here.

Rel drew his long katana and peeked into the ship. He could see the pirate captain draw his own sword. Shit. Rel ran down the hull of the ship until he found what he thought might be the part above the cargo hold. He pressed a button on his command wrist band and a laser beamed out, cutting straight through the metal. It would take a few minutes to cut out a well-sized hole for him to squeeze through.

When the hole was finally finished, he confidentally jumped through. "And jackpo--wha...?"

He landed only a few meters away from where the pirate captain stood. What the hell had just happened?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
The male stuttered a "Well..." before falling silent.

Oddly, his thigh began to glow. Ovela raised an eyebrow, both curious, and startled. She repressed an amused smirk, remembering the odd nature of the entire situation, before attempting to dodge a sudden jab he made at her forehead. She wasn't quick enough.

Though, her movements were frozen solid as Shin's frame contorted, his entire shape twisting into one that was smaller, less masculine, more... like Ovela. It was like looking into some sort of haunted mirror, a twisted, bizarre version of reality from a long-forgotten nightmare. Ovela stepped back again, pressing herself back against the wall. This was strange, too strange for her liking. She wouldn't admit it but she was petrified.

'Hey, if you hadn't guessed it by now, I can change my form. Impersonating an Empyreal Officer becomes all the more easier this way. Meaning, I placed the bounty on your head.'

Ovela bit her lip, going over the thought a number of times. Why would he do that? What had she ever done to provoke Shinsui? He showed his power further, by using a memorised code to fling open the cell door. Just whose side was he on, anyway?

'No I don't have to explain myself. I'm freeing you anyway. The nearest escape pods are located on the lower... lower decks. Starboard. I'll be the decoy while you make a run for it. But there's something on board you might find a little interesting, if you're interested. It's located on the upper... upper decks. Port. The intelligence quarter, to be precise.'

The girl furrowed her brow, her curiosity aroused by his vague remark. This was interesting to her, and the way he dressed up this comment proved that he knew he was bringing about her nosey tendencies. Ovela stopped herself before she got her head too into the thought to get herself out. No, she didn't have time to run around and investigate Shin's mysterious leads. If she was going, then she was going as soon as possible.

Shin followed up by bringing a uniform to her bed, placing it down with a security clearance card. Eyeing the objects in turn, her attention was drawn to Shinsui as he spoke once more.

'Nobody will even know you're here once they see me escape.'

With that, he disappeared through the floor before Ovela could thank him for his kindness. She looked at the new clothes. Well, she wasn't about to continue hanging around here. Unpinning the feather from her jacket, she proceeded to change into the uniform, pinning the treasured object onto the inside of the new shirt. With that, she skulked out of the cell, and into a main corridor, attempting to look inconspicuous.

Her plan? Leave. She had to get out of here before it was too late to do so, and she had no idea where the detour to the intelligence might get her. There was no time to retrieve her weapons - she could easily replace them back on Korsan - and now all she had to do was escape.

<3

Rikken Omnious

"Sir, the pirate you captured is making an escape." said the midshipman.

"Security, seal all airlocks and lock out the escape pod until she is recaptured." Replied Micheal in his usual stern demenour as he rose from his chair. "I'll sort this matter out personally." he said as he made a beeline for the lift. "As soon as I leave. Lock out all access to the bridge to everyone but me."

"Aye captain." said the security officer as he tapped a few buttons on the console. As Micheal desended the lift towards the lower decks. He stepped graciously off the lift as the female computerised voice repeated over again. "Attention all personel are required to stay away from the prison cells and are to lock all doors with security passes available only to the captain. All security personal are reminded that they should exercise extreme caution."

A group of security personnel ran past with their arms all holding automatic weapons. moving in a tight group checking every area for signs of the girl. This attack was not going how the Empyreal Order had planned it. If she found out what was happening in the next three days. And the amount of Order ships in this region of space. Something bad would happen. He was hopeful that the crew would be able to realise her had she donned the crews clothing to escape the sight of security. He had also locked out the intel station on the upper floors.

Micheal strode along the hallway in a mood most foul. He saw Ovela come out of the prison. "Guard!" He yelled at Ovela. "Which way did she go?" He demanded. He didn't recognise her face when she was in the Order uniform.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
"Shit," Ovela cursed as she walked along, attempting to remain nonchalant as the warning sirens and shouted messages sounded over various tannoys. Thankfully, she had not been recognised; although, her head thumped with frustration in herself - why on earth had she left her clothes in the cell? As soon as they were found, it would be obvious that she'd changed into a uniform.

"Guard!"

Ovela froze. Great; there were no other guards - it had to be her. She turned, repressing a gasp as she met Michael's face.

"Which way did she go?"

"Think, Ovela!" her head screamed at her. Turning to face the man, she donned a serious face, fronting with utmost respect.

"I am not sure, sir," she said in a confident manner, "I just came down to see if there were any clues as to how she emerged in the first place." Closing the door to the prison, she furthered this false explanation. "It seems she somehow managed to hack the code on her cell door, sir. Other than that there is little to suggest her other tactics."

A brainwave hit her.

"Perhaps she is interested in causing damage to our ship," she suggested to him, "in which case she could be down in the engine room." A smirk was held within her stern lips. "Pirates like her can turn their hand to most things quickly."

<3

Rikken Omnious

Micheal's hand reached for his pocket as he withdrew a smoke from his coat and placed it on the end of his lips as he listened to Ovela/Guard's explanation of the escapee's method of attack.

"Perhaps she is interested in causing damage to our ship," she suggested to him, "in which case she could be down in the engine room." A smirk was held within her stern lips. "Pirates like her can turn their hand to most things quickly."

He lit the end of his smoke. A smoky trail followed this. "Not possible for her at the moment. The engine room is locked off to all staff but myself. As is every-other vital support system on this ship." He said dismissing her explanation. "Besides even If She was able to damage the engines. Every other ship in the fleet is standing by ready to attack the planet. Taking out these miserable filth that often quite frequently attack our support vessals." He spoke of the pirates in a disgusting tone of voice. "Not that I haven't had to kill a few myself."

He pushed past Ovela and into the prison cells. "Just going to have a look inside for any information that might point us in the right direction." He shut the door behind him, stopping Ovela from entering after him. He walked swiftly to the prison cell where Ovela was being kept. He noticed the clothes on the bed. That Ovela had forgotten to hide. He quietly tapped his temple. "All security personnel start doing facial scans of everyone onboard this vessal. The escapee is believed to be dressed in Order uniform. Also start total lockdown of the vessal." He returned from the room. "Everything seems to be in order. I'll go and have a look at the engine room. May I also suggest that you wear your rank badges. Wouldn't want to get arrested by security because you aren't in proper uniform."

He walked further along. "Bridge. Engauge engines to 2/3 power and begin to break off engagement. We are returning to the station." A rumble issued forth from the rear of the ship as it started to move. "Engauge cloak." he said before raising his hand to his mouth and removing the smoke from his mouth and breathing a cloud of smoke outwards as he walked towards the engine room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back