• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Luminous vs. Unreal / Project Athia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
This is a very clueless (that's me!) question and I'd like to hear more informed views on the matter.

I know virtually nothing about game development (I've only dabbled in the UE4 introductory course), but I'm always aesthetically excited by stuff made with the Luminous engine, and not so excited about Unreal 5. So I'm excited about Project Athia.

What do you guys think of what's been teased of Project Athia and the Luminous engine in general?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What do you guys think of what's been teased of Project Athia and the Luminous engine in general?
My personal first impression is that it looks like a splice between FINAL FANTASY XV and Tomb Raider. The magic system looks a tad similar to FFXV's iteration. I'm guessing the game is gonna be centered on a female Black Mage going on an open world adventure in a medieval setting.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
My personal first impression is that it looks like a splice between FINAL FANTASY XV and Tomb Raider. The magic system looks a tad similar to FFXV's iteration. I'm guessing the game is gonna be centered on a female Black Mage going on an open world adventure in a medieval setting.
My thing with this is, it's just going by the title "Project Athia" for now but... It's giving me vibes like the tech demo for Luminous before Final Fantasy XV was a thing. Not everything, but some of that stuff did get repurposed into that game (I believe there was a scene with a guy stopping a bunch of weapons midair, giving me vibes of the scene where the Empire betrays King Regis a lot)

I don't think it will be the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was Final Fantasy XVI.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't think Project Athia will be repurposed into FFXVI. I think FINAL FANTASY XVI is still in the pre production phase of the project. I presume they're observing input with FFVII Remake and its iteration of ATB. I don't think FFXVI is gonna be Action RPG like FFXV.

I also think they're observing possible Directors for the project.

Back