• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Man, what a bad person I am. :(

I'm sorry that I have been MIA.....again. Honestly, I don't have an excuse this time, so I'll just skip over that part and tell you that...

THE NEXT CHAPPIE IS DONE! WOOHOO! *dances*

Well, it's written, but I'm just editing it right now. I don't know what happened to me but that dang writers block would not go away. Sheesh. Thank god it's finally gone.

Anyways, stick around folks cause it WILL be up tonight. :D

Gamergirl

Silver Member
well i see that miss TS is finally back
sorry i haven't posted . .its just been too much spam in this thread . . . any who i'll be anticipating (sp) ur newest chappy!!!!

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Holy crap! It's here!

God, I hope I didn't lose my touch in these last few weeks... o_O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 24 - Past, Present, Future: Part 2

“This is it!” Akira shouted, rushing towards me. He quickly used his mystifying powers to gently lift me high in the air. Lying me back down on the bed nearby, I could tell that this baby wasn’t ready to come out just yet. I would probably be in labor for at least an hour. “Okay, Kairi,” Akira said. “Just relax. I’ll be right back.”

Akira ran out of the room, leaving me alone to suffer in pain. I wanted to call out to Sora and Riku, but my body began to weaken by the second. Before I could even try to move, my vision became hazy, the room softly muffled, and my strength dissipated. Was my child already draining me from everything? Was I really going to…die?

Another contraction started up and I tried my hardest to stay strong. But I was just too weak. I needed help.

“Kairi!” a deafened voice called out.

I desperately tried to find the voice, but everything around me felt so far away.

“Kairi! It’s Sora…”

At the sound of his name, my heavy eyes shot open and I frantically looked around the room. Just the thought of Sora seemed to give me enough drive to make it through this. When my eyes met his, I felt streams of tears flow down my cheek.

“Sora…” I whispered weakly. “Please…help me…” At that point another contraction started up. I suddenly heard a low roaring sound coming from somewhere nearby. It startled me at first, but after the contraction passed, I realized that the sound was just my painful scream for help.

“You’ll be okay, Kairi,” I heard Sora call out. “Just hang in there. Riku and I are gonna find a way to get you out of here and back home to the islands.”

“Can you picture the islands, Kairi?” another voice spoke out. It was Riku. “Just think of the waves and how they sound. Can you hear them?”

At first, I thought Riku was crazy for talking about the ocean at a time like this. But I soon realized that he was only trying to calm me. Right now, staying calm seemed to be my only chance at survival.

So I thought about the beach and I pictured the waves rolling softly onto the shore. Suddenly, I could hear them - the sound of crashing water splashing up against the dock, even the seagulls cawing as they soared freely through the sky. But there was something else on my imaginative island. I saw a small girl running barefoot in the sand, chasing after a tiny crab. She smiled innocently and seemed absolutely happy. It was simply beautiful.

At that moment, I knew this girl was my child. And I could tell that no matter what, everything was going to be okay.

Another contraction hit, instantly forcing me back into reality. This particular one was a lot more painful than the rest. Hoping to ease the agony, I dug my hands deep into the bed, my nails almost breaking off from the tight grip. How could such a small baby cause so much pain?!

After this contraction passed, Akira came rushing back into the room with something large held in his hand. I tried to focus on it but my dizziness made it difficult. Among my confusion, I heard Sora and Riku shouting at the top of their lungs. I thought they were just yelling at Akira to let them go, but once Akira finally came into vision I knew why the boys were so angry.

In Akira’s hand was an extremely large needle. The point was so sharp that it was almost glistening in the light. Whatever substance it held was glowing so brightly that it was practically blinding. I began to shake my head in disapproval. The last thing I wanted was more pain from a splintering needle.

“No…no!” I shouted. “Please don’t….

“It’s okay, Kairi,” Akira replied calmly. “This is a large dosage of light. I figured out how to extract the light from certain sources and transfer it to others, such as you. It might hurt but it will definitely provide you with the energy your baby is taking from you.”

I didn’t want him to stick that needle in me but I knew it was going to help. I was about to nod agreeably, but noticed some movement in the corner of my eye. Sora and Riku were struggling to be set free from their invisible barriers. I didn’t think that they could break away but watched in awe as the two somehow reached out to each other and formed a strange aura in their hands. It wasn’t pure light but it wasn’t pure darkness either. It was a mix of the two – almost like twilight.

The aura rapidly grew larger and immediately caught Akira’s attention. He turned around to face it but it seemed to consume everything instantly. The whole room glowed with twilight, making it impossible to see anything. At first, everything was quiet, but I suddenly heard Akira yell out in surprise as the glass needle dropped onto the bed, right next to my hand.

At that moment, everything seemed to happen at once. I heard punches being thrown, keyblades being drawn, and magic being cast. The room was still consumed with twilight, so I still couldn’t see anything. But I could feel the needle’s point with the tip of my finger.

Through the gruesome battle that seemed to be going on and the piercing pain I was enduring, I worked up the last of my energy to gently grasp the large needle myself.

I had to do this myself. It was the only way…

At this point, the birth was close. I could tell it was coming. My entire body began to numb over but I could still feel my whole arm shake as I brought the needle closer to my arm. Taking a deep breath, I quickly jabbed the point into my vein and let out a sharp yelp of pain. After all of the light was administered, I pulled the needle out and threw it on the ground.

A few seconds passed and I began to feel myself relax. All the haziness died off and the sound of battle became much clearer. I smiled with relief but soon frowned as another contraction started up. The pain was simply unbearable.

Suddenly, the twilight in the room started to disperse as another essence quickly took its place. “You boys just don’t know when to quit,” Akira yelled out maniacally. “And you just don’t understand that I’m only trying to help her!”

With a wave of his arms, darkness began to enshroud everything, even the twilight. Yet for some reason, I could now see Akira, Riku, and Sora. They all looked completely exhausted from the battle that I fortunately missed.

“Help…” I tried to call out. Now that I had enough energy to give birth, I needed someone to help me through it. But all three boys were too preoccupied with their own pride…

“Oh shut up!” Sora cried out. “You’ve hurt and killed thousands of people. Why would you want to help Kairi?!”

An evil grin spread across Akira’s face as he slowly began to raise his arms. Through the darkness, Akira seemed to be creating an enormous Heartless. He grew from the ground and stood tall, breaking right through the ceiling of the whole building. I could see the expressions on Sora and Riku’s faces. They looked helpless.

I wondered what Sora and Riku had in mind to stop this creature. So I watched in awe as the two looked at each other and nodded slowly, a grim look on their faces. They hesitantly took each other hands and held them flat against each other, closing their eyes slowly. Suddenly, a strange wind picked up and an aura began to form around them, enclosing them completely. The aura kept getting larger and larger while the wind grew stronger. Akira’s jaw dropped open and he froze in shock, the aura throwing him off guard. But then it instantly stopped, and both Sora and Riku opened their eyes.

For the smallest second, I didn’t feel any pain or any contractions. My entire focus was centered on Sora and Riku. I had a bad feeling about this and felt the urge to jump out of bed and run to them. That’s when I noticed Sora crying. Tears streamed down his face as he mouthed something to me. I knew what he said so I screamed it back. “I love you too!”

I know he heard me because he forced a smile once I said it. Then, Riku turned towards me and mouthed something too. But it was completely unexpected.

“Goodbye…Kairi…”

Goodbye? Why was he saying goodbye? And why was Sora crying?

Although I didn’t understand what was going on, I knew this would be bad – very bad.

Suddenly, the wind quickly picked up again and a low rumble could be heard from underneath us. I began to panic and held tightly onto the bed. But before I could do or say anything, a huge explosion erupted from within the twilight aura surrounding Sora and Riku. My jaw hung low and my eyes bulged in shock. I screamed out to them, but noticed that the explosion broke through the barrier and was now spreading fast. Akira and his Heartless covered for protection, but it was no use. And in that split second, everything became white and I blanked out completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I am off to work on the LAST chapter of this fanfic!! Pray that I don't take forever to finish it! :D

Gamergirl

Silver Member
o
m
g
!
just complete awesome-ness
haha sora and riku gonna die hahahahaha . .sike naw just kidding
hopefully u won't take another 2 months to write this chappie Tru

.:Mega:.

Awards
WOw, great chappy! ^^ That cliffy really has me on the egde of my seat, and I certainly hope that Sora, Riku, and Kairi are all alive. =o

dark invader

That chappy was awesome. The wait was definately worth it. I really hope that Sora and Riku don't die though. Akira should die, not Riku and Sora!! Hope the update is soon. Can't believe that this fic is almost completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back