• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice will prevail.
Riku left????!!!!!:mad:
If i saw riku on the street........
update soon true!:)

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Sorry about this wait guys but I've been a little busy these past few days. I have the next chapter halfway done, I just gotta finish it. So maybe if I finish my homework in time, I'll get it up tonight. If not, then definitely tomorrow!

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Next chapter! Again, sorry about the wait. Things have been a little crazy lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 19 – Sanctuary

“Where are you taking me, Sora?”

“You’ll see. Just follow me. We’re almost there.”

I reached for his hand and squeezed it tightly, letting my other hand lay freely atop my stomach. After our talk in the hospital, Sora explained that King Mickey might be able to help us. When I asked exactly how, he told me that he didn’t know. But Sora had every confidence in the King. And so did I.

We left the hospital as soon as they told me I could go home. The doctors said that I was unusually perfect after the accident. They said that even though I passed out, there were no major injuries to me or my baby.

That’s when Sora told me he wanted to take me somewhere. He seemed anxious about it so I kept asking him questions. But he wouldn’t tell me anything. Apparently, it was a surprise.

As we made our way to this ‘secret’ place, Sora practically ran and kept getting ahead of me. I tried to keep up with him but, of course, I was having trouble. “Sora, slow down! I can’t run too well!”

He looked over his shoulder and reduced his pace a bit. “Sorry. I just want go as soon as possible.”

“Go? Where are we going?” I asked, now completely lost.

At this point, I looked around at our surroundings, now noticing how we were in the middle of the woods. I guess I was too preoccupied to realize it before. “Sora, just tell…”

“Shhh,” he whispered, stopping dead in his tracks. I stopped abruptly, almost bumping into him. Then, he turned around again and smiled. “We’re here.”

I remained quiet, suddenly picking up on the sound of running water. Sora walked around me and lifted his hands so that they covered my eyes. “Okay. Now keep walking straight,” he said quietly. “I’m right behind you so don’t worry about tripping. I just want this to be a surprise.”

Since I had all my trust in Sora, I grinned playfully and began to walk forward, hearing several branches crunch under my feet. I began to giggle, finding this whole thing both strange and adorable. And as much as I wanted to rip his hands away to see where we were, I continued to walk casually.

“Okay, stop,” I heard Sora say. I did. “Now, keep your eyes closed,” he continued, removing his hands from my eyes. I kept my eyes shut, hearing him walk past me and eventually stop. The running water was a lot louder now and I could almost guess where we were.

“Okay! Open your eyes!” he announced cheerfully.

I quickly shot my eyes open, a soft gasp instantly escaping my mouth. What I saw, not only surprised me, but left me speechless. I stood before a vast open area, a waterfall splashing gracefully into a circular lake. The sun cast its’ rays upon the water, leaving a bright rainbow arched in the sky. A flock of birds quickly flew by, almost as if on cue. There were flowers – roses, daisy’s, dandelions – lined perfectly around the lake and a paved pathway curved its way before me. And far in the distance, was a small cottage, almost hidden by two large trees.

The sight of this left me feeling so incredibly overjoyed that I began to cry. It was just so beautiful that for a split second, all the problems in my world began to fade away. I forgot that I was pregnant, that Riku was gone, and that I could possibly die in a few months.

I just wondered how we never stumbled across this before. Sora, Riku, and I knew every inch of this island. How come it was never here? ...Did Sora build it?

Sora must have noticed how shocked I was and walked up to me, holding me tightly in his arms. “Now, before you ask, I didn’t make this,” he explained, as if he read my mind. “I sorta just…found it. I thought you would like it,” he said, gently running his hand over my hair. “So, do you like it?”

I quickly nodded as I pulled my head back to look at him. “It’s beautiful,” I whispered. Sora lifted a hand and began to wipe away my tears. Then, he held it against my cheek and bent down to kiss me on the lips.

We stayed that way for a couple of minutes until we both pulled away. “So. If this was the surprise, I absolutely love it,” I said, smiling brightly.

“Actually, there’s more. Follow me,” he replied, grabbing my hand and leading me down the narrow pathway. As we circled around the lake, I ran my fingers over the vibrant flowers, wondering just how this surprise could get any better.

My train off thoughts suddenly halted once I saw it – a bright and colorful Gummi ship, sitting patiently just behind the small wooden cottage. I stared at it, wondering how I could have possibly overlooked it. “A gummi ship?” I asked. Sora’s plan was now very clear. He wanted to use the Gummi ship to travel. But how are we supposed to visit other worlds? Aren’t they supposed to be separated or something?

“Yea,” Sora answered. “When I was on my way home, I sort of…jumped out of this ship because it was malfunctioning. That’s when you saw me in the ocean. But my ship,” he paused, pointing in its’ direction. “…ended up here. And for the past few weeks, I’ve been repairing it.”

“That’s great, Sora,” I replied happily. “But how are we supposed to go to other worlds. They aren’t connected anymore…”

When I said this, Sora’s enthusiastic face quickly dropped as he averted his eyes from me. “Actually, they are.”

“What?!” I whispered shockingly. “When did this happen?”

“I don’t know,” he said, his tone just as confused as mine. “But right after you were…stabbed, Riku disappeared and the sky quickly cleared up. The rain stopped and the sun shone so bright, like I’d never seen it before,” he continued, pausing briefly. “But then…meteors rained down from the sky. There were hundreds of them. And that’s when I knew.”

“…Knew what?”

“I knew that the worlds had been connected again. And that something terrible is about to happen.”

Sora’s words sent chills up my spine. I gradually placed both hands on my stomach and rubbed my belly gently, feeling a little movement inside. “So…”

“So that’s why we have to see King Mickey. He can help us and tell us what’s really going on,” he explained. Sora walked towards me and placed both hands on my shoulders. “I have to protect you, Kairi. And the only way I will know you’re safe is if you’re with me.”

I smiled genuinely, understanding him completely. “Okay. But…” I paused looking around the area. “Can’t we stay here just a little longer?” I asked, my voice whiny.

Sora laughed at me and pulled me into a hug. “I really wish we could. But we have to leave as soon as possible.”

I pouted my lower lip as I stared at him with puppy dog eyes. But he just glared at me, making it obvious that my begging wasn’t going to work. “Okay, fine,” I said, pulling away from him and walking towards the ship.

“I’ll tell you what?” he said, stopping me instantly. I slowly turned to face him again, wondering what proposition he had. “Let’s make this place…’ours’. We can give it a name and come here whenever we want. And if there’s ever a time we’re apart or feeling sad, we can just pictures ourselves here. That way, we will always be together.”

Everything Sora said made my face glow with happiness. I smiled cheerfully and ran into his arms. “That sounds perfect. Let’s name it…our haven.”

“Hmm…” he paused. “Nah, how about…paradise?”

I shook my head. “Nope. That’s overused…” After a brief pause, I thought of the perfect word. “Oh! I know! How about Sanctuary!?”

Sora smiled and nodded in agreement, hugging me tighter than before. “That’s the perfect name. It’s our place to just…get away from everything – our sanctuary.”

We quickly kissed again and made our way towards the gummi ship. And as we stepped inside, I looked over my shoulder to gaze upon the sight once more. At that moment, I felt a strange sensation inside me. I wasn’t sure whether it was excitement, nerves, or confusion. But I smiled either way, knowing that whatever the future would bring, Sora and I would always be together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back