• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark mage231

nowhere and everywhere sometimes at the same time
hmm intresting do you know that carrots are actually good for you? Oh and great Chapter Kairi will not die!! It's either her life or the baby's life such a powerful descision oh yeah one thing if Selphie *cogucoughbackstabbercoughcough* never told anyone Kairi was pregnat then why when Kairi and Tori fought it said "But I also heard Tori call out to me. Something about me being a wimp. And something about my baby." how was that possible if she didn't know Kairi was pregnat

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Hey guys. This next chapter might take longer than I thought. It's really important and I need it to be perfect. So hopefully, it will be up really late tonight. Sorry bout this. I just don't wanna rush this one.

And thanks dark mage. I'm glad you like it. :)

And I didn't even realize I wrote that. Crap. That's got to be fixed...It was sort of a last minute change and I completely overlooked that. But as of now, no one knows that Kairi is pregnant except for Sora, Riku, Selphie and the Mayor. Sorry about that. I honestly didn't realize I did that. o_O Thanks for letting me know.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Well, wouldn't ya know? I was wrong again. I just happen to have this chapter done earlier than expected! :D

I really hope you guys like this one. It explains some stuff. I just hope you all understand it. o_O

Oh and remember what I said before. This fic isn't based on anything that happened in KH2 because I know nothing about the game yet. I'm waiting till it comes out so whatever you read in here probably will be different from the game. So don't complain about that! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 14 – Choices of the Heart

Riku and I sat on the narrow dock that extended over the ocean, our feet dangling freely off the edge. We were completely silent as we watched the colorful sunset, its’ brilliant shades blending into one marvelous hue. I closed my eyes as a strong ocean breeze ran over my face and through my hair. I tried so hard to gather all my thoughts, but my mind was unanimously empty - except for one single thing.

I could die.

After Riku had brought this horrifying fact to my attention, I nearly fainted from the emotional impact it caused. We then decided to take a walk while he tried to explain it all to me. At first it didn’t really make much sense, but now that I think about it, it seemed so incredibly obvious.

We took a long walk towards the sandy beach, my arm linked tightly in his. I didn’t do this for affection, but for stability. I couldn’t concentrate enough to watch where I was going so Riku’s arm provided me with balance. The whole way, I didn’t say a thing. I just listened to every dreadful word that escaped his mouth.

“I know this is probably a huge shock to you Kairi,” he began. “But there are some things I need to explain. And once I do, you’ll understand why you need to give up this baby.”

I kept my mouth shut, suddenly interested in whatever he had to tell me.

“While Sora and I were gone, something…bad happened between us,” he paused for a few moments, making me only want to know more. “You know how we were both fighting for you? Well, I sort of took the wrong path to do it.”

“The path to darkness?” I unexpectedly spoke out.

“Yea…” he shamefully agreed, keeping his eyes low on the ground.

I gazed up at him, my eyes crinkling in confusion. “But I already knew that, Riku.”

“I know. But as I went on, I only delved deeper and deeper into darkness. Eventually, it completely consumed me. I would have died, but Sora, being the brave and courageous person he is, saved me. Even though we had our differences, he still came through and put his life on the line for me.”

Although this only seemed to raise more questions, I remained silent, waiting for him to continue his explanation.

“Anyway, although Sora saved me, the darkness could not be fully removed from me,” he said, stopping in his tracks to face me. “Darkness still runs through my veins, Kairi. And that can’t be good for our baby.”

I glared into his serious eyes, a glint of concern hidden behind them. I actually feared this the moment I found out I was pregnant. But since things had been overly crazy the past few weeks, I had completely forgotten about it.

“Why do you think this?” I asked, wondering how this could possibly be true.

Riku kept quiet for a few seconds as he carefully gathered his words. “When I was lost to darkness, I fell in with the wrong group of people. They made me much stronger and I learned a lot from them. But they also made me fall deeper into the darkness.”

I continued to glare at him hazily, not exactly sure where this was going.

“Anyway, you know how the light can overcome darkness, right?”

I nodded.

“Well, when you mix pure darkness and pure light, you get…twilight.”

My stare became even hazier. I didn’t understand what he was saying one bit. I suppose he noticed how lost I looked and felt the need to explain further.

“Twilight is another form between light and darkness. It’s very powerful, if not more powerful than the others.”

“So what you’re saying,” I began. “Is that our baby is gonna be some powerful twilight…thing?”

“Yes and no. There’s a chance it will just be a normal child, with the pure heart of it’s mother. And because the light can overcome darkness, it will not be purely dark. But it will most likely become twilight.”

As I listened to Riku, I finally understood what he was talking about. It made perfect sense since I am a Princess of Heart and he still has darkness within him. “Alright, but why is this going to kill me?”

Riku sighed, as if preparing himself for the worst. “Remember how I said twilight is very powerful? Well, there’s a chance this baby could be…more powerful than you.”

I raised my eyebrows and dropped my jaw in shock. “So, you’re saying that I’m not strong enough to handle this child?...” I asked, appalled that he could even think this.

“No, that’s not it. I know you are strong Kairi. But this baby…it could become so powerful and physically drain you of all your light.”

When he said this, I felt a cold chill travel up my spine. “It just doesn’t make sense…” I whispered, shaking my head in disbelief.

“I know it seems confusing. But it’s true. The baby has already been infused with my darkness. As you give birth, it will withdraw every ounce of light in your heart. And then…it will become twilight.”

And that means it will kill me...

I remained silent. At that moment, there were no thoughts running through my mind, no words forming in my throat. I felt as if I wasn’t even me anymore. Like this whole mess was a terrible nightmare and I would wake up screaming in the comfort of my bed.

“Kairi?...” I suddenly felt everything rush in again. I was me. And this was real.

“How…how do you know this? How can you be sure this will happen?”

“When I fell in with the wrong group of people, they taught me many things. Although I learned about every aspect of darkness, I also learned about twilight and its’ mysterious power.”

I guess I continued to give him a blank expression because he soon put both hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes, instantly sending a warm and gentle calm throughout me. He then spoke softly, making me completely believe every word he said. “You have to trust me, Kairi. I wouldn’t lie to you about something like this. Especially since it means your life.”

I nodded, completely understanding everything he said to me. By this time, we had already reached the abandoned beach and were sitting on the edge of the dock. The sun was almost fully set, the stars just starting to peek from the night sky. I stared at the ocean as its waves came crashing upon the legs of the pier, gradually wearing them down. And as I thought more and more about my future, I knew what I needed to do.

“Okay…” I finally whispered, standing up on the dock. “I trust you Riku.”

He smiled faintly and pushed himself up to stand next to me. “Good. You know what you have to do now, right?”

I nodded again, inhaling the salty ocean air. “Yea. But I’m still having this baby.”

“What?!” Riku responded, obviously surprised of my decision.

“I already told you, Riku. No matter what, I’m not giving up on this child. Thank you for letting me know all this though. It gives me time to…prepare,” I said calmly, turning around and making my way back home.

“Wait, Kairi! You don’t understand! If this baby is brought into our world, it can easily destroy not only you, but everything else!”

I quickly snapped my head over my shoulder and spoke a little more stern. “You said that this baby could be twilight. But you also said that it could be normal. I think I’m going to take those chances.”

“Kairi, you can’t!”

But I was already half way down the dock when he shouted after me. I had made my decision and that was final. No one could make me change my mind, no matter what the consequence. Although everything Riku told me seemed true, I just couldn’t believe that this child would cause my death. I am a Princess of Heart and I’m strong. Nothing could change that.

I approached my house only to find a white envelope on the front step with my name on it. I hesitantly reached down to pick it up and slid my finger under the seal to open it. As I read the clearly rushed note, I felt my heart sink.

Kairi,
Please meet me in the Secret Place at 9 PM sharp. There are some things we need to talk about.
Sora

unknow_92

WOW poor kairi i would be scared to death
That was An ..AWSOME chapter :D
i have to see what happens next
hummm...i wonder what sora wants ?

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all liked it! ^_^

The next chapter will most likely be up later on tonight. If not, then it will definitely be up tomorrow.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
New chapter! Hope you all like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 15 – True Love Lasts Forever

I stood in the middle of the vast abandoned beach, staring in the direction of the Secret Place. It was pitch dark now, the only light illuminating from the brightly lit moon above me. I took a deep breath, knowing that Sora was somewhere inside our secret cave, waiting for me. My heart was pounding out of nervousness. The last time I actually talked to him was four weeks ago when I told him I was pregnant.

I wasn’t sure how long I had been standing in the sand, but by now, it was mostly likely past 9 PM. I held my breath as I took a step forward and made my way towards the dark, shady cave.

I maneuvered my way through the narrow entrance until it opened up into the circular, hollow den. I instantly saw Sora sitting against the wall, his head slightly tilted towards his shoulder. I quietly walked up to him, but noticed that his eyes were shut tightly. I didn't know it at first, but he was sleeping. Once I realized it, I smirked innocently, finding the way he looked so cute.

Although I desperately wanted to know why I needed to come here, I didn’t want to disturb Sora. Instead, I decided let him sleep and pass the time by drawing on the cave walls, something I hadn’t done in a while.

I knelt down before a bare spot on the wall and grabbed a nearby rock. But the moment I started to graze against it, I heard Sora’s voice, his tone weak and tired. “Kairi?...”

I turned my head in his direction and gave him a friendly smile. “Hey Sleepyhead,” I said, sitting back on my heels.

“Sorry. How long have I been out?” he asked, rubbing away the drowsiness in his eyes.

“Well, I just got here. So I’d say at least half an hour.”

“Oh,” he replied, quickly standing up and stretching out his body. “You should have woken me up.”

I stood up as well, holding my hands behind my back. “I couldn’t. You looked so cu…comfortable…”

With a small laugh, Sora rubbed the back of his neck in a visibly uncomfortable way. “Nah. That was the worst nap I ever had.”

I giggled when he said this and he smiled back. At that moment, I couldn’t help but realize how much I missed him. We remained quiet for awhile, just staring at each other. And it suddenly made me wonder what this was all about. “So. You wanted to talk about something?...”

He nodded quickly, averting his eyes from me. “Yea. I just wanted to…apologize. For what happened in school the other day. Tori shouldn’t have done that to you.”

I wasn’t expecting this so he kind of threw me off guard. “Oh. Well, it’s no big deal…” I said even though it was. But I was more confused at why this apology was coming from him and not Tori.

“It was a big deal, Kairi,” he replied immediately, gazing back at me. “That’s why I broke up with her.”

“What?! No! You shouldn’t have done that, Sora. She didn’t know my condition,” I shouted, the sadness in my voice remarkably surprising me. “It wasn’t her fault anyway. I slapped her first.”

“Yea but she deserved it. Especially because of the way she treated you and everything. I’m really sorry about that…”

“Don’t be, Sora. You didn’t do anything.”

“You’re right. I didn’t do anything. I should have stopped everyone from teasing you. But…I just couldn’t. Not after…”

“Just stop,” I interrupted, my voice calm. “You have every right to be angry with me. I hurt you in the worst possible way. I don’t expect you to ever forgive me.”

“I know,” he said softly, shifting his eyes nervously. “I never expected it either…”

Expected? Did I hear him correctly?

“Kairi…As much as I hated what happened between us, I just can’t get you out of my head. I’m worried about you. Riku obviously doesn’t have your side with this…baby,” he said, pausing briefly. “That’s why I want to help you.”

I raised my eyebrows, feeling so completely and utterly shocked by this that it made me forget Riku’s warning of my death. “Sora…I can’t let you do that.”

“But I want to,” he responded, almost sounding desperate. “Do you know how difficult it can be to raise a kid by yourself? Especially at 15?”

Oh I knew, believe me. It was difficult to just walk around normally. “Yea, I know how hard it’s going to be. But do you know that? If you help me, it’s going to take a lot of time and dedication. I really can’t hold you to that.”

“Please let me help, Kairi. I miss you so much,” he said, slowly walking towards me. “You have no idea how many times I wanted to just…” he paused, gently reaching for my hands. “…hold you again.”

As much as I wanted to be with Sora again, this just didn’t feel right. “Sora…I cheated on you. I slept with Riku and am now pregnant. Why would you ever want to hold me again?” I spoke slowly and clearly, hoping that my words would knock some sense into him.

But Sora looked deep within my eyes and smiled so beautifully that I felt my whole body tingle with numbness. “Because I love you, Kairi. And nothing can ever change that.”

“But…aren’t you angry with me? Don’t you want to call me ‘slut’, or ‘tramp’, or some other cruel name like everyone else does? Don’t you just want to find another girl who won’t cheat on you and…”

“Of course I was angry,” he interrupted while unusually keeping a smile on his face. “And I admit that it still hurts. But I realized that life without you is even more painful.”

“Are you sure about this?” I whispered, tears brimming my eyes.

Sora then reached up and placed a gentle hand on my cheek. “I’m sure…” he said softly, leaning down to kiss me.

Although I felt his lips touch mine, I didn’t respond in any way to it. Instead I just stood there and let him completely take over my mind and soul. I wished this moment could last forever, but I knew that it wouldn’t. Because at that instant, everything that Riku had told me came rushing into my head. And this whole moment seemed to just slip right through my fingers and vanish forever.

I thought that maybe I should tell Sora everything. If he did want to help me, he would have to know that I could possibly be killed while giving birth. But something held me back. I also knew that if I did tell him, he would act just like Riku and try to convince me to give up the baby. And I just couldn’t deal with that.

So, I just stood there, Sora’s lips locked onto mine. And I felt that same dreadful feeling of deceit, knowing that I was keeping yet another secret from him.

But it’s for the best, isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back