• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
A few notes before you read!

1)This is taking place after KH2 has ended. And I’m not really going by anything that happened in that game, considering it’s not out yet.
2)This is written in first person as Kairi.
3)YES! This is a romance fanfic, complete with love triangles and lots of drama. So be warned.
4)I will probably mix things up later on in the fanfic, depending on how it goes, so it can include more action and fighting.
5)Comment please! I know my first fanfic was a flop, so I’d appreciate it if you read this and give me your feedback…PLEASE! ^_^
6)Thank you and I hope you enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1 – The Bonds That Break

It’s been just one year since he left. And I can still remember the exact words that escaped from his mouth the moment we were separated…

After another long and tiring day at school, I sulked my way over to my old island and towards the vast abandoned beach it still held so precious to my heart. It was the same beach that Sora and I parted on just one year ago. I stood right by the ocean’s edge, just before the waves that came crashing onto the shore. As I quietly gazed at the horizon, I hoped that, somehow, he would be there, with that same cocky smile engraved in his perfect face. You see, everyday since he left, I would do this. I would imagine him running towards me, embracing me tightly, so I could feel whole again. And I would pray that one magical day, I would see him.

That’s why I guess after waiting so long, I never expected it to happen so quickly…

As I continued to stare out into the distance, I saw a figure far out in the ocean. At first, I thought I was hallucinating, no doubt being fooled by my imaginative mind. But it soon began to walk towards me, picking up its’ pace, obviously eager to get here. I wasn’t sure who it was or why they would even be that far in the water.

I squinted lightly and hovered my hand above my eyes to shield them from the sun. When I was finally able to see who it was, my eyes quickly widened as a long gasp escaped from my mouth, my heart beating wildly in my chest.

It was him. The boy I’d been waiting so desperately to see again. He began to push harder through the water, once he also realized that I was standing on the beach, now eagerly waiting for him. I could barely believe that this was happening. This moment that I dreamed of for over a year, had finally arrived. I actually didn’t believe it was true, until I heard his voice call out to me.

“Kairi!” he shouted enthusiastically, a bright smile planted in his face.

The moment I heard his voice, I felt my knees cave in and wobble. But I also felt tears well up in my throat, completely overwhelmed by his sudden arrival.

“Sora!!” I shouted back, taking off towards him and splashing right into the ocean. Pushing the water back, I felt myself thrust into the air as I landed in his arms, his strong body up against mine. Although he held me gently, there was a certain firmness in his grasp, like he never wanted to let go.

Regretfully pulling back, I carefully looked him up and down, awed by how much he had changed in just one year. He had gotten taller and his face was more mature. His clothes were darker, but represented the brave and courageous person that he was. As I looked into his eyes, I could tell that he was examining me the same way, no doubt shocked by how much I changed too.

We stood silent for a few moments, not really sure of what to say. I wondered how he got here and what he had really been up to. But those questions seemed unimportant for I just wanted to stay here and be with him until the end of time.

“Kairi,” he finally said, speaking softly. “I’m sorry it took this long to get back to you. I had to take care of some things. But it’s all over now. And I’m back. Just like I promised.”

With that being said, I felt my body take control over me. A smile spread across my dazed face as I stood high up on my toes and placed a soft kiss on his lips. I was so shocked that I had actually done this, that I quickly backed away, feeling my face turn red in embarrassment.

But he responded with that famous smile of his and pulled me closer into him, as he leaned in and kissed me back gently. At that moment, I felt as if everything around me went hazy and the only thing that seemed real was us. And I knew that I wanted it to be this way for the rest of my life.

But I suddenly heard another voice call out from behind me. And I felt my whole world shatter into pieces, once I quickly recognized who it was.

“You two ought to get a room. There are children around here, ya know.”

At that point, Sora and I pulled away, slowly loosening our grip from one another. We both turned in the direction the voice came from, our faces lighting up with happiness when we saw him standing valiantly on the beach, a smirk spread across his face.

“Riku!” Sora shouted, pushing himself through the water and grabbing my hand gently. We trudged all the way to the sandy shore and stopped just before him. The two boys shook hands firmly and went in to give each other a slight hug.

It was a strange moment for me, because I could feel my face glowing bright red, completely shocked by Riku’s new appearance. He had gotten so much older since I last saw him, and I could hardly believe that it was really him. For some reason, I couldn’t take my eyes off of him and I could feel this odd sensation growing rapidly inside me. Whether it was some sort of attraction to him or just a bad stomach ache, I couldn’t really tell.

Either way, I think Riku could sense what was going on with me, because at the moment, he looked over Sora’s shoulder and grinned at me. And his warm smile made my insides flutter to pieces and melt completely. I smiled back and waved slightly, wanting so bad to give him a hug. But instead, I let the two boys catch up and talk over their recent adventures, even though, for some reason, they didn’t look too thrilled to be together again.

“So, how exactly did you end up back here?” Sora asked Riku, who occasionally snuck a glance at me from the corner of his eye.

“Oh, forget that Sora. We’re back, aren’t we? Let’s just be happy that we’re safe at home with Kairi. And with no worries ahead of us.”

But that’s where Riku was wrong. Because as I stood there on the shore’s edge, I could see the strict tension between the two. Although Sora and Riku were home and happy to be back, there was something different with them, something holding them apart. Like a tall invisible wall was separating their seemingly immortal bond. I wasn’t exactly sure if it would be repairable, considering their hesitation with one another. But I had a pretty good feeling of what was causing the rift between them…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, please don’t hate it cause it seems like a Riku/Kairi pairing. Like I said, there will be lots of drama, so just stick around to see what happens. ^_^

unknow_92

Golden_x_Heart said:
wow...you know, i liek it a lot more than i thought i would from teh title - i think its gunna turn out to be a prety good fic!
ill be looking forward to an update!
<3

edit: FIRST POST! w00tness!

haha yea i agree i think this story is gonna turn out really interesting

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks guys! ^_^ I'm glad you like it.

I'll try to get the next chapter up as soon as possible. Maybe tomorrow night, if not, then definitely thursday night.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks again you guys! Here is chapter two! I hope you guys like it as much as the first! *sweatdrop*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2 – A Tough Decision

For the rest of the day, Sora, Riku, and I spent our time walking around our old island, reminiscing about past events and catching up on the many things we missed. Although we had been apart for a year, it seemed like things hadn’t changed between us. Sora and Riku were even getting along pretty well, which made me wonder if I was wrong about the barrier between them.

Time seemed to pass by too quickly and I noted how the sun was starting to set, its’ brilliant colors spreading across the sky. We all decided to watch the sun descend and agreed on hanging out at our old spot by the paopu tree. As we took our usual positions, Sora and I sitting on the branch and Riku leaning against it, I couldn’t help but feel so incredibly happy that we we’re all together again. And I just wished it could stay this way, forever.

“So, where were you guys? What happened to you? And how in the world did you end up back here?” I eagerly asked, wanting to know every detail about their adventures.

But they were both silent for a moment, soon letting out a small chuckle together. “I wouldn’t even know where to begin,” Riku said, folding his arms as he watched the colorful sunset.

“Yea. It’s way too complicated to explain,” Sora agreed, laying back against the branch, his hands behind his head.

I felt a little shut down when they said this, almost as if they were hiding something. But I shook the feeling away, knowing that they were my best friends. They would never hide anything from me, especially something important. Besides, I knew they had to be right. Explaining everything they went through would be much too difficult.

The sun was now completely set, the dark night sky illuminating from the millions of stars that occupied it. I suddenly felt a cold chill pass right by us, the wind blowing my hair wildly in front of my face. I began to tuck it back behind my ear but, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Riku glaring at me, a hypnotized smile on his face. I turned to face him and smiled back. But once he knew that I caught him sneaking a peek at me, he turned away, pretending like it never happened.

Sora sat up again and stretched his well toned body. “Well, I guess we should get home now. It’s already dark.”

Nodding my head in agreement, Sora jumped off the branch before me and waited for me to jump down as well. But, of course, I had a little trouble. “Here. Let me help you, Kairi,” he said, reaching forward.

He gently wrapped his hands around my waist and picked me up, high into the air. As he placed me back down, I couldn’t help but notice how close we were, our noses almost touching. I hesitantly looked up into his eyes, my heart melting at how gorgeous he looked in the moonlight. I stood motionless for a moment, frozen by his alluring presence.

But I unexpectedly heard someone clear their throat behind us. I turned around towards it and saw Riku standing nervously, obviously waiting for us. I reluctantly pulled away from Sora and walked off, hearing his slow footsteps following behind me. Before I could really get anywhere, I felt Riku’s hand softly grasp my arm.

“Wait Kairi. I never got a chance to give you this,” he said rather abruptly, walking in closer to me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out something that was shielded in his palm. “Now close your eyes and hold out your hand.”

I was a little surprised that Riku had actually gotten me something, yet anxious to know what it was. Doing as he said, I held out my hand and slowly shut my eyes. Then, I felt his hand hover over mine and completely grab it, a light item falling into it. He let his hand rest on mine for a few extra seconds before letting go, his fingertips lightly grazing my palm. “Okay. Open your eyes.”

The moment I opened them, I let out a shocked gasp and covered my mouth in awe. In the middle of my palm, lay a silver bracelet with various charms attached to it. A heart, crown, flower, and even a star. And if I didn’t know any better, I would say that the star was more of a paopu fruit than anything else.

“Oh my…Thank you so much Riku!” I said ecstatically. Leaning in close, I stood high up on my toes and gave him a heart felt hug, my head resting flat against his chest. He hugged me back in a gentle yet firm way. And I could feel in his grasp that he never wanted to let go, just like the way Sora did earlier that day.

That’s when it hit me. Sora was still standing there, waiting for us to go home. Again, I reluctantly pulled away from Riku and smiled elegantly at him. He smiled back, his gentle face once again making my stomach flutter away.

“Well let’s go. It’s been an exciting day and I’m pretty tired,” I said, eyeing Sora who looked a little pissed off. I walked quickly in front of the boys, hoping not to cause any more awkward moments between the three of us.

But that seemed to only make it worse because, the whole way home, not one of us said a word to each other. I was the first to arrive home, since my house was the closest from where we were. They each hugged me, rather softly this time, and I watched as the two uncomfortably shook hands and separated towards home.

That’s when I saw it again. That thick wall that pushed Sora and Riku apart, had unfortunately returned.

Once they were gone, I quickly turned around and went inside my quiet house, slowly shutting the door behind me. But no fewer than 10 minutes later, I heard my doorbell ring and I had a good feeling of who it was. When I opened the door, I smiled softly, my eyes crinkling in confusion. “Hey Sora. What’s up?”

“Kairi, we need to talk,” he said, shifting nervously in his spot. “And it’s pretty important. Do you think we can we go for a walk…alone?”

I looked around, noticing how Riku was out of sight, probably home by now. Nodding cheerfully, I walked out the door and shut it securely behind me. “Sure. What is it?” I asked as we started walking towards the beach, each step making me more curious as to what it could be.

“Well, for the past two years, I’ve been fighting many dark and evil things. I’ve seen and experienced things that I never want to experience again. But, you see, it was all for you. I did it all so I could protect you. And be with you once again. Your face kept me going and whenever I felt like giving up, I’d just think of you and I’d get this boost of energy,” he said, stopping in his spot so he could face me.

He stared attentively in my eyes, his warm and tender hand reaching for mine. “I know what can happen out there in the world. And I’m not gonna stand another day without telling you the truth. What I’m trying to say is…I love you, Kairi.”

I felt my heart sink when he said this, both shocked and thrilled by those three famous words. I knew I loved him back. I always had, ever since I first saw him. And I was so happy that it was finally out in the open.

“Oh, Sora,” I said softly, an incredible grin spreading across my face. “I love you too.”

The moment I said this, Sora smiled beautifully and grabbed my other hand, lacing his fingers through mine. “Kairi, you have no idea how happy I am to hear that. I was so worried that it was all for nothing. That you didn’t feel the same way. But now I know it. And we can be together. Forever.”

As he spoke, I felt tears well up in my eyes. And I couldn’t help but feel speechless as I stared up into his sparkling eyes. “Sora,” I said, my voice breaking from the huge lump in my throat. “I’ve been fighting for you too. Everyday, I would pray for you and patiently wait for your return. I felt so lonely and depressed without you. But now I know I can be truly happy. With you.”

At that point, Sora picked me up into the air and spun me around, a glowing smile on his radiant face. As he let me down, he kissed me hard on the lips, his hands slowly sliding up my arms and cupping my head gracefully. He gently ran his fingers through my hair and I once again felt that hazy aura around us, like everything in the world had just disappeared.

We eventually stopped and embraced each other passionately, my arms loosely wrapped around his neck. I guess I was so built up in the moment, that I didn’t even realize there was something in my hand. I heard a light jingle inside it and pressed my fingers together, suddenly remembering what it was. I opened my hand slowly, and felt my heart shatter, when it revealed the small silver bracelet that Riku had given me. And I couldn’t help but think of him.

Although I knew I loved Sora with all my heart, I just couldn’t shake this…yearning for Riku. Why did he make me feel so weak inside? And why couldn’t I stop thinking about him, even though I was in Sora’s arms?

As Sora and I hugged genuinely, I secretly played with the bracelet in my hand, admiring it with so much passion as I continually envisioned Riku's perfect face in my mind.

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Aww! Thank you golden_x_heart! ^_^

And yes! Expect A LOT of drama soon! Especially the next chapter. Which I'm starting now! Hopefully, I'll have it up tonight since I won't be around all day tomorrow!

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thank you guys again! You're all so nice!

Okay! Here is chapter three and I hope you guys like it! ^_^

And I hope more people actually comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3 – Love, Lust, and Lies

That night, after Sora had walked me home, he placed a tender kiss on my lips and we reluctantly said goodbye to each other. I went inside after he had left and thought about the days amazing events. Sora and Riku were finally back home. And now, Sora and I were together. But Riku…

I looked down at my hand, the bracelet still hidden by my crunched up fist. Raising my arm slowly, I opened up my palm again and stared at the beautiful sparkling item that lay within it. You see, the thing is, I know I love Sora so much. I always have and always will. But Riku has been there too. He’s extremely important to me and I know I care about him just as much. But every time I see him, every time I look at him, I just can’t help myself. There’s something about him that completely draws me into him and swallows me whole.

Slowly trudging my way upstairs, I couldn’t keep him out of my mind. And I tried so hard to figure out just why he wouldn’t escape from me. I had difficulty sleeping, but eventually dozed off, lost in puzzling dreams.

~*~

When I woke up the next morning, the sun was shining brightly through my window. I quickly jumped out of bed, feeling extremely rejuvenated for some reason. After a quick shower and change of clothes, I happily went downstairs to make myself some breakfast. But as I was about to start, I heard my doorbell ring as it echoed throughout the house.

A bright smile spread across my face and I jumped up into the air, knowing instantly who it was. I felt myself get all excited, expecting Sora to be standing there with that cocky grin on his face. And maybe even a bouquet of flowers…Maybe.

But as I opened the door, my exciting face turned into an alarmed expression. “Riku!” I said, happy that he was there, yet confused for the same reason. “What’s up?” I asked, feeling that same rush of eagerness from him once again.

“Hey Kairi. I just came by cause Sora told me to tell you that he wouldn’t be around today. His mom’s making him pay a visit to all his family members now that he’s back,” he said, looking a little nervous himself. When he said this, I knew Sora had obviously talked to him. But what exactly did he say? Did he tell Riku that we were a couple now?

“Oh. Okay,” I replied, a hint of sadness in my voice. “Well, thanks. I guess your mom isn’t making you visit your family then?” I asked, feeling a little lucky that I didn’t really have parents. I’d always lived with the mayor of Destiny Islands ever since I came here. But he was never around since he was so busy with work.

“Nope. Thank God. I don’t think I could handle gross kisses from people I barely like,” he replied with a laugh. I laughed with him, wondering just what to say next. But Riku had quickly jumped in, anxious to speak. “So, if you’re not doing anything today, wanna hang out? At least until Sora gets back?”

When he asked this, I could sense a trace of hope in his voice, like he had previously planned how to ask me this and prayed to God that I’d say yes. I figured it wasn’t that bad of an idea, being that I really wanted to catch up with Riku. Plus, I couldn’t find it in me to say no to him.

“Sure!” I said, a little too excitedly. I saw his face glow up as he amazingly smiled once again, his dazzling face making my heart skip a beat.

He suggested that we go to the beach and hangout. I agreed happily, feeling like a swim wouldn’t be so bad. After quickly running upstairs, I changed into a bathing suit and threw on a pair of shorts and a tank top. But before I left my room, I saw the bracelet Riku had given me lying on my dresser. I stared at it for a few moments before finally deciding to put it on.

I ran back downstairs and we left quickly, the beaming Saturday sun shining down upon us. As Riku and I walked towards the beach, we talked about many things but he suddenly challenged me to a race.

“No way. You’d win for sure,” I said, putting a hand on my hip.

“No I won’t…Why don’t I give you a head start? Look, were really close to the beach anyway,” he said, pointing towards the ocean, its’ waves crashing amongst the shore. I contemplated this for a few moments before finally agreeing.

“Okay….But wait until I get a good distance!” I shouted as I began to sprint towards the beach, feeling so certain that I would win. But no sooner than a few seconds later, I heard Riku’s quick footsteps close behind me. It only made me run faster, until I suddenly felt myself being lifted into the air, a loud scream escaping from my mouth. I looked down and noticed that Riku had somehow managed to catch up to me, and had picked me up onto his shoulder. I continued to scream as he ran right into the sea, our bodies flopping forward into the water.

I stayed underwater for a few minutes, feeling my adrenaline rush like crazy. I couldn’t believe that Riku had just picked me up like that. And it only made me feel more attracted to him.

As I pushed myself to the surface, I saw Riku emerge just after me. The moment he did, I felt my head spin around in circles and my heart beating faster. The way he looked made me melt completely, his long drenched hair covering his perfect blue eyes. He must have noticed how dazed I was because he smiled brilliantly and pushed his way towards me. I bit my lip hard, fighting this lustful urge inside me.

“Riku! Why did you do that?!” I shouted playfully, splashing water in his face.

He laughed at me before splashing back lightly, gracefully flinging his silvery hair back. “Sorry Kairi. I just couldn’t resist.”

I smiled and laughed again as the two of us began to walk back towards the shore. When we reached the sand, I flipped my hair over and shook it out to help dry it. But when I flipped back up, my eyes bulged and I literally almost fell over. Riku had taken off his shirt and was only in his bathing suit, revealing his gorgeous body. I felt stunned, not knowing what to say or do. He crinkled his eyes in confusion, but soon smirked once he realized what had hit me.

“Hey, Kairi. Are you okay?” he asked, amused yet concerned.

I replied by stuttering like an idiot. “Wha…Yea. Yea. I’m good. Just a little dizzy. It’s really…hot. And. I feel…sweaty…”

“Well, let’s go back in the water. You are wearing a bathing suit, right?”

I nodded quickly as I gently pulled my shirt over my head and dropped it into the sand. I noticed Riku get all fidgety and shift in his spot when I did this. I silently laughed and took off my shorts, showing off my new floral pink bikini.

“Riku? Are you okay?” I asked, realizing how he was just standing there, staring at me.

“Yea. Sorry. I just…didn’t realize you were wearing the bracelet I gave you. I’m glad you like it.”

I looked down at it and smiled. “Of course. It’s beautiful.”

“Well, I got it for a beautiful girl.”

When he said this, I couldn’t help but feel flattered. But at the same time, I felt incredibly awkward. A little voice in my head reminded me that I did have a boyfriend, after all. And it made me wonder. Was I cheating?

Without making any sort of reply, I walked right into the ocean and dove underwater. The waves felt good against me and made me calm down a little. And for some reason, they made me think of Sora and how much I missed him.

“Kairi…” I heard Riku say as he walked in after me. I stood up in the water and watched as he walked closer to me, making my heart race a thousand miles a minute. He had a serious look on his face, like he wanted to tell me something important. And that scared me more than anything.

He came really close to me and stared down at me with yearning eyes. I felt so completely drawn to him and so ready to just jump into his muscular arms. But he hesitantly lifted his hand and placed it gently on my cheek.

“Kairi, I just want you to know something. The whole time I was gone, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I fought so hard just so I could see you again. And I…I don’t want to lose you.”

I guess I was so shocked at how his little speech sounded remarkably like Sora’s, that I didn’t even realize him leaning in to kiss me. We came very close to an actual lip lock, but I reluctantly pulled away, leaving him in complete rejection.

“Riku,” I said quietly, my voice breaking from the tears building up inside me. “I…Sora and I…We…We’re together. Last night, he asked me and I said yes. We’re a couple. We’re happy together.”

The look on Riku’s face was enough to make several tears slide down my cheek. He heavily dropped his hand and backed away from me, quickly averting his eyes. “I should have known,” he said quietly. “But tell me Kairi, if you’re so happy, then why are you crying right now?”

With that, Riku walked out of the ocean and back up the shore, grabbing his shirt along the way. And there I stood, in the middle of the ocean, crying my eyes out over the two boys I loved the most.

Last edited:

Gamergirl

Silver Member
dang i know riku's blown lol
i like the way the story's goin so far
i wanna know what happens next . . . . maybe sora and riku fight over kairi hmm . . .??? lol

unknow_92

Gamergirl89 said:
dang i know riku's blown lol
i like the way the story's goin so far
i wanna know what happens next . . . . maybe sora and riku fight over kairi hmm . . .??? lol

with the way things are going maybe they will :D
looking forward to the chapter the story is turning out
great :D

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Hmm...maybe they will. Maybe they won't. You'll just have to wait and see. :D

But thanks guys! I just wanna say that I love you all! ^_^

Unfortunately, the next chapter won't be up for at least the next two days. I have some things I need to take care of. But we'll see. If I'm lucky, I may have it up reallly late tomorrow or early on Saturday.

So don't go anywhere! ;)

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Ofcourse not golden! I added you as well! ^_^

Well, here is chapter 4. Hope you guys like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 4 – He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

I continued to stand in the ocean, the soft waves running just over my thigh. And I painfully watched as Riku walked away from me, his image hazy from all the tears that blocked my sight. I tried to think of what just happened. What did I say to him? I can’t remember. It happened so fast that it feels like one big blur. All I know is that I don’t want him to leave. Can I make him come back?

But it was too late. Riku was already out of sight, my shirt and shorts being the only thing left behind on the beach. I walked slowly towards them and fell to my knees once I reached the sand. Why was this happening? Sora and Riku were back. Why couldn’t I just be glad instead of fighting over them? I thought that once they came home, I could actually be happy again. Was I wrong about that?

Wiping away my tears, I tossed on my shirt and shorts as I decided to go to the only place that would keep me remotely sane. And once I reached the musty interior of the Secret Place, I magically felt relieved of all my problems.

While Sora and Riku were gone for all that time, I would come here often and think back to all the great memories we had together. And I would sometimes draw new pictures to add to our old ones. Somehow, it always managed to make me feel better.

I ran my fingers over the cold, rough walls as I slowly paced through the cave. Smiles would occasionally come to my face, as would frowns. I let myself sit down on the dusty ground and leaned my head against the uncomfortable wall. I’m not sure how long I was sitting there but the next thing I knew, I heard a familiar voice from nearby.

“Kairi? Is that you?”

I turned my head quickly, instantly realizing who it was. A smile came to my exhausted face and I pushed myself up off the ground. Running over to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, lovingly taking in everything about him.

“I’m glad you’re back, Sora. How was your family?” I asked, curious about his day.

He pulled away, crinkling his eyes in confusion. “My family? What are you talking about?” he asked, obviously clueless. “I was calling you all day so we could hang out. But you never picked up. I thought you might be here, so I decided to check it out.”

The moment he said this, I felt a terrible mix of anger and shock run through me. Riku had lied to me. He told me that Sora wouldn’t be home today, when in fact, he really was. And he was waiting for me all day while I was out, flirting and having fun with Riku. I felt so horrible, so deceitful. How would I explain this to him?

“Kairi, what’s wrong? You look confused,” he said, placing a warm hand on my face.

I looked up at him with teary eyes and smiled, shaking my head back and forth. “Nothing. I’m okay. I’m sorry that I didn’t answer your calls. The phone in my house…was broken. I should have told you,” I lied, keeping a smile on my face to cover up.

“It’s ok. We’re here now,” he said, smiling back and leaning in to kiss me. I didn’t really feel like kissing at that moment since I knew I had done something horribly wrong. But as unfaithful as I felt, I let him do whatever he wanted to me. I felt like I needed to owe it to him somehow.

As he kissed me hard on the lips, we slowly backed up into the cold cave wall. His body was completely up against mine and I could feel the warmth of his breath as he began to plant tender kisses on my neck. He gracefully ran his hands from my face, over my shoulders, and down my arms. But he stopped at my wrist, slowing down his pace, and eventually pulling away.

That’s when it hit me. The bracelet. He must have felt the bracelet that I was still wearing. Gripping my wrist lightly, he lifted my hand up and stared at the silvery ornament. I could tell by the look on his face that he felt totally crushed. “This…this is the bracelet Riku gave you,” he stated, like I didn’t know it.

“Yea,” I replied quietly, not liking where this was going.

“Why are you wearing it?” he asked, taking his hands off of me and completely backing away.

“Because I like it. It’s beautiful and…”

“Do you have feelings for Riku?” he interrupted, his now angry voice echoing throughout the cave.

“What?! Sora, how can you even…”

“Don’t avoid the question. Do you have feelings for him or not?!”

Inside my head, I kept screaming over and over again, ‘Yes! I do have feelings for him! But I love you a million times more!’ But because he caught me off guard, I decided to answer him back with another dumb question. “Why are you…”

“Were you with him today?! Is that why you didn’t answer my calls?” he interrupted once again, his face growing red from frustration.

By now, the anger fuming out of Sora was so visible that it sent a horrifying chill through my body. I felt so helpless and frightened since I had never seen him like this before. It made me lean so far back into the wall that the sharp edges were piercing into my skin. But I felt like I needed to get away from Sora, his terrifying presence making me feel trapped. “We…we just hung out. It was nothing. Just friendly,” I answered in a pleading voice, hoping to calm him down.

“So you decided to hang out with that no good bastard instead of your own boyfriend?!”

“Sora, please. You’re…you’re scaring me…” As I said this, several tears fell down my cheek. I looked up at him with frightened eyes, hoping that he wouldn’t hurt me, just the thought of it making me tremble in fear.

In all my years of knowing Sora and being his best friend, I never thought this would actually happen. We were so close and knew everything about each other. So why was he suddenly acting completely crazy? This really wasn’t like him.

Because of my dismayed appearance, I thought he might actually comfort me and apologize for getting out of hand. But instead, he shook his head at me and stared back with disgusted eyes. “Yea. Well, you’re scaring me too.”

With that being said, Sora stormed out of the cave, leaving me behind in complete and utter shock. When I knew he was gone for sure, I weakly fell to the floor and began to sob uncontrollably. What just happened didn’t exactly make sense. And I couldn’t understand why he got so angry with me over a stupid bracelet.

Well, I guess it was more than just that. But he still got out of line, no matter how the situation seemed. And if he loved me so much, than why couldn’t he trust me enough to know I would never cheat on him?

Either way, I continued to lie on the dirty floor, my drenched face buried deep within my arms. Did he even realize how much he hurt me?

After what seemed like an eternity of crying, I pushed myself up and wiped my soaked face dry. I felt so incredibly empty and I needed something to help fill this gap inside me. Weaving my way out of the cave, I noticed that it was now pitch black outside, the stars hidden by a stormy cloud overhead.

What I needed at this moment, was someone to hold me. Someone to tell me everything would be okay. And since Sora obviously didn’t want to take any part in that right now, I made the most idiotic decision in my whole entire life. I decided to go to Riku’s house.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
o wow
now kairi's pissed both sora and riku off lol
yup there's definitly gonna be a fight lol
bring on chpater 5!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back