• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lost Soul Aside Indie FFXV-like game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon123

Found this on GameFAQs. I thought it looked amazing for an indie game. I'm sorry if something like this has been posted before.

[video=youtube;z5El-yYNUwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5El-yYNUwU[/video]

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
yea i saw it two was really good hard to believe it was done by one person tho but everything about it is perfect except for the voice acting

Well, voice-acting isn't that bad. Just some minor volume issues here and there, the voice of the dragon being awkward, haha. But the trailer's production is awesome, though I would have gone with a shorter video.

YoungXehanort

Website
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
Well, voice-acting isn't that bad. Just some minor volume issues here and there, the voice of the dragon being awkward, haha. But the trailer's production is awesome, though I would have gone with a shorter video.
yea maybe the character voice volume was low and i couldn't hear it right but hope he sounds badass like his design

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the coolest part is that even though a lot of the assets are borrowed/licensed, he has managed to make something so wholly amazing and unique. I'd play it if it releases on PS4. I think he needs to bring another person on board to work on improving the already good animations for cutscenes, though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Times like this I wonder why we even have 100+ AAA teams in this industry.

Foxycian

Awards
I think the coolest part is that even though a lot of the assets are borrowed/licensed, he has managed to make something so wholly amazing and unique. I'd play it if it releases on PS4. I think he needs to bring another person on board to work on improving the already good animations for cutscenes, though.
great graphics and battle system but still need more characters and progress in the storyline

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I haven't seen this before now, but it looks really cool. I'm interested to see what becomes of it, especially if it can reach a higher level of polish. I'd definitely play it if it came to PS4.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
If this hits PlayStation then I'll give this a go for sure. It kind of makes me think of what Drakengard should have become.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
One-Man Developer Of Final Fantasy XV-Inspired Lost Soul Aside Contacted By Sony And Epic
____________________________________________________________________________________________

In an earlier post, we mentioned how Final Fantasy XV inspired one man, a Korean indie developer by the name of Yang Bing, to singlehandedly create his own videogame called Lost Soul Aside.

Yang Bing recently took to Facebook to thank everyone who had expressed enthusiasm and support for his project and even addressed the suggestions for a Kickstarter.

People are recommending me to do a Kickstarter. Thank you guys. When the plan is ok, then I may turn to that. Kickstarter means too much responsibility for me now, and I’m afraid I can’t bear that at the time.”

Additionally, all the buzz about Lost Soul Aside seems to have attracted the attention of some big names in the industry, including Sony and Epic Games. Yang Bing had the following to say:

And there are some good news, that I got contacted by Sony and Epic Games. I don’t know if I can get their help. but this really gives me more confidence to finish Lost Soul Aside.”

To see the full messages left by Yang Bing, you can visit his Facebook page.

---

Source: One-Man Developer Of Final Fantasy XV-Inspired Lost Soul Aside Contacted By Sony And Epic - Siliconera

Good to know this project is getting the attention it deserves! :)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
when i heard ffxv-inspired i pictured a road trip simulator

it's impressive what one person can accomplish tho

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
when i heard ffxv-inspired i pictured a road trip simulator

it's impressive what one person can accomplish tho

Graphics are awesome; soundtrack is, too; same with the gameplay. I mean, look at that! Two complex, and one not so complex field there and he did it all by himself. He's got a future in the gaming industry beyond making games but also participating on AAA projects. Hell, he could work for a studio for a couple of years and then go indie.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;Ic1oTLGLihQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1oTLGLihQ[/video]

This game has come so far, SO FAR. Visually stunning. Game play and combat looks awesome.

For the first phase of the showcased boss I was thinking, "Wow this guy is a joke"

Then the second phase came..."holy shit!"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
[video=youtube;Ic1oTLGLihQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1oTLGLihQ[/video]

This game has come so far, SO FAR. Visually stunning. Game play and combat looks awesome.

For the first phase of the showcased boss I was thinking, "Wow this guy is a joke"

Then the second phase came..."holy shit!"

looks like ffxv may cry, pretty nice graphically but anything can look good- it has to play and feel good.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It helps that he was picked up by Sony. They've probably invested quite a bit in both him and this project so far. Really looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back