• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Lost my dog yesterday

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Well, i wasn't ever expecting to put anything in this section of the forum, but what have I got to lose? no one knows who I am IRL save for the "Soldier" username and avatar.

As the title suggests, I had to undergo one of life's hardest experiences: Losing a valued pet. Some people say that a dog is just an animal, not a part of the family but I greatly disagree. She was with us for 13 YEARS, and she's a golden retriever, (american variant) and if you know anything about large dogs, they don't live very long. Since we had her since I was 6, i don't remember what it's like not having a dog in the house, which will take some getting used to. We've developed habits and routines around her like giving her table scraps and going in through the side door (she blocked the front door during her last year) that will be hard to kick. Everyone was devastated by this, but it had to be done! she was very sick, and it was the right thing to do. Right now, we're all coping with her loss in our own ways, socializing, reading about others experience, and in my case, playing video games. It dulls the pain, distracting me and keeps me focused on the current moment, as opposed to wallowing in sadness. It was a hard moment letting her go, but it was the humane thing to do, and she died with all of us around her, in our own home. She's not in pain anymore, and i'll cherish my moments with her.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs are definitely family, and they're very special. I've lost a few dogs in my lifetime and it was never easy. The loss of our first English bulldog back in 2015 devastated me (and my parents) deeply. It happened very suddenly and he was a very, very, very special dog. I couldn't handle it at all. I couldn't even stop myself from telling my parents that I wanted to die at that moment. I got a sinus infection and couldn't sleep, and even though he passed away right at the very beginning of my weekend, I was still crying when I returned to work a few days later.

...But no matter what, it is always worth it to have dogs. No dog will be the same, but they all have plenty of love to give. I couldn't live without a dog.

Soldier

Awards
I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs are definitely family, and they're very special. I've lost a few dogs in my lifetime and it was never easy. The loss of our first English bulldog back in 2015 devastated me (and my parents) deeply. It happened very suddenly and he was a very, very, very special dog. I couldn't handle it at all. I couldn't even stop myself from telling my parents that I wanted to die at that moment. I got a sinus infection and couldn't sleep, and even though he passed away right at the very beginning of my weekend, I was still crying when I returned to work a few days later.

...But no matter what, it is always worth it to have dogs. No dog will be the same, but they all have plenty of love to give. I couldn't live without a dog.
Thanks Harmonie, i remember being told that a dog teaches you life's most important lessons, like love and understanding. they've been our partners for thousands of years, so it would make sense that some would think this way.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I'm sorry you and your family are going through this, I hope soon you all will recover from this soon. I know what's it's like growing up with a buddy. I've had my cat since I was 3. We've made some very fond memories and I've learned to bond with him all throughout my childhood. He's an old cranky nut, but the sweetest. Pets are considered family and are important to us, and it is unfortunate that many don't live throughout our whole life. But what matters is you got to spend your life with her and was able to show her love and compassion that others dogs may not have. I wish you and your family the best and be able to cope with this loss.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I'm sorry you and your family are going through this, I hope soon you all will recover from this soon. I know what's it's like growing up with a buddy. I've had my cat since I was 3. We've made some very fond memories and I've learned to bond with him all throughout my childhood. He's an old cranky nut, but the sweetest. Pets are considered family and are important to us, and it is unfortunate that many don't live throughout our whole life. But what matters is you got to spend your life with her and was able to show her love and compassion that others dogs may not have. I wish you and your family the best and be able to cope with this loss.
Thanks little lady, that means a lot coming from you. It is true they don't live very long, but the memories you do make last a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back