• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looks vs. personality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

Looks is the first thing I look at and personality tells me whether the relationship would be long or short term

krexia

Translator
Awards
Both are important, but for me personality is more important. I've been attracted to people who are brilliant and funny but not particularly attractive - I've never been attracted to someone who's stunningly beautiful but not particularly bright.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Strangely enough, you can become physically attracted to someone once you know their personality.

impart

Climb The Sky
looks matter I think. but personality matters so much more just not first. Ive ended up thinking guys were much much more attractive once I got to know them better.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
It has to be both. Personality is very important, don't get me wrong; but it's hard for me to consider the more-than-friends thing if I'm not physically attracted to a girl, even if we get along greatly.
The same way, I wouldn't enter a relationship with even the most beautiful women if I can hardly stand to be around them.

Strangely enough, you can become physically attracted to someone once you know their personality.
I sort of believe this, but it helps if they were already o.k looking to begin with. XP
I think this has also warped my perspective on would-be hot chicks with terrible personalities.

Mint Julep

Website
justicemuffins.tumblr.com
Eh, I'm picky in strange ways.

I agree that anyone who claims looks have nothing to do with the matter is full of more shit than an outhouse. My biggest thing with looks and the like boils down to personal hygiene and grooming; I like a man who knows how to take care of himself. For whatever reason, I've also got this thing with eyebrows. I don't even know, man. Blame Robert Sean Leonard, I guess. :/

Now, I do place personality at a higher platform than looks (but the looks are the hook, so they're still important!). But again MOAR ISSUES. I get along well with pretty much everyone, but if this is someone I'm going to be dating, I'm going to be more selective. GraceAssassin and I have had discussions before in which we both admitted we were somewhat bothered by the fact that we weren't sure if we'd ever find someone who understands us and has a similar vein of humor. Of course, we have internet and real life friends who understand us completely... we just wonder if we can ever find that in a romantic partner. And on a personal level, I'm a bit... eh. Basically, if a guy can't sit down and have an in-depth conversation about Sherlock Holmes, then immediately jump to some of the philosophical elements present in Star Trek, then discuss what our Pokemon dream team would be, and chat it up about the potential non-lethal weaponry within policing today... it won't work. I like someone with different interests, but there needs to be common ground. The usual must be true; nice guy, thoughtful, has the potential to be a serious thinker, etc. I place great stock in personality.

I do wonder if the person I've just described exists. I half-wonder if I'm looking to date myself. I guess I'm kind of a bitch. 8D

GamerChris

Personality is the main focus for me. I need the possible target of my affections to be someone I can get along with really well and someone who can get me out of my very protective and shy shell.

That being said, I do have biases to the slightly more attractive, though I don't rule myself by them, and my own definition of attractive is quite broad.

june

Love is blind

is the guy is gorgeous but he is an ass.. I just forget him
I prefer falling in love with friends because I know they have good personality

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Love is blind

What happened to love at first sight?

I think their looks contribute to their personality. The kinds of girls I go for are in the same social status group, put there by their attractiveness ,and then shapped by the friends whom were their first. Eventually they become similar to the rest, they will always have their personal twist to their personality but they will have adopted many traits from those in the group. Obviosly there are exceptions, but most girls conform to the group they are in.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Love at first sight happens alot.
Making it last?
Idk teenagers have a thing where there to adventurous.

NumberVIII

I feel like looks and personality go hand in hand.

The very first thing that attracts you is looks. It's the first thing you see in them. But it can work out that you're not attracted to them physically, but after getting to know them you start to become physically attracted to them.

I really liked this guy a little while ago, and my friends all thought he was ugly but I loved his personality and I thought he was the cutest thing. And now, after a loooong and utterly uninteresting string of events, I think he's an asshole, and now I find him ugly as hell and can't fathom why I ever found him attractive.

E

Eyesore

Everyone who posts something like this doesnt break the mold instead to me is simple minded.
What do you mean by that?
Heres a fun fact people
Not everyone is pretty to everyone because some thinks so.
So guess what?
Someone finds you ugly/
Guess what?
There going to treat you like you are ugly like ud treat someone u think is ugly /
Guess what?
FThe person who thinks your ugly wi,ll think the person whose with u is a fool for dating such an ugly person and guess what?
You complete the cycle of ignorance..

That's why I said particularly unattractive.
Meaning, they are not "cute" to you, specifically.
Reading comprehension, homie.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
That's why I said particularly unattractive.
Meaning, they are not "cute" to you, specifically.
Reading comprehension, homie.

Read my first ever post here that was some what of a follow up using your words
Again even with that said the logic still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back