• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looks vs. personality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallorytheace

Personality for sure.Looks are great and all,but I want someone who is gonna be there for me,not just look pretty. Besides,just cause they don't look like a super model,doesn't mean you won't find them beautiful once you see how nice a person they are.

Aria

braver by the minute
Looks are usually what get me interested in a guy, but if they turn out to be a huge jerk or not fun to be around with then it doesn't really matter. So for me, personality matters more, but looks don't hurt.

WaveK89

Looks = Lust
Personality = Trust

Okay, yeah, that was lame. Anyway, I have to say personality matters much more than looks. Of course, looks are usually the make or break for first impressions, so it's tough to say on that level.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Personality really influences someone's physical attractiveness for me. I've known attractive girls who are really ignorant and annoying, and they become really unappealing to me. Conversely, a fantastic personality will make someone's physical appearance almost unimportant for me.

best post in the thread

for example my uncle is a fuckin dime piece but gosh darn it every time he talks all he talks about is call of duty and always buys me do-rags for x-mas

june

look is influence a lot by personality. That y some people say that love is blind.
My ex-boyfriend wasn't very good looking, but I really loved his personality.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
I'd have to agree that anyone who says "i don't care about looks" is full of shit.

Both are important.

So true.

Im Bi... So I look at everyone. And trust when I look at someone that's not of my taste of just extremely unnactractive. I will walk the other way. But if I see a really hot chick thats has such a bitchy attitude or extremly annoying, I will do anything to get her attention. Just for a one nighter... to be honest, when its just that, i look for what they have not for who they are.

I used to do that a lot with chicks, but i've stopped big time. I came to a point where I realized, that's wrong to use somebody. I mean, what if I was them? And I have, back in the day where I was young and naive, I would believe everything a guy would say. I would feel like crap the next day because i couldn't believe what i had just done. :/

You can say, I've grown out of that stage. And now I'm looking for more settled relationship. So I'm not really 'looking" for anybody, its just more of a whoever comes along situation. If the chemistry's right, go for it. and if not, oh well.

But now that I'm looking for someone that can settle... gotta be honest with you. Looks matter, but to a point. Back to what Pelafina says, if the they're beautiful from the inside.. they're going to be beautiful from the outside. I mean, one can tell what kind of attitude they have just by looking at them. For a girl, if she has a bitchy attitude, very clingy, annoying ect.. I'm not going to want to be with her, no matter how hot she is. Why should I have to settle for that? If I were with somebody like that, probably my most favorite part of the relationship will be to get her in bed. And overtime, I'm going to gradually lose interest and move on to somebody else. No, I want to be with somebody that's worth it. Someone that's actually worth of my time, fun to hang out with, whose friendly, kind, has the same interest that i do, someone that loves to go out and loves the social scene, knows what they want and goes for it, someone that has a plan for themselves in the future, someone secure in all areas of their life and who has everything together.

I wont really care much about a girls' looks as long as she takes care of herself. Same thing for boys, won't care much about looks, as long a very good hygyene is there. A cute face is a must though, body-wise won't really matter in my opinion. but yeah. I want a girl with an awesome personailty, but she can't be out of my taste either. With a guy, I want a guy with an awesome personality, looks... I can care less as long as there is attraction there.

I've dated some guys that are extremely good looking, but they would be jerks. I definately don't want that. That's why I ain't picky about them anymore.

C

Colours

Both are rather important. There's no choosing in this decade.

ZackFair

Personality. It doesn't really matter about looks to me. As long as she has nice eyes and a cute smile shes golden xD. I can't stand it when a girl has no personality. Boring people are just so boring.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
I think those who say whoever says looks dont matter and says who ever says that is bitter about there relationships.
It takes a true man or woman to find beauty in everyone and everything just because someone hasnt done it for you or the logic doesnt add up doesnt make it so.

I personally go for personality more than looks.

D

Deleted member 71005

Personality matters quite a lot to me, but looks are important as well, the outside can be reflection of the inside. Its sort of like you can tell when someone takes care of themselves, those who take care of themselves tend to have higher levels of confidence. While this isn't always true it's what I go by most of the time, plus I despise dull meaningless conversations no matter how good you look. Basically its what lies at the heart of a person that attracts me the most, unfortunately most people tend to hide who they are at heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Eyesore

To be honest, saying that looks doesn't matter at all is a lie. In my opinion, there must be something you find physically attractive about the other person to get you interested..

Pretty much.
-sigh- It is unfortunate though, isn't it?
I'd say so >.>
What you should really ask is...
"Would you rather have a gorgeous person who is dishonest, cheater, and ready to leave at any moment, or a particularly unattractive person, whose has an amazing persona?"

Captain Garlock

"Would you rather have a gorgeous person who is dishonest, cheater, and ready to leave at any moment, or a particularly unattractive person, whose has an amazing persona?"

Everyone who posts something like this doesnt break the mold instead to me is simple minded.
What do you mean by that?
Heres a fun fact people
Not everyone is pretty to everyone because some thinks so.
So guess what?
Someone finds you ugly/
Guess what?
There going to treat you like you are ugly like ud treat someone u think is ugly /
Guess what?
FThe person who thinks your ugly wi,ll think the person whose with u is a fool for dating such an ugly person and guess what?
You complete the cycle of ignorance.

To be honest, saying that looks doesn't matter at all is a lie. In my opinion, there must be something you find physically attractive about the other person to get you interested..

Dont speak generally
For me i noticed attitude over looks anyday.
Maybe its a black thing since i hate loud annoying women.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Both
I have to have some physical attraction, then if they're personality is bad I wont go for it.
Sometimes If I befriend her and like her personality, I start to like her looks.
But, It just depends.

Jakek9

Well, any girl can be attractive if they care a decent bit about looks. I love looking nice. Therefore even though my skate tone wants ragged flannel/ron jeans/ect., I'll make all my skating stuff look nice.
Now, everyone should want to take care of themselves and do the best they can to look good. Thats good enough for me. Girls who slop on something in the morning because they don't care for looking good won't ever win me over.

I am a person who judges nobody right away and trys loving everyone the best I can. though, I go for looks and personality alike.
The girl could be ugly as fuck, but try and look as nice as she can and I'd go for her. Plus, I don't go for fat chicks because they don't have that thought of trying to stay healthy or skinny. If they are sincerely trying and can't lose weight well, thats ok I guess.

Though personality is a big factor. truthfully, most relationships are found by finding someone who has the most in common with you. Thats actually proven to be a failed relationship 82% of the time. it's actually the person most opposite to you that lasts longest apprently. Why do I mention that? Well think of yourself. What types of women(or men) have you been dating lately?

Anyways,

I like girls who can try their hardest to look nice, not give a fuck what people think, has a very determined attitude and may be somehwat oppostie of of me. Though, not a slut. has standards, has never had sex before, and not stuck up thinking she knows everything or owns the world. Maybe a lil pervertedness (NOT TO MUCH! 0.o)XD

But anyways you get the picture.

I believe you can't help yourself when your attracting yourself to some people though. Though you still may have the choice hereinafter.

Captain Garlock

Jake I have the most respect for you ive ever had in a guy for a while why?

The girl could be ugly as fuck, but try and look as nice as she can and I'd go for her.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I'd have to say that I honestly take looks into cnsideration first, once I decide that they are attractive, I try to get to know them.

There have been times where I have developed crushes on girls that aren't exactly the hottest, but their ppersonalities are to die for.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
personality really makes a guy cute or not, most of the time. if the guy's cute but a total douchebag, then it makes him ugly. if he's like meh looking but really funny, then it makes him cuter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back