• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking to join/create original, literate, RP (apocalyptic?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Hey there. I've been absent from the KHI roleplaying scene for a long time and I'd like to get back into it with it being summer and all. Seeing as how I'm relatively unfamiliar with the current regulars in the RP section and the section itself right now, I figured I'd just put myself out there and see what happens.

At the moment, I'm looking for a RP that is dark and gritty--probably having to do with the apocalypse. I'm down with something realistic or something with a little bit of a supernatural/fantastical quality to it. Sci-fi is good.

Potential ideas:
Zombies
Religious/political controversy
Epidemic
Futuristic
Self-aware AI

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Ah, Tobuoi! It's definitely nice to see one of the better roleplayers return after being absent for so long....
While I myself would gladly join any RP involving any combination of the themes you listed above, I'm sorry to say that original RPs are (as always) floundering in comparison to canon ones.

In fact, not very long ago, I tried to create an original dystopia/fantasy RP, which, while having quite a few excellent roleplayers interested, still died before the sign-up phase was ever completed. Another example: Mad Cunt's original sci-fi RP, Juice, which--in spite of being more well thought-out than any RP I've ever joined--died within the first two to three pages.

However, I'm still more than willing to help collaborate on the type of RP you described--but I'll forewarn you: Don't be surprised if things don't follow as planned.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
At the moment, I'm looking for a RP that is dark and gritty--probably having to do with the apocalypse. I'm down with something realistic or something with a little bit of a supernatural/fantastical quality to it. Sci-fi is good.

Futuristic
Self-aware AI
Then it sounds like Tenyas' CITY roleplay is what you're looking for, at least in those departments. We're needing new members and activity for it as I type this, in fact.

http://forums.khinsider.com/signups...ign-ups-ooc-original-futuristic-roleplay.html

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
I have ideas.

Zombie plot elements: (pick and choose what you like)
1. An epidemic spreads that turns most people into mindless cannibals.
2. The virus affects all, save for those of a rare blood type.
3. Knowing of this virus, the military steps in to quarantine/exterminate the city (i was thinking Chicago or San Francisco or any other major city).
4. There could be a doctor trying to develop an anti-virus that could return the people back to normal.
5. The small group of unaffected people, are attempting to escape the city with their lives.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Zombie plot elements: (pick and choose what you like)
1. An epidemic spreads that turns most people into mindless cannibals.
2. The virus affects all, save for those of a rare blood type.
3. Knowing of this virus, the military steps in to quarantine/exterminate the city (i was thinking Chicago or San Francisco or any other major city).
4. There could be a doctor trying to develop an anti-virus that could return the people back to normal.
5. The small group of unaffected people, are attempting to escape the city with their lives.
Hello, I Am Legend.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
I figured some one would say that. I was thinking more of a get the hell out of the city or find a cure before the military kills everyone type plot, but whatever. Chances are, any "original" rp is going to draw elements from one, another, or even multiple stories/films/games etc. No need for the wit, simply trying to brainstorm as I was in a similar situation as Toboui.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Hey there, Ordeith. I know very well how unsuccessful original RPs can turn out, but I like coming up with ideas for them anyway. :p I would love to do a collab.

∞;5115787 said:
Then it sounds like Tenyas' CITY roleplay is what you're looking for, at least in those departments. We're needing new members and activity for it as I type this, in fact.

http://forums.khinsider.com/signups...ign-ups-ooc-original-futuristic-roleplay.html

I was actually checking this RP out but I figured that with all of the pages and pages of posts, it was no longer in need of players. I will look into it some more, though.

lionheart, I actually made a RP like this a while back. Essentially, there was a virus that broke out in this giant, fictional city. Most of its inhabitants were turned into horrific monsters but a select few experienced a sort of beneficial affect--healing powers, control of the elements, etc. (think Resident Evil meets Final Fantasy...but a bit more realistic). The city had been sealed off by the military and left for dead and it was up to the characters to escape.

Other relatively successful RP plots that have worked in the past (and can easily be modified):

After a series of natural disasters and nuclear war destroy civilization, the tiny human population strives to survive in a wasteland...the earth much different than we know it. The survivors have forgotten their history among many other things. They do, however, have a sort of religion that stems from a book. The ones in charge of the remaining population interpret the book to mean that it was the use of technology that brought their downfall and that if they pray or whatever hard enough, they will be saved. In actuality, the book is a sort of manual for a hidden machine that--some believe--can revitalize the earth. Sort of like Final Fantasy X (but way more miserable) meets Titan A.E.

Along the lines of religious oppression...I once did a RP that was in the relatively near future (within a hundred years or so) that essentially revolved around killing "God". A group of people have figured out how to utilize a sort of universal energy in things like sound, gravity, electricity, etc. that is made up of the tortured souls of the dead. These souls lend their power in the hopes that their borrowers can kill "God", who is using their souls to oppress the living, rather then letting them rest after they die. The central dispute would be between "the Church" and "the Heathens".

Those are just some past ideas. I would not mind coming up with something new.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
Tobuoi: would the role-play mentioned above be Terra Apparatus? I knew I had seen the premise somewhere before, and I went digging through my older posts and found the thread. Apparently I submitted a character template but never got involved. In any case, I'd certainly be interested in joining if you were to revive that.

MESMAR_RISING

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh hey, you're alive. I'll join whatever you make and probably post (somewhat) regularly.

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Well... I have one idea for a plot, or story. But it isn't apocalyptic, though close!

Story
It takes place in the near future, in-which the worst things happens to us humans. A biblical epidemic that has wiped out all third countries. The only people left are the cities that isolate themselves (where it takes place) from the outside world. But there are many secrets within this city.

The Virus
The virus is a mutated strain of the black plague. It spread very quickly and there is a small chance of survival after the infection. Since you turn into a zombie!

Infection
When you first contract[?] the virus you get symptoms of the flu. But after about a hour you start noticing, changes. You get strongs, faster, all senses are heightened. But, the longer you progress, the greater the decomposition within your body takes place. Also the mind of the victim gets warped, they turn crazy.

After awhile they turn into regular zombies... Well most do...

Secret[1]
The first secret includes the Greed of the Rich Man. The wealthier people of the City noticed that when you get the virus, you become super duper saiyan. So they purposely became infected.

But knowing of the costs they decided to pay the top physicians, scientists, and doctors to find the closest thing to a cure possible. So instead of becoming zombies, they gain super human abilities. And also they stop the aging process!

Secret[2]
The other secret, which is much more important. Involves the experiments made my the city leaders.
But to further explain please read this paragraph.

Now when I first mentioned the story I said that the city isolated itself, and this is true. But how is this done? Well the city leaders had decided to make genetically altered humans that are controlled by one AI. But that's what they want you to think!
The truth is that the scientists has no idea on how to make genetically altered humans. Instead they kidnapped them and replaced their spines with an aesthetic. This aesthetic controls their whole nerv system, they see what they are doing. But they have no control over it. They were kidnapped, and transformed.

-----------
One; the RPers will either be: Wealthy zombies, The civilians, & The AI controlled people.

When the story developed the civilians will catch on and revolt.
-----------
And two;
the AI controlled kidnapees (the ones who were kidnapped). Are the only beings who are strong enough to fight the wealthy zombies. They have an altered appearance that looks like Raiden's Ninja Suit from MGS. And are super strong, and stealthy.

So as if Raiden had sex with Ezio and they concieved a baby.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Lol, that's quite an inventive RP idea you have there, Jozi. To be honest, I was looking for something a little more realistic and straight-forward, but I could maybe see doing something like that on the side. Or else combining certain elements of it with something else.

I tend to go for just enough detail to fuel the characters/story emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back