• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Looking for Colleges with both Game Design/Animation and Creative Writing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
First sorry if this is the wrong section....

The title is pretty much my problem here. I'm having a bit of trouble finding schools with both majors.

I had been planning to major in Game Design/Animation in order to become a character designer, but I also would like to write possibly novels so I would minor in Creative Writing. Problem is the only school I was able to find with both is Columbia College in Chicago which is pretty close to where I live anyways. However I still need backups. Know of any good schools out there or efficient methods of finding them other than Google searching "schools with Game Design and Creative Writing"?

D

Deleted member 71005

Full Sail is the best for game design in fact it has one of the top five game degree programs in the world, im not sure about creative writing but they might provide a class. They offer game art classes as well which includes character design and development.

Full Sail University: Campus and Online Degrees

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I heard the Art Institutes weren't all that good, but I'll still take a look. Thank you both.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
First sorry if this is the wrong section....

The title is pretty much my problem here. I'm having a bit of trouble finding schools with both majors.

I had been planning to major in Game Design/Animation in order to become a character designer, but I also would like to write possibly novels so I would minor in Creative Writing. Problem is the only school I was able to find with both is Columbia College in Chicago which is pretty close to where I live anyways. However I still need backups. Know of any good schools out there or efficient methods of finding them other than Google searching "schools with Game Design and Creative Writing"?

Wow, your plan sounds exactly like mine.

Yeah, Columbia might be your primary choice. Full Sail doesn't really have anything for creative writing, last I checked.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Wow, your plan sounds exactly like mine.

Yeah, Columbia might be your primary choice. Full Sail doesn't really have anything for creative writing, last I checked.
Heh heh, how funny XD

That's what I was thinking too, and yeah Full Sail didn't seem to have any real writing, but I believe a good game art school would have some classes on writing the plot.

What state do you live in?

I might be able to locate a few for you
Illinois. Thank you in advance if you try.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Xaldin goes to Columbia College, he's going to study music composition. It's a pretty good school.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about the school I went to.
Pratt Institute is great for digital arts and creative writing.

Last edited:

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Xaldin goes to Columbia College, he's going to study music composition. It's a pretty good school.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about the school I went to.
Pratt Institute is great for digital arts and creative writing.
Interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.
Full Sail has creative writing, its under the computer animation degree program, you might still be able to take the course though check it out if you want to.

Creative Writing : Full Sail
Oh that's good. I had thought I saw something about the plot writting aspect. I only looked in the Game Art program though.

Nicoleswann

Many people think that only the most famous animation colleges are the best; however, this isn’t necessarily true. Many smaller and lesser known colleges offer programs that compare favorably with those of the well-known colleges. Smaller animation schools are also likely to have smaller classes, meaning that students are able to get more one-to-one attention from teaching staff. Some people prefer the more intimate experience of a smaller college with a smaller student body; others may prefer the exciting atmosphere of a larger campus.You can go at this link and find information about colleges Animation Colleges Guide | Top Animation Colleges | Animation College | The Best Online Animation Colleges - FindYourArtSchool.com - FindYourArtSchool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back