• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking for a cutscene in the early game that "might" be offensive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Ahoy hoy,
(Not sure if this thread really applies)
So on the first day of me playing KH 3, I noticed during a particular scene Sora put his arm on his right bicep and raising his right arm in an L-shape. For those of you who don't know, this gesture is considered offensive in some european cultures. It has been used in many media, but notably under adult-centric content where things are more lenient.
Some examples of it being used and removed:
Mario Kart 8 deluxe: Inkling girl used to perform this gesture
Super mario RPG: bowser's victory pose
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: The sailor class used to have this gesture in their sprite. It was removed in later releases.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I definitely remember seeing this in the HD glory that is this game. If it is real, then I don't know how it got past the censors.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unfortunately it seems it will remain in the game since, at least according to the wikipedia page about the gesture, “in Japan it means a sign of bravery and confidence.” They really didn’t set out to flip people off in European countries and offend them, they did it because in Japan it’s a positive thing.

There is even a TV Tropes page about media that uses it https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BicepPolishingGesture

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Ahoy hoy,
(Not sure if this thread really applies)
So on the first day of me playing KH 3, I noticed during a particular scene Sora put his arm on his right bicep and raising his right arm in an L-shape. For those of you who don't know, this gesture is considered offensive in some european cultures. It has been used in many media, but notably under adult-centric content where things are more lenient.
Some examples of it being used and removed:
Mario Kart 8 deluxe: Inkling girl used to perform this gesture
Super mario RPG: bowser's victory pose
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: The sailor class used to have this gesture in their sprite. It was removed in later releases.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I definitely remember seeing this in the HD glory that is this game. If it is real, then I don't know how it got past the censors.

It's offensive in the manner of pumping your fist up in the air while slamming your hand down on your bicep. It essentially means up your ass. He was posing with his arm up already and then slapped his muscle which did not make the same motion.

furusatoe

I just started replaying the game a few minutes ago and I believe it occurs in the very first scene when they arrive in Olympus when Sora and Donald argue about not landing in the right location.

Back