• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking Back - First Kingdom Hearts Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Those are the two things I wanted to see in the game as well.

The battles looked really zoomed in and cramped.
Also when are we going to get Donald and Goofy fighting in those outfits? xD

They did, though kh1 always felt a bit zoomed in so the beta of it would be worse for it I guess.
Nomura is teasing us over those outfits. xD

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I suspect Nomura didn't get permission from Disney to design final fantasy-esque outfits for Donald and Goofy until relatively late in development. That's probably why Donald and Goofy are wearing their classic outfits in the epilogue, they probably didn't think to swap out the models.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I suspect Nomura didn't get permission from Disney to design final fantasy-esque outfits for Donald and Goofy until relatively late in development. That's probably why Donald and Goofy are wearing their classic outfits in the epilogue, they probably didn't think to swap out the models.
Good point. That, combined with how stingy Disney is would make the process fairly long, one would think!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Interesting, I wonder why disney didnt want MDG to get FF styled clothes

Something that confused me about the epilogue was donald and goofy changing their clothes between the defeat of ansem and chasing after pluto in the fields

CloudX

A blast from the past, eh? Actually that beta-code looked quite bad especially considering how KH1 looks, it still looks quite good in my eyes.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
(it seems to be implied that Riku of when DI was being swallowed by the darkness was recruited to be one of the 13 Darknesses)

I understand that this is off topic, but...

OH MY GOD. Now that scene in Re:coded finally makes sense! How did I not figure that out by now?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

OH MY GOD. Now that scene in Re:coded finally makes sense! How did I not figure that out by now?

Because it was completely vague on all accounts.

Anyway, this trailer just fascinates me to no end.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

XD It was done in a purposefully vague way, but once you connect the dots it makes sense. SoD was the one gathering the people who would be potential Darknesses from throughout time in his bodyless form, the time the island was destroyed was when Riku was his most vulnerable to the Darkness, the Riku we meet in Prankster's Paradise (Monstro) is his "dark side".

KH3D said:
Riku: That was my...my dark side. I gave in to the darkness once. And ever since, it's chased me around in one form or another. The Seeker of Darkness who stole my body...a puppet replica of the shadows in my heart...and now, I'm facing me.

The memories in Re:coded that were of Riku weren't originally a part of the Journal, but rather memories that were implanted in the Journal by Naminé.

Re:coded said:
Jiminy: Gee, now that can't be right. If the data was repaired, we should be seeing the things that were written inside my journal, right? But what we just saw--that never happened. Or, at least, I never wrote it down.

Donald: You mean it's showing us stuff you don't know about?

This could be interpreted as if the memories in the Journal are from regular ol' Riku from the time when the islands were destroyed where he first meets SoD, but Riku by that point had already left via the portal and had arrived in Hollow Bastion, looking for Kairi and Sora because he thought they would have been with him when he made it off of the world. This isn't the behavior of somebody who was walking through a destroyed world and willingly walked through a portal made by a stranger with full knowledge he was alone.

There was no way that scene in Re:coded could have logically happened in the timeline we know exists, and yet there it is.

But Naminé herself provides the answer:

Re:coded said:
Naminé: It all began with these memories that were sleeping way down deep in Sora's heart.

Sora: These are my memories?

Naminé: No. Not yours. These belong to people connected to you.

Tada~ These were Riku's memories, but he probably doesn't remember them (because of time travel hijinks and stuff.)

(I had a long rant about the memories and how they got into Sora's heart to begin with for Naminé to show them in the journal but I think it is better for a theory because we have no concrete proof of it yet)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YES!!! Does ANYONE have any IDEA why they changed clothes?! This was always a "wtf moment" for me.

Probably because the road they were on wasn't dangerous, so it was a time to relax and wear casual clothes and be dorks. Once they get to Castle Oblivion, they are forced back into their clothes and they are like:

Goofy: Hey, wait a second... Donald, where'd you get the new duds?

Donald: You too, Goofy! Somebody's been messing with our clothes!

And the only answer we get is: the cards did it.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Maybe it was the memories? When you think about it, Donald and Goofy did arrive in Traverse Town wearing their 'other-worldly' clothing to blend in.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe it was the memories? When you think about it, Donald and Goofy did arrive in Traverse Town wearing their 'other-worldly' clothing to blend in.

i just figured that they changed clothes on the gummi ship during the trip to traverse town. i think it was the fact that the after credits scene was made before the developers got permission to give donald and goofy original outfits for the series. the reason why they didnt change their clothes afterwords could either be laziness on the developers part or some sort of other reason

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
For some reason, I never even noticed the actual clothing change between the ending and the epilogue, so the dialogue at the beginning of CoM always played to me more as a memory loss type of thing than anything else.

thebebop

Nice find, but for some of us who didn't use the internet much back then, you had to get trailers from magazine DVD samples, I once got a DVD which had some interviews and a trailer that I cant't find anymore that I would play a trailer constantly on my DVD player, to me this was the first actual game play and cutscenes I First saw. This is the trailer buy the way.
[video=youtube;NVXGKfxWAI4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVXGKfxWAI4[/video]

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@thebebop: This is the trailer that's on my Mickey's House of Villains vhs movie! I rewind it to that point since it's the last commercial, and I then watch the movie every Halloween. It's a great movie with awesome cartoons. If you've ever played Epic Mickey, you'll see the Lonesome Ghosts cartoon in it.

But this trailer is like the one that plays at the beginning of KH2 when you let the screen run for a few minutes. This is the KH1 version. KH2 has the Passion orchestra, of course :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back