• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking Back - First Kingdom Hearts Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku0147

Awards
Hello all! I found this trailer a couple of days ago while roaming the interwebs. It seems to be the first trailer for Kingdom Hearts! With the HD remake just around the corner, I thought it'd be fun to look back and see how far the game has come. There's quite a few changes they made even before the first game came out, Haha

[video=youtube;jmlrmYoGS6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmlrmYoGS6w[/video]

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
WOW! I can only WISH some of that had happened! They've come so far...WE'VE come so far.

I still have a trailer on my vhs Mickey's House of Villains movie. Watch it every Halloween, and I always rewind it to the trailer! XD

riku0147

Awards
I'm a little freaked out by how evil they made Riku in that trailer. I don't know what exactly they were thinking, especially since Riku is such a vital character in the series. I really wish they'd kept a Bahamut summon D:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm a little freaked out by how evil they made Riku in that trailer. I don't know what exactly they were thinking, especially since Riku is such a vital character in the series.

They were thinking exactly what they were thinking about in KH1. Riku would be the foil to Sora, serving as one of the game's anti-heroes. And...well...if you look at Re:coded and KH3D, it seems that some of the Riku that was more antagonistic seems still to exist in some way. (it seems to be implied that Riku of when DI was being swallowed by the darkness was recruited to be one of the 13 Darknesses)

Also KH3D's ending was all about saving Sora. So some elements were saved, though clearly not executed in KH1 xD Wouldn't be surprised if we saw that line about Sora's existence appearing in some way again.

Last edited:

Shasta

Awards
I'm so glad they changed that font...or at least the positioning of the words. Kingdom Hearts sure has evolved into something great, and very convoluted, even to those familiar to the game. It really is creepy how evil Riku was in that trailer, even so, his character development now has far exceeded any of my expectations looking from the first game's point of view. I think the issue about Sora's existence was touched upon in DDD when Xehanort tried to influence him.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Trailer said:
That's right, Sora.
Your body, your soul, your whole existence...
they're all going to disappear!
Man, I'd love to see the script they had when this was a thing.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Out of all the things I'd want them to keep, why do I want that scene of Riku standing on top of Big Ben most?

Edit: Also, I can never get over how unrefined the Coliseum looks compared to the other worlds there.

Last edited:

riku0147

Awards
Also, I can never get over how unrefined the Coliseum looks compared to the other worlds there.

I'm guessing that Square had just made a quick sketchup of the world for the trailer, along with the hallway from Disney Castle, which SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE GAME!

Korai

Awards
ah the kingdom hearts beta trailer. How far the series has come...
the scene with riku on the clocktower still kinda exsts: in re:coded theres a flashback cutscene in there somewhere of riku standing on the clocktower with an unconcious Kairi, looking depressed. I think its when data sora was in castle oblivion and that scene was supposed to teach him lonliness or hurt or something. Anyway, its in there somewhere.
EDIT: i just found it on youtbe, but i cant make a link from my mobile device. the video is called:"Re:Coded, Japanese cutscene: 10 - A Sad Memory"

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think that's the only trailer for a main game that doesn't have a version of a Utada song lol

riku0147

Awards
I think that's the only trailer for a main game that doesn't have a version of a Utada song lol

Haha, sounds about right. I'm glad they had Yoko Shimomura that early in the game, Destati has such an epic feeling to it.

Sora424

Banned
i remember that trailer back when the game first got announced and i remember the water magic ability that they decide to take out in the final version. so much in the trailer looked pretty epic wish some of those scenes where in kh1 still. but what you gonna do you know?

Gram

Banned
Awards
haha I can't believe you found that! I wish they'd have kept the part with Riku on big ben and from that scene with him charging at riku as the islands fell it makes it seem as riku was gonna be the main antagonist or something. =D

Sora424

Banned
he was a controlled by ansem for the end part of the game, so in a way he was almost the antagonist for the game. i remember dieing so many times against riku at the end of the game. did you guys see sora running in queen mickeys castle? i remember when the game first came out i was looking for a guide or cheat that could get me to king mickeys castle, never did find one though.

riku0147

Awards
did you guys see sora running in queen mickeys castle? i remember when the game first came out i was looking for a guide or cheat that could get me to king mickeys castle, never did find one though.

I think the rage from everyone wanting to go there made Square bring the castle back into KH2, Haha

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm guessing that Square had just made a quick sketchup of the world for the trailer, along with the hallway from Disney Castle, which SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE GAME!
Yeah, probably.

Also if you look closely in that bit, Donald and Goofy appear to be standing screen right, but it's so low res I can barely tell if it's them.

Sora424

Banned
the one thing i wouldnt mind is if they made it available to visit and fight a few heartless, i know its not a big deal but just something that would of been nice...

Korai

Awards
haha I can't believe you found that! I wish they'd have kept the part with Riku on big ben and from that scene with him charging at riku as the islands fell it makes it seem as riku was gonna be the main antagonist or something. =D
Both of these still exist in the series, in some form. In Re:Coded:
[video=youtube;czaaw2e7i9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=czaaw2e7i9I[/video]
And in Re:CoM:
[video=youtube;vpflMhVo9WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhcSrKyqhfh6Gy8dc7cjvRaI0sAXYwTPg&v=vpflMhVo9WI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back