• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

look i did a website

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicodin

relative power
So for my final for my intro to interactive design class (fancy title for web design lol) we had to do a portfolio site, so might as well show it off. There are some issues I already know about, which are: need to change links in the gallery section so that when they're clicked on, they stay yellow (and not turn purple), need to find a way so that it calibrates for screen sizes, and if it doesn't, find a way for the background to move with the content sideways, just not up and down.

It is not suited for Internet Explorer, but I shouldn't have to tell you that.

SO YEAH, here:

SideGap Studios//

I also need to get a domain because I hate that long url off my professor's server.

This will be the site I consistently use and update so critique won't go unnoticed or unchecked.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I recently had to make a website too, for my computer class. It was both painful and fun.

I really like the look of the website, everything goes together perfectly. The thing I don't like about it though is the scrolling on some pages when there's nothing there. For example, the contact page, I would like it if it didn't scroll down as much as it does. Though, I think that might have to do with the resizing you mentioned. I can't really think of anything else for you to change other than the things you've mentioned. I'm bad at critiquing, I'm sorry. C:

​What program did you make this in?

Vicodin

relative power
An expedient reply? On KHI? Glory days.

Thanks! I can probably look into making the pages shorter; it's an easy change. I just wanted to make the length uniform on pages that don't have much content but that makes sense other wise.

I made it in Dreamweaver, which I love more than I hate. All the other elements were done in Photoshop (i.e. background and certain text, etc).

Any critique is better than none, so don't apologize. :]

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Going through the pages, everything has a very uniform and tidied aesthetic to it. I really love that sketch of Alphonse and "The Regular".
When you slide (again as you've probably already said) the text overlaps with he brighter side of the page under (under the STUFF tab).

Gonna take a shot in the dark here and ask, is this your first website?

Vicodin

relative power
Yeah, that is something I've known about for a litttllleee while, and still have yet to fix, because 20 or so pages is not something that sounds fun to go through. ;-;

It is my first fully fledged website. Prior to this, we re did a website that had too many parameters and no one got it done lol, and before that was this: ://CSSZenGarden redesign of that page w/ the same content so like, it's not that much considering it's only one page.

Thanks! It's nice knowing people looked through my art on it too.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
I find it really awkward how everything is placed on the right side of the page and by default (at least for my resolution) a bit of the material is cut off. I just have a hard time dealing with content placed on the right side of the page when the page isn't fixed.

Vicodin

relative power
Content cut off is one of the things I have to change. Right side is intentional, but on larger monitors where it wouldn't feel correct it's centered. Still trying to figure the bugs of all that out though. Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back