• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Loki (2021) - The Bi-Frost Giant

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Happy Loki Wednesday! If we have a Loki thread, I apologize but I figured this show is bigger than both Wandavision and FATAS, so it definitely deserves its own thread. I’ll edit the OP with a trailer later...

(also I haven’t watched the episode yet so the title is just a joke about how Thor: The Dark World has been ignored for years)

AegisXIII

Awards
Oh yes finally. I was waiting for this show for so long. I am so intrigued by the contrasts in this show. A time travel agency which looks like any other boring government office with retro technology, I am full in.
Have you seen it already? Is it good, bad, little bit of both?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I keep waiting for someone to make an Animorphs Escafil Device joke with the Tesseract & it never happens :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It was incredibly exposition heavy, hopefully the next episode strikes a nice balance between exposition and watching something fun on the screen. I laughed at the video with Miss Minutes explicitly telling us what plan Marvel is using going forward.

D

Deleted member 246005

There is a sale for Loki comics on Comixology.com.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yep. I mean, look at Ravonna being a judge. I think this is definitely setting Kang up. Also the TVA is probably located within the pockets of quantum space seen in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

It’s all connected!!!

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought it was a fun premiere. Tom Hiddleston's Loki was the first real breakout character in the MCU to me. So I'm glad he gets the spotlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noivern

Awards
It was okay to me. I'm forcing myself to give this a chance because of how much I enjoyed the other two MCU shows, even though I really don't like Hiddleston's Loki. It's nothing personal, really, It's just that being a teenager when tumblr was at it's peak did numbers to how much I can endure staring at the dude's face.

(Plus, the only versions of Loki I actually vibe with are the Kid and post YA versions of the character in the comics. Not really a fan of the chaotic villain myself).

Like Chaser said, there was too much exposition with little pay off in terms of actions, but I think it was important going further to stablish not only who Loki is, but who he is going to be. Talking about how he feels towards hurting people is critical to anti-hero Loki, so I'm interested to see how the show is going to develop.

Still, this is probably going to be my most interesting experience with anything MCU-related so far as I have very little comic knowledge of the plot points this is going to deal with nor any real attachment to the characters, so it's going to feel fresh. With WandaVision I picked it up two episodes before it ended, while with TFATWS I binged the whole thing when the final episode aired, so watching this weekly is going to be cool.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Loki is off to a good start. Like others said I feel this episode was a bit exposition heavy, but i didn't mind that too much. I do find it interesting that in the MCU there seems to only be one timeline, how does that work with the grander Marvel Multiverse, are they implying that the MCU is a separate "Multiverse" from the comics and cartoons?

I like how this show worked in the TVA's technology, it seems like a pretty clever way to use it. I'm also curious to see how Loki seeing his future will effect his development and what caused the other Loki to go down his destructive path.

With the premise it seems like this series might be kind of important in establishing the multiverse and be a building block to the coming movies dealing with it, which honestly is unexpected from all the announced series, I was kind of expecting this to be the least impactful.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was a fool to think that Loki would just be about him and Morbius going to different times and then doing some story of the week thing with dabbles of the main story until episode 5 or so.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also how big can a shop be? That place was massive.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Episode two was pretty good. I really like how Loki hasn't entirely out grown his scheming ways and is trying to get a feel for where the wind is blowing.

Seems like the Lady Loki theory was on point, though I am confused by the blond hair for some reason. I almost feel like this hints at her being more than just a variant form the current timeline and that the bogus of a sacret timeline is just that: bogus.

There's a few things in this episode that give the impression that what they're claiming about the TVA isn't quite true. Like if there is only one timeline, what happened to the ones where the avenger removed the stones from and the one Steve grew old in?

At the same time, I'm not sure what Lady Loki's goal is with causing so many new varianting timelines. Is she just trying to stir up chaos, create a certain outcome or is she even trying to recreate her timeline (assuming the TVA deleted it)? I also can't help but wonder, if she is a varaint from our mcu timeline, where did she branch off of? Is she a Loki that was always female? One that transitioned? One that was reincarnated into a female form like in the comics?

I'm definitely looking forward to next weeks episode and learning more.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The international credits list
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This series has no right being this good but I'm glad it is. Who knew that an alternate reality Loki would be so fundamental to the future of the MCU?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The international credits list
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Just watched the second episode a few minutes ago with one of my very best friends, and I have to say, I'm very excited for what the rest of the show has in store, especially for the broader MCU as a whole! And I love how this show is explaining its alternate timeline concept for those who haven't followed the MCU as heavily as we have! It'll be an easy way of ensuring that people don't get confused if we are witness to multiple versions of heroes or villains appearing in future MCU projects. Still hoping that this is the case for Spider-Man: No Way Home! :D

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought it was a fun 2nd episode.

It reminded me of why I didn't like Agents Of SHIELD way back in its first season. Which helped me sort discover something missing in my own work so that's cool.

A common theory is she's Enchantress from the Thor comics. She was another Thor Villian from Asgard. Having her fight Loki could be fun.

Awards

It reminded me of why I didn't like Agents Of SHIELD way back in its first season. Which helped me sort discover something missing in my own work so that's cool.

A common theory is she's Enchantress from the Thor comics. She was another Thor Villian from Asgard. Having her fight Loki could be fun.
Yes, Amora the Enchantress! She's an interesting character, and I'd love to see more! I'm also very hyped to see what alternate branches Loki opened up!

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I actually quite like that theory and it explains the blond hair, though the question becomes why is this Enchantress labeled as a Loki variant?

D

Deleted member 246005

I actually quite like that theory and it explains the blond hair, though the question becomes why is this Enchantress labeled as a Loki variant?
She's a schemer so it helps with her plans if they think it's Loki instead of her.

That's how the Master does it from Doctor Who.

Just a theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back